[Tutorial] Setting up Sounds - WWISE Engine in AAPG - 2 part Video.

[Tutorial] Setting up Sounds - WWISE Engine in AAPG
Part 1
Part 2

Enjoy!

Comments

• Gindungo_ANGGindungo_ANG Posts: 70Player
    Thanks wolverine, I learned a lot from this tutorial, now i'll fix my old maps with this sounds.
    I didn't even have a clue how to do this.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    You're welcome. I'll have the last video up hopefully later on tonight. It will cover occlusion and the use of static meshes to control sounds.
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    One question. In vid 2 you said you could drag any AK sound like drips and it plays to a radius. You then said you could control this with a volume.

1) What type of volume; a reverb volume?
    2) How do you load the drip sound within this volume?

Are you saying that I can drag a sound into the map, then put a reverb volume surrounding that sound, and the sound will only play within that volume? i.e. not though walls if the otherside of the wall is outside the volume even though it is within the original sound radius?
    Plus any options you add to the reverb volume surrounding that sound will be applied to that sound (indoor/outdoor, hallway/room etc)?
    I'm working on another tutorial on how to do it...how to control sounds from bleeding over.
  • CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    edited October 2015
    I'm trying to make the ambient sound not as loud. In my reverb volume I tried changing Settings - Volume to 0.25 but it sounds just as loud as 1.0

It seems I cant change the volume at all, louder or softer. What am I doing wrong?

pOIOn23.png
    PLevlex.jpg
    You're not doing anything wrong. At the moment volume is fixed. I don't think there is a way to change that at the moment. Hopefully we'll get something in the future to control it.
  • ah ok, thanks!
    PLevlex.jpg
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    Have you tried tweaking the interior volume on a reverb thats surrounding the whole map with your ambient sound inside it?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Look out for it. I have a video coming on how to control sounds bit more.