Relaunch ESL competition

13»

Comments

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited October 2015
    I think I didnt express myself correctly. I didnt mean you dont need to win your 1v1, of course you do.
    But my comment was about inner hospital strategies. And since he is mostly playing 4v4 on that map you only get 1v1 on most flanks.
    In EU its hardly like this, and you should know it as well. People push upper with 2 players or even 3 sometimes. The same goes for chokes etc etc.

By the way, why you guys always argue like this? "you are dead wrong" "you are noob" "you know nothing" etc etc. And by that I dont mean towards me or anything, its the general tone from ppl who play comp
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    Being 'dead wrong' is and idiom and is completely normal, how is this a bad thing?
    "dead wrong
    completely wrong. I'm sorry. I was dead wrong. I didn't have the facts straight."
    well its an idiom to make it sound more dramatic then it is. But I assume you misunderstood my context, because it was about inner hospital strategies.

I played several scrims on inner hospital with aapgversus settings and tested the new time 2:30. I can say this. With smokes gone attack gets only 1 chance to push through. If that push fails the remaining ppl have no time to recover from the situation. It makes the already very defensive map even harder for assault and not balanced IMO.

And since our general aim is to find the right balance for comp (I hope) I think its too short time for a map like Inner hospital
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    I think the difference lies of different play tactics between eu and na.

One being the 5vs5 number. Second being that ppl usually push heavy on one flank while rotating that flank from round to round. Also many good teams also use defensive rushes here.

It's really hardly 1vs1 as you experience from your matches.

I think it would be interesting to scrim you guys. Maybe both sides can learn new tricks

I think you are not reading colts his post well, because he is actually right.

I don't want to blame your less experience in competition, but I do see that less experienced teams on assault generally are afraid to make a move when they have a harder time. And that's where it's going wrong. Good defense players will not peak every time and will only flank as soon as all enemies are reported elsewhere (So people shouldn't blame lucky timing because they've been watching that spot before).

If you on assault refuse to make a move and wait fo like 1 minute, it means you could've as well pushed and used that 1 minute. That's a waste of 1 minute on the clock.

People are inefficient with their time at the moment, that's why they are complaining about roundtimes. If you use the time like you are supposed to, even 2:30 is plenty.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    @bart : I agree that not making a move for 1 minute in assault is waste of time. Even though some teams actually use this to make enemy nervous covering one spot in defense or loose the focus on the spot while staring at it for awhile, so when they do the push they can catch def player off guard.

I am also sure its doable in 2:30 (as we did many times already) but it makes it harder for assault to recover from a failed attempt. Having an extra 30 seconds on that map, could give a good player the possibility to come back vs 2-3 left def players. But when he is on ticking time, he has to rush less careful to run the flag. Thats all I am saying.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited October 2015
    I think I didnt express myself correctly. I didnt mean you dont need to win your 1v1, of course you do.
    But my comment was about inner hospital strategies. And since he is mostly playing 4v4 on that map you only get 1v1 on most flanks.
    In EU its hardly like this, and you should know it as well. People push upper with 2 players or even 3 sometimes. The same goes for chokes etc etc.

By the way, why you guys always argue like this? "you are dead wrong" "you are noob" "you know nothing" etc etc. And by that I dont mean towards me or anything, its the general tone from ppl who play comp

Because I and probably most experienced fps players are fed up with too long of round times. (I don't know how big K!Dz but I guaranteed you if you go into a private server with 8-10 players and play a map like there is only 1minute and half total for round time or even set it to that. It will make you guys much better players. (Will help your ability to think fast, - which is pretty huge in an fps game if you cant think fast you need to improve it this is one way to improve it. You should also gain way better team chemistry from this. Many things could be gained from this.) Also things like shotguns and m14's should not be in competition. Competition should be iron sights only. 1 sniper forced per team (As long as its 5v5). (These are just examples and I don't expect everyone to agree with me or realize why, but this kind of rule changes would only make players better, make an easy game more competitive and also would be way funner IMO.)

I think overall people are just sick and tired of having to explain themselves on why the rules should be like this and like that. Rules, restrictions and limits are there and added for a reason. Most of them will even make you a better player. The experienced competitive FPS players over multiple games know how the rules should be. The inexperienced only played competitive on America's Army or even AAPG is your first time playing competitively should not really be judging rule sets? Now I am not saying this is you, nor do I even know what category you fit but I definitely know you do not have the experience competitively over multiple popular FPS titles like some of us do.

Now that doesn't mean anyone experienced like me should be wanting everything I say above. Like no shotguns, m14's etc...But time and time again it seems to be the inexperienced competitive players disagreeing with certain rule sets even before trying the rule set out.

Yes we may come off as rude sometimes but our goal is not to discourage you from playing or make you mad. Our goal is to make you a better team and have a more competitive competition scene. Which in the end will result in success and fun. If your not sure about a certain new rule like 30 seconds lower time rounds go test it out. Let us know why it didn't work for you. Post video evidence of what is occuring in your practices/matches proving you need more time per round in a match.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Colts, I am not sure if forcing sniper always should be good, the others I agree with.

It's just that this specific rule depends on the map imo.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Siege should be shotgun only. I feel like I should make some tournament with my own rules, people would love it.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,178Player
    edited October 2015
    I don't even play comp but I think you gotta have enough time for at least one rotation if needed, jeezzz..

+1 for shotgun only siege, better for watchers like me too.

Where were you for streams earlier Moderator Necabo Sir?.. I missed your kappa.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Twitch doesn't like me today. Lots of buffering and streams just stopping randomly.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    +1000 Colts.. preach it brah !!

Trust me there is more than enough time to rotate even on Inner.. like he said it takes 30 sec to extract.. it takes roughly 15 sec to each 1v1 encounter.. thats more time than anyone needs.. in fact thats more than enough time to camp some if offense wants to..

As I preached before this also applies to PUB.. because nothing worse then seeing a new player sit and be useless for so long only to be rushed by the clock.. a shorter round simply speeds up clulessness <-- yup its a word now !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Inner usually: nade spam after 20 seconds, then maybe flashes, 30 seconds gone. If you have to wait after that, you are wasting time. West wing can be pushed to their spawn within first minute, dark room can be taken over within one minute, up and over can put pressure within one minute, main can support whenever he want if he got the right fogs.

That's 1:30 left for whatever play and rotate you want to do.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    @-miKey.iNv- was right all along, ironsights would definitely make things more interesting. I think the 1 sniper per team idea could be map specific since it wouldn't make much sense to use it on Crossfire or Siege, but for Inner, Springstreet, Shadowstep, Watchdog it makes plenty of sense and like Colts said, it would be more fun.

If we're willing to test the 2:30 round times idea, this should be given a test as well.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions