Best Frag Or K/d

-=DA=-GUNNZZY-=DA=-GUNNZZY Posts: 18Player
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
I was wondering what a lot of you guys k/d is and how it compares to others,the reason I ask is that I played with some top comp players over the years many of them held 3.0 and even better but never a 6.2 as the guy I was against last night,is a 6.2 k/d legit? to you guys or maybe something going on,this player you would think would be a bridge sniper camper posting up and knocking players down,but no he was running and gunning like we do and was just plain and simple AMAZING.Give me your f/r and your thoughts,i was forced to remove this player based on spectateing him and didn't like what I seen,but I wanna be fair to people and not act as if good players are not allowed in our servers.

Comments

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    6.2 is pretty high. there has apparently been an influx of dishonesty in the last few days I've heard.
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    If it was a very new account with very little history and he was having a great night I could believe it is legit.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Don't forget about our recent stats issue.
    If you do suspect them, send their name to us and we will check them out.

americasarmy.com/support/abuse
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I saw a guy go 33 and 5 on an Official Intercept server against good, known players. I've played with a lot of different skill levels and this guy was running and shooting and playing angles so fast it was scary. Luckily I've played with fair players who all have fun communicating in Global, so it's no biggy, but I bet people new to AAPG are not amused when they get rolled so badly.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Most people with incredibly high fragrates are bad comp players, because they play for their fragrate alone and rather lose rounds and let teammates die as taking some for the round win.

Besides, for competitive matches itself, it's impossible for everybody to have a fragrate of 2, while you at least have an equal amount (or more) of deaths as kills.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    If you've only played few games it's normal for your kdr to be abnormally high. Maybe you had some great first few games. Over time it should even out.
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Most people with incredibly high fragrates are bad comp players, because they play for their fragrate alone and rather lose rounds and let teammates die as taking some for the round win.

I'll have to disagree here, all players on our team have a 3+ kdr and play to win rounds. There is a middle-ground between kdr-first players, and round-win players. I'm not saying the player you described does not exist, simply that people's playing habits are typically not absolute.

Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I'm playing for ace steals. Is that good?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    I tell you something.. I applaud you for at least 'not wanting' to kick out good players as being honest entirely too much of that has happened in the past and its not very nice. In fact even though I have no proof of this as a notion.. I'd hazard a guess that its a far worse feeling for the recipient of such an action, than what a real cheeter may feel when he gets the boot.

I'm certainly not the best player by a long chalk but even I have had to suffer the feeling of getting banned for simply playing a good match, or gotten accused of being foul on more than one occasion, even if it was lucky or minute point and click skill, now I try to build relationships with admins so they may better trust me if one day I have my lucky PG socks on :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited October 2015
    I play for kills and Hawkeyes ..playing for KDR is too much work and not exactly my prefered game style as I prefer to rush.. I usually have a ton of kills.. but also many deaths.. it comes with going for it and not just holding a position.

6.2 is BS though

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Do not also forget against who you play and get very high KD ratios.
    There are many servers out there you can simply roll over ppl, and there are others it may look weird going over the top (like in matches)
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Do not also forget against who you play and get very high KD ratios.
    There are many servers out there you can simply roll over ppl, and there are others it may look weird going over the top (like in matches)

I've seen 20+ kills on comp matches. It's not pretty for those on the receiving end.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    Yeah and I had 20 kd ratio on GFT server.. so? :)
    Comp matches s 2 FR is pretty good.
    It happens on a reg for someone having a good game.. but to hold that kind of FR over time with scrims/matches is very difficult

joke to a side.. you have relativize stuff like this.. like bart said, he mostly plays matches and hardly flo servers.. he had 1,6 kd ratio in open beta, but I can assure you he will take out 80% of your +3 kd guys in your clan face to face :)
    yes thats a perfect example of how little KDR means.. Yes those SSK guys are good.. but dont kid yourself there are great teams out there inv. is one of them

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    12v12 is much easier to maintain a higher than natural fragrate. fish in a barrel. the game won't hold the attention of skilled players who look for a challenge when so many players are just completely clueless fodder.
    -
    if all you play is 6v6 pubs then no surprise you'll have a harder time maintaining such a k:d...
    -
    if all you do is scrim/match... well we know that isn't the case any longer.. but that shouldn't track.
    -
    does this game still track stats and experience on passworded servers and servers with less than 4 players? why would that still be a thing?

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited October 2015
    Playing exclusively on 12v12, 2 revives, revives on HS servers could maybe give you an unusually high K/D, especially if you like to body camp.

I assume these servers are also tracked?
    Everything is tracked

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    6.2 is pretty high. there has apparently been an influx of dishonesty in the last few days I've heard.

Unfortunately, this is true. I guess a new release is out.
    googley avatar aapg

Influx or not..6.2 is not gonna happen unless you only look for servers with new players and disconnect on a reg.

This discussion has been closed.