opt-in 2 feedback

.shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
settings:
the option to mute your game when alt-tabbed does not seem to mute the in-game voip. let's assume this is a bug/oversight.
-
in fact when i alt tabbed between rounds (during the load screen), the game played the ambient sound and everything when the net map loaded up, even though i was in spectate not having picked a team yet... while i was alt tabbed.
-
the yellow compass overlayed on top of the minimap makes it very hard to see which way is which at quick glance. the compass being inside the actual confines of the minimap is going to cause the issue to be even worst. i suggest you pull the compass outside and make it bold with contrast.
-
still lots of bad floating hud elements. please try to remove as much of it as possible and replace with bigger mini-map ( use 50% more screen space and 200% higher bird's eye view so it shows most of the map instead of 1/4 of it at best)
-
the sight bouncing around on the m4 when full auto.... very jarring change. it may actually be a good change. forcing players to burst with the m4. i think it might be in line with the m16.
-
the inner hospital stair change: it is good, but it now causes an imbalance. it takes longer for defense to get upstairs in position to defend against assault rushing blue stairs. also kinda silly the change doesn't attempt to prevent you from standing on the railing so...?
-
the bakery window box change: currently makes that position useless. the box should be extended left and right of window so you can safely get on the box without exposing yourself to death during the climb animation. you should be able to strafe left or right for cover instead of jumping off the box. right now if you jump off the box for cover you then have to climb back on the box which will get you killed.
-
crossfire chair "fix": it's not a fix at all. we are unable to stand behind the west box that lets us see into storage room.
-
crossfire new box in assault spawn where the c4 spawns. is it intentional for the player to be able to climb on that box and then onto the container in front of it? it is very cheap. it allows you to jump and see what defense is doing at the start of the round regarding bottom south stairs.
-
i'll write more after playing more, if i can stomach the bad audio. actually, gotta be honest. i'll probably opt-OUT very soon. the audio is just too bad and not much reason to play further since most of the feedback will be ragging on audio issues... i want to test this with occlusion OFF please. we need a baseline.

Comments

• RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    edited May 2015
    First impressions
    Audio: now i can hear footsteps (good) but gun's sounds remind me 'softair' guns
    Round: flo maps 4 minutes??? Why??? 5 min should be standard for flo maps....
    Tags players now are well displayed
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player

There are zero reasons why you should have 5 minute rounds. Zero.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,159Beta Tester
    I disagree 100%. Time limit should depend on the map. CSAR is set to 7 minutes and plays just fine, [TOS Violation] I've thought about making it 10 minutes. I think if you're playing in shoebox and going John Rambo, I agree. [TOS Violation] 2 minutes are enough. But if you want teamwork and tactical then you need more time.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Everyone plays different , and that's your opinion. Most comp players will want the shorter times, quick rounds.

I did too back in the day of competing. Now, I like strategizing with my team on how to attack area and taking my time doing it. Ninja Style. :D
  • omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    I disagree 100%. Time limit should depend on the map. CSAR is set to 7 minutes and plays just fine, [TOS Violation] I've thought about making it 10 minutes. I think if you're playing in shoebox and going John Rambo, I agree. [TOS Violation] 2 minutes are enough. But if you want teamwork and tactical then you need more time.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Everyone plays different , and that's your opinion. Most comp players will want the shorter times, quick rounds.

I did too back in the day of competing. Now, I like strategizing with my team on how to attack area and taking my time doing it. Ninja Style. :D

I fail to see how longer rounds encourages better teamwork and strategy. Shorter rounds require that communication be concise and accurate. A good team will be able to quickly communicate what they see and immediately act accordingly. Longer rounds removes the necessity of efficient comms and planning.

• 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    easy.mode wrote: »

I fail to see how longer rounds encourages better teamwork and strategy. Shorter rounds require that communication be concise and accurate. A good team will be able to quickly communicate what they see and immediately act accordingly. Longer rounds removes the necessity of efficient comms and planning.

None of those points make sense in pub play. Public play should be able to use strategy without having to be concise / efficient. You can expect a clan or team to have those skills. But a random assortment of players of which only 50% are participating in a strategy, it is reasonable to assume that communication will be slower and less concise. I typically run&gun, but if you want to make any attempt at strategy (especially if the strat needs to change mid match), than a longer round time absolutely encourages better teamwork and strategy.

The only downside is those that don't participate in the strategy or die early have to wait longer. It is also less appealing to new players who want to get into action quickly.
  • omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    edited May 2015
    12ampage wrote: »
    None of those points make sense in pub play. Public play should be able to use strategy without having to be concise / efficient. You can expect a clan or team to have those skills. But a random assortment of players of which only 50% are participating in a strategy, it is reasonable to assume that communication will be slower and less concise. I typically run&gun, but if you want to make any attempt at strategy (especially if the strat needs to change mid match), than a longer round time absolutely encourages better teamwork and strategy.

The only downside is those that don't participate in the strategy or die early have to wait longer. It is also less appealing to new players who want to get into action quickly.

I agree with you and say attempting to strategize/communicate in a 12v12 pub match will just result in frustration and increasing round times will achieve nothing but boring most of the server to death.
  • 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    easy.mode wrote: »
    12ampage wrote: »

I agree with you and say attempting to strategize/communicate in a 12v12 pub match will just result in frustration and increasing round times will achieve nothing but boring most of the server to death.

I agree. Medium to long round times cater to a small subset of players who want to use strategy in public servers. Comp players tend to push for shorter round times because it fits a concise play style. Plus I believe shorter round times are going to appeal to a larger percentage of public players who want to spend time playing and not dead. Which is probably why the developers decided to lower round times on all maps.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    A big assumption happening here is that four minutes isn't enough time to plan a strategy.

