Full editor crashes when in content manager.

Ok I am not really sure if my system is just not enough for the full editor, its not the worst but it is not a gamming machine.. I would think it was enough to run it, I have a quad core A8 AMD processor, 6 gig ram and 500 gig hd. So again it's not the best by far but it plays the game great, and the basic editor is no problem, but the full editor seems to work great until I try to grab some assets.

I want to just work in the basic for now, I am not ready for the full anyway, but I want to grab items to use on the map from the full editor and then open the map in basic and work on it there.. However every time I open the map in full editor, I can move things on the map around great, fast and accurate, I can open the content manager and drop some meshes that are already in the list, but if I right click on the package in the tree list on the left side and chose fully open (I think that is how it is worded) it opens fine, but if I do that several times on several packages the whole editor freezes, and I have to use the task manager to close.. Also if I click on the one in the tree list that would open all the meshes it don't take to long to open them, about 2 min at the most, but then it freezes I can not do anything ..
32 and 64 bit versions act the same...

Is it my machine? Or is there some tweeks I can use in settings to lighten the load maybe?
I run programs like Dreamweaver Photoshop with no issues, even several of them open at the same time.. But with the editor nothing else is open, and I even tweeked my machine to basic graphics, and increased the virtual memory by 2 times.. So I am lost now...
One day I will graduate noob school!!!
-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

Comments

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Each time you fully load a package, you are opening all of the information for every item in the package and loading it into RAM. This is quite a lot for someone with 8-16GB RAM, but with 6GB you have to be very careful what you open up.

I think you will have to limit how many sections you fully load at a time, and once you move on, unload it again.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I used to have 4GB of system Ram and suffer a very similar experience but it would only lock up or freeze if I tried to load too much in one go.

What you can try to do is load just one or two asset packages at a time, then take what you want/need from them, then unload it (right click package - unload) this should then use far less resources.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Ok that seems to work fine and makes sense.. Ill just open what I need and unload the package

Thanks!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!