Relaunch ESL competition

Comments

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    FFW is the most stupid suggestion I've heard.

Yeah - that would totally be the worst suggestion ever. However in the AAPGversus cup there is penalty points for being late. Same thing can not apply on a ladder. I want to remove all the waiting around, which is exactly what your video posted above represents. If we want to increase the amount of teams playing, then we need to aim towards teams that do not have players like you sitting all day focusing AAPG, but actually use the game at a more casual level. Meaning they have 1 or 2 hours a night on specific days they can play. These are kind of games ladders are aiming towards.

I despise the teams with tardiness habits, it just means that 5 players have to wait for 1 or 2 on the opposite side to be on time, and getting nothing out of it.

An other issue are crashes, I recall some players that always crashed during a match of just 1 hour. How come? they should try to fix these issues during normal playing time. I rarely crash. But it shouldnt be happening during a game.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited October 2015
    I'm better not gonna comment on SSK members focussing all day on AAPG and having no life. Don't want others to feel bad about their discipline and dedication regarding the very important comp scene of AAPG.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    actually, I am not on line a lot, but I can still play those longer matches, because I do not play pub usually.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Liar, you are focussing on AAPG all day.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I agree that there should be some penalty for not showing up on time. If you can't lose points than rounds should be lost..
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited October 2015
    I agree that there should be some penalty for not showing up on time. If you can't lose points than rounds should be lost..

If you don't show up in 15 minutes the other team can report the no show and that team will get penalty points (nothing to do with the ladder points) and that will probably not change, because it's not our decision, it was always like that in ESL.

We will try to play 14 rounds of 2:30 minutes to see if the problem will be solved at least a bit and the rules regarding showing up in time will be applied more seriously than before, to avoid those kind of problems.

http://play.eslgaming.com/new-games/pc/aapg/open/ladder-1on1-objective-europe/

http://play.eslgaming.com/new-games/pc/aapg/open/ladder-5on5-objective-europe/

Both the 1v1 and the 5v5 ladder are active at the moment and everyone is welcome to sign up, we will wait a bit for the next league since we don't want to do it while aapgversus is still running, maybe some quick cups with different format. (give some ideas maybe)

AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    What's the current map pool? For inner or redline 3min rounds would be better choice IMO.
    Shadowstep_EX
    Watchdog_C4
    Siege_C4
    SpringStreet_EX
    InnerHospital_EX
    Breach_EX
    Intercept_C4
    HarborAssault_TH
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    Ok I suppose for all other maps 2:30 is perfectly fine.
    We have also played 1-2 matches with 2:30 on inner, its doable but still a bit short for assault.
    It just makes the already defense favored map even more defense sided.

I do not know if its possible to make round time map based though. :)
    Without smokes teams have to play the map faster anyway, I personally didn't played it yet, let's see how it works
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    maybe do some test scrims before setting the rule? Ladder wont start soon anyways
  • -sVs.rQm^-sVs.rQm^ Posts: 73Player
    Well as far as this goes. There is a new team joining the ESL ladder soon as we want to see how active it is. We are just missing a solid 5th played atm
    maybe do some test scrims before setting the rule? Ladder wont start soon anyways

The ladder is active even now, so if some1 wants to play today for example they can do that
    Don't think 30 sec will matter that much even on inner, saw 1 or 2 matches (believe 1) from aapgversus and I don't think that was an issue
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    So much focus on IH. Adapt to the round timer I would say. 2:30 is enough time.
    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • MetalBestiaMetalBestia Posts: 13Player
    ESL > ALL !!!

WE NEED ESL !!!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited October 2015
    SSKoVie wrote: »

More than enough considering you can extract the flag in less than 30 seconds.

It suppose to be about winning your 1v1's. Not who can out camp who the longest. If it seriously takes you longer than 2 and half minutes to kill your one guy or die to him than you should seek another game.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited October 2015
    SSKoVie wrote: »

More than enough considering you can extract the flag in less than 30 seconds.

It suppose to be about winning your 1v1's. Not who can out camp who the longest. If it seriously takes you longer than 2 and half minutes to kill your one guy or die to him than you should seek another game.

Do not really agree. First you can't really extract in 30 seconds against a good opponent with full team, second you should still have enough time to retake flag if one flank pushing with flag goes down early in game while some other player or players were on another side of the map. by the time you rotate to pick up flag while avoiding enemy who probably started flanking having little over 2min helps. With shorter round time it becomes more luck game.

This of course goes for larger maps like inner. On breach or springstreet it's ofcourse different ball game
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited October 2015
    That's up to your strategy there is a reason why people drop the flag in bamboo. It's not hard. If out of 4 of you none of you win your 1v1's all match you really don't deserve to win anyways. More time is not going to fix that you win a 1v1 you exploit it. Its 4v4 with 4 places to go. that means only 1 player can go each spot on defense, use that to your advantage. If it's 5v5 still basically same thing. 1 min into the match you should have 1-2 people dead every time. If your playing a match or scrim and its 2 mins and your on assault and everyone is still alive on both sides your definitely wasting time camping preying defense will rush you for what ever dumb reason. It's nonsense. It's about who can out smart/out shoot their opponent not who can out camp who the longest. You might find this harsh but its the truth there is a reason it's called competition its meant to be competitive.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

I think the difference lies of different play tactics between eu and na.

One being the 5vs5 number. Second being that ppl usually push heavy on one flank while rotating that flank from round to round. Also many good teams also use defensive rushes here.

It's really hardly 1vs1 as you experience from your matches.

I think it would be interesting to scrim you guys. Maybe both sides can learn new tricks
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    Colts is right. You need to win your 1v1, and you capitalize on your individual wins. You say this is not the same in EU and you are dead wrong.