New Forum Layout

=IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
I prefer the other one we just had.. I feel I need to resize my screen to 80% .. is it for the blind?

I can live with the PC version.. but [TOS Violation] that mobile version went back 10 yrs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    really guys. it is nice that after months we finally have functional breaks and spacing between paragraphs, but what's with the rest of this? i've only spent 2 minutes navigating this thing. surely, attention to such simple details is something the boss man should be catching before green lighting your work onto the internet. even if you are your own boss... what gives?

why can we only view 7 thread titles on a subforum page? because each is encased in a massive box of empty space.... what's with this biggification of boxes? small text font size, but surrounded by big empty boxes... my eyes love scouring empty space for signs of relevant data! gonna order a new mouse from amazon because my mouse wheel is going to wear out quick if my eyes don't explode first. i don't mean to be a prick but this massive spacing looks/reads awful.

and what's with the search box being planted right in the middle of the top banner??

and what's with the link to the parent directory being laid underneath the overlapping comment box so you need to pixel hunt with your cursor to interact with the link to navigate back to the given subforum?

why is "attach poll" selected by default when creating a new discussion?

why does the "preview" page just show black text on white background?

when creating a new discussion, the [add a question] and [add an option] "buttons" at the bottom are run together and each lead to a "page not found"

i could go on... though i'm sure we'd both rather i didn't.

TLDR: this is an eyesore, and a dysfunctional one at that.

EDIT! the webpage breaks if you try to edit the OP of a discussion, unless you (again) uncheck the box "attach a poll" if you don't, you will get a popup that you cannot remove or navigate away from... that says

Error

You must enter a valid poll title!

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Thanks for the feedback. More work is going to be done to the style.
    The big change here is all the back end stuff. Lots of good changes from that stand point. Nailing down the style more won't be a problem at all.

Just keep reporting any bugs you see and we can get them taken care of!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    I like it!!
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Where has the stats page gone? Can't click on my name in the profile page anymore.

Also the submenu to the upper right doesn't show when you scroll down. It should follow the header.
  • HilabusterHilabuster Posts: 41Player
    We are aware of many issues. This theme is not finished, but it is way more hackable than the previous theme. We are open to feedback and we will evaluate suggestions as they come in.

I can address some things:

Polls, I think the polls plugin may have some compatibility issues with this version of vanilla, I disabled it for now until I can investigate.

I forgot to upload the mobile theme, it should be fixed now.

Some spacing is still being tweaked.

I will look at the preview style to see why its inverting.

The designer likes the search bar in the header.... that probably his favorite feature...

He also likes whitespace...

biggification, nice word bruh...

And we green light things because it is the best way sometimes to get feedback from our community.
    SOPMOD wrote: »
    Where has the stats page gone? Can't click on my name in the profile page anymore.

Also the submenu to the upper right doesn't show when you scroll down. It should follow the header.

The stats page is not part of the forum. in the previous theme I hacked the profile page to link to your soldier page. I have not taken the time to hack the profile page again to link to your soldier profile. I am glad that you actually used it though....

I am aware of the menu not remaining sticky when you open the off canvas menu. It will get fixed....
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    I need a new posts button.
    Oh well.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    what is the color scheme for the users listed at the bottom "online now" section?

it used to be color coded to represent stuff like admin, dev, moderator, veteran, beta tester, player, etc.

right now it seems to randomly select one random viewer to be displayed in orange, one to be cyan, and the rest to be green?

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,517Player
    edited October 2015
    I like it :smile: looks good
    gKQ6BB2.png
    what is the color scheme for the users listed at the bottom "online now" section?

it used to be color coded to represent stuff like admin, dev, moderator, veteran, beta tester, player, etc.

right now it seems to randomly select one random viewer to be displayed in orange, one to be cyan, and the rest to be green?

Yes, I saw that... we fixed it, though...
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I can only fit 1 post on my screen at a time. No brainer that the fonts too big.

Otherwise the styles are pretty spot on. Solid bootstrapping.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,517Player
    I can only fit 1 post on my screen at a time. No brainer that the fonts too big.

Otherwise the styles are pretty spot on. Solid bootstrapping.

Keep it as it is I have bad eyes :)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    I like the size of the emojis :D
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Remember to give some love to the tapatalk plugin. Still can't auth our email address login names.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I believe the issue is that tapatalk doesn't work with the way we auth.
    Currently there aren't any plans for tapatalk support, but we are trying to make the mobile version as good as we can.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    We could see own stats and others stats when click on username in the profile before, will it be back?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 172Beta Tester
    Me like :#
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    Hilabuster wrote: »
    The stats page is not part of the forum. in the previous theme I hacked the profile page to link to your soldier page. I have not taken the time to hack the profile page again to link to your soldier profile. I am glad that you actually used it though....

I think plenty of people used the feature. Definitely find a way to bring it back.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Ya, keep that profile stuff, man! We wuz using it to dis people who couldn't possibly know nuthin' on account o' their grim stats!

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    I don't like it. I think it's clunky and ugly. The other was streamlined and attractive.