Advance Editor only content browser

Hi there,
Tried to open in advance mode, and only the content browser opened! there was no way for me to open a map I was working on. I worked in the basic mode. Any suggestions please

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    Yep, you gotta navigate to the location of your map and load it up manually.. When working with the full editor there is no visual aids as you get on the basic one..

click on file (at the top of the editor screen) then choose open

You should then see your map somewhere in the window that opens (with a .umap at the end) and when double clicking on your map (or click once and choose open), it will then load up in the full editor :)

Once opened you will be able to use that content browser to search for and grab assets to put inside your map.

Tip - Don't mess with 'world info properties' as changing anything within this menu can (especially when you're new to the editor) bork your map. If you started your map and chose your gametype and spawn points and all good things like that in the basic editor, then there's no need to dabble in there any way :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [-PAC-]ICCY2[-PAC-]ICCY2 Posts: 6Player
    thanks
    edited October 2015
    Have fun :)

Sorry I meant ONLY the content browser opened and nothing else, I have use this before, but not only when the content browser opend
    edited October 2015
    Perhaps the content browser has become fullscreen? and is covering the actual editor window? click on the middle toolbar of the content browser, in the upper right corner (next to close) or just close it.. and see if the editor is behind.

e8lixd.jpg

If this is not the problem, you may have to try a few things,

1 - Remove/delete your config files found here..

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

Delete everything inside the 'config' folder.

2 - If above didn’t work.. Re-install it.

yay - B) that did the trick, thanks