I'd love to see the collected data on average round lengths for FLO maps. I suspect the vast majority of rounds end in under four minutes.

The change will mostly just mean the last man standing can't spend a full minute tactical crouch-walking towards the extract and will actually have to move with some urgency. The last minute is always low player count for at least one team, so let's make them make a move.
  • PhilliePhillie Posts: 3Player
    Not sure about NA servers, but there are a few EU servers running shorter time limits on some maps. Even 3 minutes on Inner. It just makes for a different gameplay, which is good, i often seen boring matches that end up with people having to look the few remaining players sitting in opposite corners doing nothing for ages.
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    edited May 2015
    I strongly recommend to keep the current beta(non-optin) soundsystem to be used in the next release. And if possible implementing aa2 audio(or new realistic recorded audio)to aapg will make this game alot better imo.

Also, the scoreboard with the new colors and icons are childisch to me.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I strongly recommend to keep the current beta(non-optin) soundsystem to be used in the next release. And if possible implementing aa2 audio(or new realistic recorded audio)to aapg will make this game alot better imo.

Also, the scoreboard with the new colors and icons are childisch to me.

They are trying to aim for realistic sound...Its failing baaad.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    In regards to nades..

This nade does nothing to me:

http://i.imgur.com/Jpfqfkz.jpg

This nade takes off health:

http://i.imgur.com/EDafCAo.jpg

Not sure if a map issue or a nade issue or what. Those were the exact spots I was standing when the nades went off.

Nades in general are really weird now. I've seen instances where nades land right in front of people and don't kill them, HBK threw a nade on shadow step in to the yellow room next to assault spawn with two people in there and it landed right at one guy's feet, didn't kill him. The guy in the room didn't even know how/why he survived.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    I do not like game play at all in the opt in version 1 or 2.
    - Hitboxes are random
    - Bullet damage is random
    - Sound is still effed up, no footsteps, no distance echo of weapons, grenades 2 feet away have no explosion sound, enemy equip or pin pull sound. Sometimes the sound works sometimes it don't....just randomness everywhere.
    - If you were going to modify the stairwell in Gallery, why not modify north stairs too?
    - Still no VIP mode
    - Recoil is all over the place

I uninstalled after 3 or 4 matches.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    First impressions
    Audio: now i can hear footsteps (good) but gun's sounds remind me 'softair' guns
    -
    Just an additional way to force the players into a more fast-paced play-style. No longevity smoke, short revive-timout and now 4 minute rounds. I can`t understand why the developers are really testing if AA will work well without smoke, but now the agenda seem to get more and more visible.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    You guys act as if maps ever even last 4 minutes, much less 5.

The only map in this game I've seen consistently take 4-5 minutes is Hospital, and that's just because it's poorly designed.
    First impressions
    -
    Just an additional way to force the players into a more fast-paced play-style. No longevity smoke, short revive-timout and now 4 minute rounds. I can`t understand why the developers are really testing if AA will work well without smoke, but now the agenda seem to get more and more visible.

No problem for me, i dont need another cod clone that will surely fail because they have not the power to develop all the 'bells' of cod/csgo......if they continue pushing for a losing fast/pace game i will uninstall it.......they probably will burn another brand, like DICE made with medal of honor and now probably for battlefield

There are zero reasons why you should have 5 minute rounds. Zero.

there are zero reasons that stop you from playing call of duty....
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    Just an additional way to force the players into a more fast-paced play-style. No longevity smoke, short revive-timout and now 4 minute rounds. I can`t understand why the developers are really testing if AA will work well without smoke, but now the agenda seem to get more and more transparent.

But 4 minutes on a map like Bridge is not enough time to cross, even with a good team, let alone in standard play. I know most people don't like Bridge, but some do. Also big Hospital often runs the full 5 minutes without too much camping purely because it is a long distance to get from spawn to the flag (without bamboo jumping), and then from flag room to extraction.
    If you are going to reduce the time limit, why not just remove the objective and turn the game into team deathmatch?

On other things, I don't like the way the Devs have made everything dirty, and seemingly changed most things to be a red-brown colour, as this makes it even more difficult to spot an enemy.
    If the Devs want to reduce time limit, reduce revive timers, and remove spot spamming to speed up game play, do not then make everything the same colour so whilst rushing in, you can't distinguish an enemy from a gutter pipe ;)
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    edited May 2015
    there are zero reasons that stop you from playing call of duty....

Oh ok, you are one of those people. What's stopping you from playing ARMA?

There isn't an official map in this game where a rational argument supporting 5 minute round times could be made. But then again, I suppose if you are one of these people who sit in a bush for 4 minutes before deciding to do something to help your team, then I suppose I'm better off talking to tree.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    But 4 minutes on a map like Bridge is not enough time to cross, even with a good team, let alone in standard play. I know most people don't like Bridge, but some do. Also big Hospital often runs the full 5 minutes without too much camping purely because it is a long distance to get from spawn to the flag (without bamboo jumping), and then from flag room to extraction.
    If you are going to reduce the time limit, why not just remove the objective and turn the game into team deathmatch?

On other things, I don't like the way the Devs have made everything dirty, and seemingly changed most things to be a red-brown colour, as this makes it even more difficult to spot an enemy.
    If the Devs want to reduce time limit, reduce revive timers, and remove spot spamming to speed up game play, do not then make everything the same colour so whilst rushing in, you can't distinguish an enemy from a gutter pipe ;)
    -
    Sorry you must have misinterpreted me. I am one of the hardest slow-paced advocates here in this forum. I agree with you especially in the first part.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !