fast fingers achievement bug

.shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
before i discuss this topic, i just want to say that fyi, the button on the launcher to link to website bug report page... doesn't work. "whoops! 404"

posting this here just so nobody else wastes their time trying to get this achievement (the way it should be earned) before this gets patched... so i just finished beta testing your game that is no longer in beta... turns out one of the achievements has the requirements written/coded incorrectly.

for "fast fingers" it says to "defuse with 1 second or less remaining". doesn't say fuse or round timer, but one would assume it means fuse. one would assume that to mean the fuse having 1 second or less left on it... but nope. that's not how it works right now...

to get this achievement, you have to have the opposing team plant the bomb with 0-1 seconds left on the round timer, meaning at 5-6 seconds start planting. plant finishes at 0-1 seconds on the clock. then at that point the round timer pauses and anyone on defense can come up and defuse it, regardless of the fuse time, and get the achievement.

i'd say this is not the intended design of this achievement.

also, why do we get score, achievements, stat tracking, etc in a server with only 2 players? likely safe to assume passworded servers also do? idk but neither should be the case. this was brought up years ago at start of beta... do issues like this really not end up on the dev team's to do list/radar?

Comments

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    edited October 2015
    also, why do we get score, achievements, stat tracking, etc in a server with only 2 players? likely safe to assume passworded servers also do? idk but neither should be the case. this was brought up years ago at start of beta... do issues like this really not end up on the dev team's to do list/radar?
    You don't earn money by scoring up. So if you scored up by unfair means, your conscience will hurt you.
    For example, you unlocked everything by a two player game in a password protected server, you get less joy than actually scoring up/completing achievements ethically. So its all about that.
    And what if it was a completely ethical 2 player match? I fought real hard and so not score up? Disabling stat tracking for 2 player match has many flaws.
    About the timer and the fast fingers achievement you are entirely right.