This is not that America's Army that i used to know 10 years ago.

2»

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Two days ago, I played AA2, AA3 and AAPG all in the same day. I'm not sure you guys clearly remember the differences! I was left with an overview that saw good and not so good in the whole franchise.

AAPG is way too fast to be considered the same game, so there's no sense comparing anymore.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    That's just it, there is no comparing them because they are so different.

There don't have to be hugely obvious differences for 2 or 3 games to be very different in how you actually perceive it while playing. The small things matter, can't say it enough.

Still for myself, having played AA2 so much, it's impossible not to constantly compare and dream of how my perfect AAPG would be in an alternate reality.

I just drop my comments and suggestions once in a while and hope the DEVs see something in them. Can't do more than that.
    I couldn't believe how slow the movement was in AA2 and 3!! :o
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    You mean the animations?

For AA2, animation speed makes alot of the difference. Reload, switch weapon, grab nade, lean... are all slower in AA2. Not necessarily a bad thing imo but many would disagree.

Walking and running speed is just about the same. It looks slower because they seem to take bigger, slower steps. Strafing is faster in AAPG i think. Also no sliding in AA2 so that also slows things down a bit.

But yes it can be shocking to play AA2 after AAPG :D
    Ya, I think you might be right about the run/walk speed but everything else you mentioned....ya.....sluggish by comparison. And trying to get up on stuff? Ugh. Heck....AA3 doesn't even HAVE a <JUMP> action!!!
    ______

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Yes AAPG movement feels like you're Free in comparison to AAO. . Which is good imo, I don't want sluggish slow movements... I want my soldier to respond when I tell him to do something

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015
    AAO actually had zero acceleration. Your player responded faster than in AAPG. This game has a very small acceleration penalty. You can easily see this by hitting A then D over and over in quick succession. AA2 actually is more responsive.

Standard movement speed is also slightly faster in AA2. Sprint speed is faster in PG. In AA2 it just looks slow because as some said, you take what seems to be large floaty steps.

The largest difference is action times. PG is extremely fast, AA2 is more slow and deliberate. The slower actions make a huge difference in game speed.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    edited October 2015
    "GoA wrote:
    z!o[N]cya[;21055"]Feature request: We need the option to set individual round times per map. Not only bdx <> flo.
    *edit* even the load-out could be set individual trough ini's. this would result in a much wider set of gameplay variations.
    Like more than one m24 on Bridge. Does not make any sense to have only one.Though some servers set it to unlimited which doesn't make sense too.
    edited October 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Yes AAPG movement feels like you're Free in comparison to AAO. . Which is good imo, I don't want sluggish slow movements... I want my soldier to respond when I tell him to do something

Well it's not that AA2 doesn't respond to your input. There's just more time in between actions.

The beauty of actions being slower is that it shifts skill away from speed and accuracy.

I'm getting flashbacks from 2 years ago now :) , i'm not going to change anybody's mind. In the end it comes down to gameplay preference.
    "GoA wrote:
    z!o[N]cya[;21055"]Feature request: We need the option to set individual round times per map. Not only bdx <> flo.
    *edit* even the load-out could be set individual trough ini's. this would result in a much wider set of gameplay variations.
    Like more than one m24 on Bridge. Does not make any sense to have only one.Though some servers set it to unlimited which doesn't make sense too.
    The M24 in AAPG is too strong to have 1 on each side of the bridge. It just becomes a sniping competition. M16 ACOG is already too strong tbh.

If you know their sniper is aiming at the right side of the bridge then you might want to avoid that side.

If there is a sniper on all sides then you're screwed and waiting for defense to come to you, which is already 99% of all bridge matches in history anyway lol.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Neither are you bro, you have white hear...
    Waiting for assault to come to you? Isn't that what.........DEFENSE........is? :p
    ______

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    "Skill shifts away from speed and accuracy"...lol...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Rex_(BasilisK)Rex_(BasilisK) Posts: 20Player
    Why is it always has to be compared with a 10 year old version? As far as my opinion is, AAPG is much more realistic with emphasis on CQB encounters while AASF was more on slower gameplay. As far as weapon customization is concerned, I like it here more!
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Waiting for assault to come to you? Isn't that what.........DEFENSE........is? :p
    woops :* fixed it, you know what i mean.