Bad new things - Beta was better!!

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    2 min rounds? Most time would be waiting, because your dead and because of waiting for round to start.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited October 2015
    Waiting?..waiting is what we do now, however I don't have the patience to wait 3 min before someone comes out of dark room from the attack side.. so as always I'm attacking defense..awesome..

Shorten the round times and you either attack or you lose..simple

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    The gameplay is Attack/Defense, your idea of attack is to sit in one spot for 3 minutes then move slowly... could have done the exact same thing without sitting for a useless 3 minutes.

Sitting in a cornet away from your team is fun..lol.. gotcha

It's not Rambo it's Attacking

My idea of playing is probably more like yours than you may think :mrgreen:

I just know there are people who don't like rushing every round because of a timelimit, and that’s what a shorter time limit will do, they force action to be taken when the team may not want to take that action. For example some maps have areas where there is a sort of standoff between attack/defence that maybe requires more thought than 'lets just run in and see who has the best aim shall we' as most people find a face to face shootout to be a roll of the dice and far more skill prevalent, some want to find a more careful way, essentially outwit their opponent and this sort of thing requires more time.

What you lobby for punishes not only players who maybe enjoy a slower paced game, the new player will also suffer as he is forced to his death.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

I just know there are people who don't like rushing every round because of a timelimit, and that’s what a shorter time limit will do, they force action to be taken when the team may not want to take that action.

yeah they rather sit for 4:30 only THEN to be forced by timelimit.. ahh I see the difference .. such strats.. mind is blown.
    For example some maps have areas where there is a sort of standoff between attack/defence that maybe requires more thought than 'lets just run in and see who has the best aim shall we' as most people find a face to face shootout to be a roll of the dice and far more skill prevalent, some want to find a more careful way, essentially outwit their opponent and this sort of thing requires more time.

You don't outwit someone by waiting for your team to die only then realize you have to make a move, Shorter round times would create quick decisive plays, it would involve more strats and communication between your team. 2 min is plenty of time to setup an attack from multiple angles and move together rather than have 3 guys attack and die, while the others sit back do nothing.
    What you lobby for punishes not only players who maybe enjoy a slower paced game, the new player will also suffer as he is forced to his death.

New players need to learn, you dont learn by sitting in a corner most of the round, you learn by practice/experience from taking part in the action with your team.. not sitting towards the end of the round, the whole team is dead and the new guy is left helplessly clueless, at which point everyone over Voip ride his bum..

You argue against it, but I guarantee you'd all love the gameplay short time rounds would bring! This is what there is a team switch half way through the map.. to experience both game plays.. unfortunately now, people camp both attack and defense, and its beyond boring !!

edited October 2015
    /Thread .. dont argue with you kids >:)

You have to learn how to paddle before you can swim.

The thread is over ..but to add.. this is the reason why comp is so much fun.. matches are played as indented, attack has to attack and defense defends... it's also great becasue of the communication.. the games played as intended and it's great ..the only way to simulate this in pub is to have short round times

You learn more from rushing than camping!! Rush once ..die.. you just learned how far you can go before encounter, where the attack comes from and what to change to win the battle.. what do you possibly learn from sitting 3 min in one spot somewhere in spawn?

edited October 2015
    Thread is over when it gets locked or people stop posting :)

I don't disagree with anything you post Doba, you enjoy the game how you like to enjoy it and I completely respect that and your views.. but in the same breath.. you should maybe also learn to respect how 'others' may like to play the game, no?

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015
    Slow moving isn't the same as sitting around doing nothing. A group of players can move slowly across a map and still accomplish the objectives in a short amount of time. When assault players just sit around the tactic becomes "I'll sit here and hope that defense gets bored out their minds and comes to attack me so that i can be defense now instead." The defending player usually has the advantage, so an assault player who camps tries to make the defensive players impatient so that it they can switch the advantage to their side.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    I fancy that very last word :wink:

Hey, I have no issues with campers while on defense.. but I can't stand those on attack ..to me it's not a tactic it's bad judgement bad player... I'm just trying to help them get better :wink:

Anyway.. I'm just responding to the early posts about raising time limit to 6 min.. LoLiLoL Nooo players will leave servers if they have to watch dem guys camp 5 min

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    We talk about public servers here right?
    We talk about players with different experience and skill levels,
    some old some new players some still exploring the maps and game mechanics.
    Why do you think everyone is playing for 2 years over and over these maps.

What you describe Doba is having a team with some friends behind you using in game or out of game voip to its fullest ,cornering ,flanking enemy's,covering your back to be able to rambo around. This has nothing to do with the average game play of random Joe's on public servers.

If you do join such a public server ALONE and start losing round after round because of time it's a different story.
    The thread is over ..but to add.. this is the reason why comp is so much fun.. matches are played as indented, attack has to attack and defense defends... it's also great becasue of the communication.. the games played as intended and it's great ..the only way to simulate this in pub is to have short round times

This is the thing.. I don't expect to play in a pub and have to adopt a strict comp ruleset nor would I expect if I played in a comp to be playing how I play in a pub.. it's that variety and air of uncertainty about the players playing I enjoy most about the game.. I don't know if i'm about to get sniped from a bush, or ground pounded by a person who just tacticled his way through the whole map for 4 minutes :)

If someone has been sitting behind a crate doing nothing for 4 minutes, then I'm pretty sure the rest of his team will let him know that sort of camping is uncalled for.. and guess what they do, I see it all the time.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    The easiest kills for me come from crouching opponents being "tactical". Everyone has their way of playing the game and I respect that, I am simply stating that me jumping around a corner will 99% of the time lead me to kill my crouching opponent if I suspect somone of being there.

Moments after I'll be getting yelled over the mic for playing recklessly. There's times to play carefully, and there's times where speed and the element of surprise are the most effective gamestyles. And trust me, there's no bigger surprise to a crouching opponent than leaping around a corner and popping them in the knocker.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    I'm just saying shorter round times would create a better game play.. doesn't matter of skill level.. because your gotta agree usually the last ones alive hiding somewhere are the new, and not so skilled...goes to show that tactic doesn't work well for them..

At the end of the day these players are forced by the clock.. id like to see it done earlier than later ..in the end the result is the same... only quicker.

what do you possibly learn from sitting 3 min in one spot somewhere in spawn?

Nobody is advocating 3 mins camp in spawn.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    That's what 6 min rounds encourage... that's what was suggested before my rant lol

That's what 6 min rounds encourage... that's what was suggested before my rant lol

A few noobs do that, just go and kill them ;)
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Another thing to consider is balance.. most maps and missions on AA favor defence, that’s a known fact we can all agree on right? not only are assault often up against a bunch of dug in defenders having to complete a mission or kill the entire team.. but that clock too.

I fear that the game could possibly become even more one sided than it already seems sometimes.. and be in even more favor of defence if rounds were made even shorter. Personally from my POV I'll say this, I enjoy playing a fast paced style.. So in all truth shorter rounds for me wouldn't mean much change, I tend to rush that much I probably would never even notice.. until I was on defence of course, then I would be clock watching waiting for an assault move that HAS to come.

I don't know.. Maybe it's something they tested in beta? :lol: