[Request] Borderless Windowed Mode

.dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
I constantly hear complaints of "Alt-Tabbing drops my fps", and it does. It renders you unable to play for up to 15-20 seconds depending on your computer. A solution to this was found for the AAO 2.5 Assist client. It creates a borderless window that fills up the whole screen regardless of resolution. I was wondering if something like this could be implemented as an option instead of full screen.

Borderless Window Mode
  1. Should we have it?16 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
        0.00%
    3. I don't have this problem
      25.00%
TheTots wrote:
I think this thread has run it's course......

Comments

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    i also recently noticed in open beta, i experience low framerate at the start of some rounds as if just coming back from an alt-tab (even though i did not alt-tab).
    -
    you really only get like 5 seconds to choose weapon and spawn into the world before the round goes live. i don't think that's enough time to get the framerate up before the round goes live.
    -
    it is sad that i feel like we need another 5 seconds added to the start of each round just so i can get my framerate all the way up before the round goes live...
    -
    also what happened to using the time between rounds to discuss strats? i can barely get my gun and get to the spawn barrier in time before the round goes live. sadly all the time between rounds is wasted, forcing everyone to stare at scoreboards. we really need a way to skip that and get in and select weapon and prepare for next round, instead of stare at scoreboard.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I would like to vote yes but you put yes as the question :smirk:
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    I would like to vote yes but you put yes as the question :smirk:
    Today vortex learned how polls worked.
    Fixed.
    TheTots wrote:
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    edited May 2015
    Yes please, I am forced to play in windowed mode to multitask
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,137Player
    +1, I also play in windowed mode so I can do stuff while I'm dead. I remember requesting borderless window back in the closed beta days.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    edited May 2015
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    +1, I also play in windowed mode so I can do stuff while I'm dead. I remember requesting borderless window back in the closed beta days.

I know it's possible, Spanky over at aao25.com got it working with their client. I think it's something that needs to be implemented.

Although, they also fixed a lot of other things the devs were unwilling to do back then...
    TheTots wrote: