Be mindfull of new players

JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
Seems to me since full release we have acquired a whole lot of new players to AAPG. Problem being all stats have been reset and we don't know who is new to welcome them and most importantly to be patient with them. I have seen some crazy team kills performed on me last few days and revives at wrong times. Also players being abused because they are not reviving. Some of these players did not even know the key bind for revive they where that new. Yea in ideal world everyone would play the tutorial but in this world some like to jump straight in and see how the game is. A good welcome at this time like I received convinces you to stick around. so if you see some crazy [TOS Violation] going down in your team then give a thought if they may be new and if so give them a welcome and offer some constructive advice <3 <3 <3
Your Choice
  1. How should we treat the Newbie39 votes
    1. Abuse Newbies till they quit for good and let us get on with increasing our kill ratio
      20.51%
    2. Love and tollerance for Newbies so they learn and stick around and populate our servers and clans
      79.49%

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player
    edited October 2015
    That vote was easy :mrgreen:

Well said.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,130Player
    AA players have historically been unforgiving to newbies. Not sure why. I know the whole revive thing adds an extra layer. During opt-in I rarely heard anyone complain about someone not reviving them. Now, I'm hearing it all again.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    That's right! Remember everyone:
    Friendship-is-Magic-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-28564514-1920-1080.png
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited October 2015
    JoGary wrote: »
    Yea in ideal world everyone would play the tutorial but in this world some like to jump straight in and see how the game is.
    That is why training should be compulsory :)
    But for bad players like me even training would do no good :D
  • -[U|S|A]-SMILEY=)-[U|S|A]-SMILEY=) Posts: 35Player
    edited October 2015
    This training is a great idea actully. I recall that people were unable to use a certain weapon (sniper rifle) back in V2.x until they completed the weapons training. However, that did not prohibit them from taking weapon slots which had the respective weapons. Thus in THIS version, I would like to see that you both - have to go through the Q-Course and qualifiers to even select anything OTHER than a regular rifle weapons slot. Training for every gun. Can't use the AR/SAW/DMR/SPR (or even take up that slot) until you have completed the training.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    That's right! Remember everyone:
    Friendship-is-Magic-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-28564514-1920-1080.png

Can we get a nameplate and crosshair color wheel as pretty as that picture?
    googley avatar aapg

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Team stack has reached new levels in the full version, so unfortunately I don't think the good option is doing too well. :D
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited October 2015
    Missing Vote Option - Send the newbie a twenty dollar bill and your favourite Barry Manilow record as profound thanks for playing the game................

:p

Yes. New players matter.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    I don't have the slightest problem with new players. Or even bad players.
    -
    My problem is with people who are completely lacking in common sense.
    -
    Someone just got shot in that spot? Let me revive them so they can get shot again.
    -
    There's 1 minute left in the round and I'm the last one left on assault? Let me just camp and not try to complete the objective or actively search out members of the opposing team.
    -
    Someone just got shot in that spot? Well let me run there too without ADSing or taking any precautions and get shot too.
    -
    jags.gif
    -
    Stuff like that has nothing to do with being new or even bad at the game, that's just, well, to put it kindly, lacking intelligence and or common sense.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited October 2015
    Everything you described points out to unexperienced players.

He tries to help, you get mad
    He gets scared and camps, you get mad
    He doesn't know the map, hence from where he can get shot from, you get mad..

But you have nothing against new or bad players.

*facepalm*
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    SgtScooby wrote: »
    -
    -
    Someone just got shot in that spot? Let me revive them so they can get shot again.
    -
    There's 1 minute left in the round and I'm the last one left on assault? Let me just camp and not try to complete the objective or actively search out members of the opposing team.
    -
    Someone just got shot in that spot? Well let me run there too without ADSing or taking any precautions and get shot too.
    -
    jags.gif
    -
    Stuff like that has nothing to do with being new or even bad at the game, that's just, well, to put it kindly, lacking intelligence and or common sense.

They're actually all related to being new or bad at the game. If you have 1000 hours played and you do this kind of stuff then i'd agree there might be an IQ problem.

Nobody is "good" at everything in their first few games, but everyone is "bad" at something in their first few games.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,130Player
    edited October 2015
    That's why after I can no longer be revived, I just alt+tab out of game and wait until the round ends. Then I don't have to worry about waiting around or getting annoyed at bad players. The Devs adding the ability to hear the game while alt+tabbed out is the greatest thing ever.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    jags.gif
    -

Salty...

Remember, it's just a game. Don't need to bash anyone because of it lol

• RustyhandleRustyhandle Posts: 3Player
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    jags.gif
    -

Salty...

Remember, it's just a game. Don't need to bash anyone because of it lol

Remember, we all were new once. so why bash them. why not try to help them understand the game
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited October 2015
    Yesterday, I had to tell everyone on my team to use the "tactical mode" so enemy would not hear them. They said "Oh, Thanks!" But it does get frustrating at times because they forget to use it.
    googley avatar aapg

• There are a few abusive players out there ... we all make mistakes ... Its a GAME ..... have fun ...agree with what's been said, help new players ... ... and a bit less abuse would be nice !
  • There is a learning curve true. However there is pigheadedness and downright arrogance. When you have lots of veteran players telling you the exact same thing (tactics, what works best, where to watch out for) and you completely ignore it, I have no patience with you. Will I yell? No, that's not me. But will I be willing to help you with support and cover? [TOS Violation] no. Your arrogance has put the rest of us at risk. Everyone will have started learning from some point. However the newbies I find worth taking any time for are those who are willing to learn the game and are receptive to feedback. Want to see if what others say is true? sure, test it out. But if your "tests" fail repeatedly, then to continue is idiotic. This isn't the game type where you spawn repeatedly in the same round. If that was the case, then do whatever you want. But you being alive (even as bait or meat shield) can mean the difference between your team's success or failure.