Bsod

=NOC=BWSNinja=NOC=BWSNinja Posts: 34Player
Built this PC 18 months ago and in that time I have had 6 x BSOD of death.
All occurred playing AA:PG and all in the last 2 weeks.
Now I know from past experience with this Error on Windows, fixing it is like trying to nail Jello to the wall.
Hoping someone has had this problem and knows how to fix it.

Info on crash -
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event ID 41
Task Category 63
Source Kernel Power
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-05-08T09:59:47.520012300Z

EventRecordID 195661

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

- Security

- EventData

BugcheckCode 59
BugcheckParameter1 0xc0000005
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff96000678588
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff88012a222f0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

System specs-
Windows 7 64 bit Professional SP1
Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz
32.0GB DDR3 Gskill
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 PRO (LGA2011)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (EVGA)
Creative Sound Blaster Z
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000HHTZ-04N21V0 ATA Device (SATA)
238GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Seri SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 02FAEX-00Y9A0 SCSI Disk Device
america_s_army_proving_grounds_logo_by_outlawninja-d8rl9wy.png

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Kernel Power when I searched it is either power supply or ram.. for me it was ram.. not a problem since

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Sometimes it can be as easy as needing to clean the dust off of your heatsink because the CPU or GPU are locking up from excessive heat, others it can be drivers, or even as doba says, bad hardware like failing Ram or PSU. Can you play other PC games fine without this issue? and/or does it only happen on AAPG?

BSOD's are indeed sometimes a real pain to remedy, check in 'event viewer' and see if there is anything within windows faulting around the time of the BSOD..

I had a BSOD problem with graphics drivers once that conflicted with an older driver that was due to residual gunk left over on my system after a GPU driver update.. it took me weeks to figure out why after 5 minutes my PC would just freeze or sometimes gave BSOD, I looked into my event viewr and saw that something was faulting to do with my GPU, but at the time mt GPU was almost brand new so I knew it couldn't be the card itself.. so I used a driver cleaner program to get rid of all the driver files in safe mode.. and installed fresh ones, then the problem magically went away.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =NOC=BWSNinja=NOC=BWSNinja Posts: 34Player
    Sometimes it can be as easy as needing to clean the dust off of your heatsink because the CPU or GPU are locking up from excessive heat, others it can be drivers, or even as doba says, bad hardware like failing Ram or PSU. Can you play other PC games fine without this issue? and/or does it only happen on AAPG?

BSOD's are indeed sometimes a real pain to remedy, check in 'event viewer' and see if there is anything within windows faulting around the time of the BSOD..

I had a BSOD problem with graphics drivers once that conflicted with an older driver that was due to residual gunk left over on my system after a GPU driver update.. it took me weeks to figure out why after 5 minutes my PC would just freeze or sometimes gave BSOD, I looked into my event viewr and saw that something was faulting to do with my GPU, but at the time mt GPU was almost brand new so I knew it couldn't be the card itself.. so I used a driver cleaner program to get rid of all the driver files in safe mode.. and installed fresh ones, then the problem magically went away.

Keep my computer spotless so pretty sure dust is not a problem.
    RAM timings etc are all solid. All drivers are up to date.
    Can play any other game for hours with no problems at all, browsing the net, watching vids etc all cause no problems at all.
    Every single time it happens, playing AA PG.
    Just port forwarded all the necessary ports via my router to see if that helps.

america_s_army_proving_grounds_logo_by_outlawninja-d8rl9wy.png