Votekick option

I know this was mentioned before, but I think we need a complete explanation from the devs on how they came to the conclusion that removing the votekick option was a good idea. I'm currently in a game right now that I have been tked for the past 3 rounds because I'm clearly a cheater. I thought there was suppose to be a system to kick people who tk? Or did you guys came up with these systems to get rid of people like me by simply making me fed up with the community? I'm not welcome in private servers because I'm a hacker. I get tked and "abused" 24/7 on voip and you have removed the only option for me to deal with it. Yes I understand that I can get kicked as well but I'm used to that by now. What I'm not used to is getting tked every round and not be able to do anything about it.
ss_4_AliGator...png

Comments

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    3 rounds?

make that 3 full matches every round ,2 hours and 4 tickets later ...
  • -[U|S|A]-SMILEY=)-[U|S|A]-SMILEY=) Posts: 35Player
    edited October 2015
    This is why the ROE system should be the next thing to be worked on in the next release. I recall back in AA2 that people who tked right at spawn were insta-kicked. Once someone hit a certain number of ROE violations [killing civilians/tk/team damage] they were kicked too. I know that in Battlefield (and even in one server I played on this AA release) I got instakilled because some idiot decided to chase my nade like a dog after I said "stand fast, nade going west" and threw it from spawn.
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    I did make another thread on this topic pointing out how retarded it was to remove the vote kicks without having another system to take its place. Retarded doesn't even begin to describe how truly dumb it is.
  • WilburWilbur Posts: 6Player
    Everytime i'm in an official server, there is at least 2 people deliberately team killing. Nothing we can do either.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    I've encountered some team killers and blatant hackers, and we can't do anything to stop them since votekicking is gone.
  • ElementisElementis Posts: 134Player
    Same thing happened to me and some friends the past two nights in a row. I posted screenshots but they were removed and I was warned about name shaming on the forums. :(
  • ElementisElementis Posts: 134Player
    It's not just the team killing that needs addressed. They need to seriously do something about punk buster not working too.
    This is why the ROE system should be the next thing to be worked on in the next release. I recall back in AA2 that people who tked right at spawn were insta-kicked. Once someone hit a certain number of ROE violations [killing civilians/tk/team damage] they were kicked too. I know that in Battlefield (and even in one server I played on this AA release) I got instakilled because some idiot decided to chase my nade like a dog after I said "stand fast, nade going west" and threw it from spawn.
    That's why I don't like the ROE system...Trolls could easily abuse it. Not to mention that accidents happen, like hitting the wrong button.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    ROE was great for obvious reasons, and there was a certain charm knowing someone was sent to Fort Leavinworth to spend a few moments in that tiny jail cell.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Moridin63Moridin63 Posts: 70Player
    Well yeah.. now you can throw a nade and teamkill 4 people and sure, you get killed for it, but it's not like those nades that kill 4 teamates are generally accidental..
    Well yeah.. now you can throw a nade and teamkill 4 people and sure, you get killed for it, but it's not like those nades that kill 4 teamates are generally accidental..
    That extreme, yes, it's very hard to do on accident (though I did kill three team mates with a nade one time, haha; however, it was obviously not at spawn). But if it accumulates over time, it could.

It seems like, if the bar is set too low, it could kick legit people, but if it's too high, it won't do much good. Hence why I think votekicking is better.
    edited October 2015
    Well, you could add a qualifier to votekick.
    IE-you can only votekick someone for team killing if they've done team damage in the last 2 rounds.\
    Edit - and if you tried to votekick someone who hadn't team damaged you wouldn't be able to initiate another votekick during the map.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    Well, you could add a qualifier to votekick.
    IE-you can only votekick someone for team killing if they've done team damage in the last 2 rounds.\
    Edit - and if you tried to votekick someone who hadn't team damaged you wouldn't be able to initiate another votekick during the map.

That sounds like a good start. Could be hard to do though.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Votekicks on Public Servers....

Prudent.jpg
    googley avatar aapg

• C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    edited October 2015
    Please do not bring back the votekick, I have been kicked more times because half the community does not like me and my team than I have seen teamkillers being kicked in my 2800 hours played.
    This is not an exaggeration but actual reality.
    I would much rather have an active admin team available to respond to any incoming abuse reports, reported via a function in the game. Button on the scoreboard perhaps. Which can deal with TOS violators within minutes.
    There are far less cheaters than there are votekick abusers, I have plenty of videos to prove that me and my team are being voted off the moment we enter an official server.
    I am for a trip to Leavensworth and a well tinkered ROE system.
    I am not for self-righteous vigilantes denying me access to officials, filling up spots for clanmembers or any other kind of abuse.
  • destroyadestroya Posts: 1Player
    Son.ek wrote: »
    Please do not bring back the votekick, I have been kicked more times because half the community does not like me and my team

I don't know that the community doesn't like "you" personally, maybe just your pings.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited October 2015
    An "Admin Emergency Deployment" button in the UI sounds like a good idea. (I'd like to be in that office when the siren goes off!)
    googley avatar aapg

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    If this ever happens.. Poor admins who'll have to handle the countless accusations.
    Just had someone in ORD** ... ORD something, last night who was able to throw grenades before the 5-10 second or whatever warmup timer of the round was over.
    So of course the first one he pulled the pin, cooked it while we were all in the inclosed space on watchdog, and it exploded killing the entire team of 9-10 people.
    Second round he did it 1 person survived cause he hid, and after that round pretty much everyone left.
    No votekick is amazing.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    Just had someone in ORD** ... ORD something, last night who was able to throw grenades before the 5-10 second or whatever warmup timer of the round was over.
    So of course the first one he pulled the pin, cooked it while we were all in the inclosed space on watchdog, and it exploded killing the entire team of 9-10 people.
    Second round he did it 1 person survived cause he hid, and after that round pretty much everyone left.
    No votekick is amazing.

Server name and time please.
    http://www.americasarmy.com/support/abuse