Executing a .TXT/adminlogin file no longer works???

I use to be able to exec a .txt file and now it doesn't work!!
This command no longer works does anyone know a new way of doing this??

thadminlogin Password

You have to do it manually to login as an admin now and the setbind numpads will work but as far as exec a file....it doesn't work.

Comments

• vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    What text file are you trying to execute?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • It's a notepad that includes adminlogin and server rules under 1 through 9 numpads
    Why not just add your server rules to "pbsvuser" and have them scroll instead of executing a text file?
  • well actually it's a rule/recruiting admin message and i do have the pbsvuser rules going!
    Oh, I see what your talking about now. Would it be easier to just bind the messages to some keys instead of calling a text file?
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    The purpose of the txt file is so that you can run one command, that will then bind all of your admin messages to the required keys. It saves a lot of time doing it manually in the ini file every time there was a major game update.

I don't think the problem is actually running the txt file, it is that I don't think you can bind the admin login command to a single key any more. In other words the text file is working and binding the commands, but the bit where it used to log in as admin doesn't.

I think a dev would need to answer as to why they removed this either on purpose or by accident.
    Ok, I guess I've never used txt files to that extent. Sorry for my misunderstanding :blush: lol
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,614Beta Tester
    Are normal txt files still executing OTHER than admin-related?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • The purpose of the txt file is so that you can run one command, that will then bind all of your admin messages to the required keys. It saves a lot of time doing it manually in the ini file every time there was a major game update.

I don't think the problem is actually running the txt file, it is that I don't think you can bind the admin login command to a single key any more. In other words the text file is working and binding the commands, but the bit where it used to log in as admin doesn't.

I think a dev would need to answer as to why they removed this either on purpose or by accident.

Ok the weird part about this whole ordeal is that when you Manually Login as a server administrator while playing the game, The Keybinds work perfectly find. They only thing that I am having a problem with is that when i exec file.txt that is in INI file "which used to work btw" It doesn't log me in as an administrator anymore. It sucks that I have to do it manually everytime i join the server. It's almost as if they removed the command "AdminLogin password" . I'm wondering if they change that command to something diffrent i.e bAdminLogin or AdminPassword....and so on if that makes any sense. Anyway it would be nice to find out..
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Are normal txt files still executing OTHER than admin-related?

Exec'ing txt files is fine, it is as WileE says, there is something in the admin login command which is not working. I think the devs have disabled either the console adminlogin command, or stopped you being able to bind it to a key.

Some may think, why do we want to do this, but imagine you are on your server, you forgot to login when you arrived, and just before a map switch someone says "can we play X map?"
    Before, all you had to do was press Num-0 (or whatever keybind to login in) and go to switch map, pick the map and hit OK.
    Now, you have to go into the menu, go to admin menu, type in your password (if you remember it and don't mis-type, then go to switch map, pick the map and hit OK.
    The bold bit is not always easy when you have 10 seconds count down before the map auto switches. :#
  • The reason you are having problems is because AdminLogin is no longer a console command that we can use. Not sure if there is another command that took it's place, but I too am unable to use a text file to login to admin because of this.
    PLevlex.jpg