How To Enable And Setup Demorec

HI GUYS I NEED HELP ON HOW TO ENABLE AND SETUP THE DEMOREC APP ON THE SERVER OR THE GAME ANY HELP IS APRECIATE IT, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Comments

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Hello Wolf,

-Go to your server files and access DefaulGame.ini -> bAutoDemoRecEnabled=true
    -Create a folder called Demos in AAPG/AAGame for the server.
    -The server will record every match in that folder (match has to start, it wont record the warmup).
    -Download the file from that Demos folder and put it inside your Demos folder, if you don't have it just create a new one -> Documents/My Games/America's Army Proving Grounds/AAGame
    -Launch the game and write in console demoplay "name of the demo".
    -Done

You can also add the following keybinds for commands:
    -Create a demo.txt file on your local binaries folder and copy the contents below
    -Within the opened demo, hit the console and type exec demo.txt
    -The below commands will then work, make sure the binds below do not interfere with your current keys, you can change them as you please.

-- demo.txt contents --

;THIS file must be in the \binaries folder
    ;exec from command line
    ; demoplay <demoname>
    ; file must be in \\\AAGame\Demos folder

setbind "u" "demorewind 10" ;rewinds 10 seconds
    setbind "i" "slomo .1" ;sets playspeed to 1/10th normal
    setbind "o" "slomo 4" ;sets playspeed to 4x
    setbind "p" "slomo 1" ;sets playspeed back to normal

**The information above was taken from wanted and keebler's demorec post.

Hopefully now I won't get accused on your server :D
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • DWT|WOLFODST117*DWT|WOLFODST117* Posts: 29Player
    jjjajajajajajaja thanks alex no problem, by the way you know is not me. but thanks alot come back again to the server i need to ask you something when you get there
  • -FGH-rjcastillo-FGH-rjcastillo Posts: 2Player
    edited October 2015
    Do you have to set the "DemoRecDir=" like this?

bAutoDemoRecEnabled=true
    DemoRecDir=AAPG/AAGame/Demos/
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    That's the default folder for demorecs, so you can leave the line for folder even empty for it.
    If you want demorecs to be saved to a different folder then set the line accordingly
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    One question, why is the required setting in the DefaultGame.ini, rather than the AAGame.ini where every other setting is? (in fact there is a demorec setting in AAGame.ini if that is what you meant, but can't get it to work)
    In fact the setting for demorec is in AAGame.ini but if your default ini setting is different, it might overwrite the AAGame.ini on server trouble like crashes etc.

I also heard that some game providers block demorec. With gameservers.com it works fine for us.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 651Moderator
    In fact the setting for demorec is in AAGame.ini but if your default ini setting is different, it might overwrite the AAGame.ini on server trouble like crashes etc.

I also heard that some game providers block demorec. With gameservers.com it works fine for us.

Blocked, or disabled by default?
    If it's blocked, you may want a new provider.
    m_hermann wrote: »

Blocked, or disabled by default?
    If it's blocked, you may want a new provider.

Agreed
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Thanks for explaining how to set this up, I been wanting to use it but every time I set it in the game.ini nothing happens, but now I set it in the default game.ini and wala it is working!!

And Ill give a shout out to Lowping game servers!! Works on their end!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• =AA=.Section.Eight.NZ=AA=.Section.Eight.NZ Posts: 2Player
    edited June 21
    Also, when you edit the DefaultGame.ini it will overwrite all user made changes in the AAGame.ini when you restart the server to, so you need to back that up first, then reinstate all the user configuration changes in the config/AAGame.ini file after the restart, then restart the server again.

I simply copy/pasted from the backup AAGame.ini to the AAGame.ini after the first server restart:
    • everything above the bAutoDemoRecEnabled= line
    • everything below the DemoRecDir= and above the [IniVersion] section (which is the last section).

It's important you don't replace the [IniVersion] section values.

This all said though, even though there's a DemoRecSpectator in the Admin 'Player List' and the 'REC' button on the scoreboard is showing red, it's not actually producing any files in the 'Demos' folder. This is on a server hosted by gameservers.com. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's come right and is now producing the recordings.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 141Beta Tester
    edited June 25
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?