Common misconceptions // poorly-understood changes?

SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
What sorts of issues have you guys seen new players hit? What gameplay mechanics aren't intuitive or do players not understand?

Things I've heard recently:
* some players thought you had to have a minimum rank to call votes
* all sorts of things regarding opfor weapons -- that they're unlocks, they've got crazy properties, etc
* confusion on basic gameplay that would be fixed with a run through the training ("How do I revive?")
* confusion on basic gameplay that would NOT necessarily be fixed with a run through the training ("Why bother with zip-ties?")

The goal here is to identify areas where concept communication could be better.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    edited October 2015
    The whole camo/skin/unlock thing could have been made a bit more user friendly imo. Heard a few new players wondering about that kinda stuff and people trying to explain the system and how it works is quite funny.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    Good thread idea!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I heard there is an unlock for a box of chocolates...
    googley avatar aapg

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 375Beta Tester
    MMMMM Chocolates now we're talking!!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited October 2015
    The whole camo/skin/unlock thing could have been made a bit more user friendly imo. Heard a few new players wondering about that kinda stuff and people trying to explain the system and how it works is quite funny.

once you do unlock the weapon skin you want in my case "desert" every new match have to cycle trough the scopes at round start to make the skin appear in game on the m4.
  • Definitely the custom skins needs to be a bit more intuitive.

Some people thought the player camos were unlockable, but really you can do that without unlocking.

Most common issue is players have no idea how to unlock weapon skins. They don't know to look into the forums and read the weapons challenge guide. I think if the weapons skin screen in the menu told you how close you were to unlocking a new skin, that would help a bit.