.Ini tweaks?

SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
Hello AAPG community!
I was wondering if there were any tweaks with this new AAPG update.
If there are , please comment/post in the comments!

Thank you in advance.

Comments

  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Your Configs are located in C://Users/name/My Documents/My Games/America's Army Proving Grounds/AAgame/config

    Open AAEngine.ini and CTRL+F to search for [SystemSettings]

    bUseMaxQualityMode=False Does what it says.
    StaticDecals=False Disable posters, writing on walls other irrelevant items.
    DynamicDecals=False Disable bullet holes or minimizes their existence.
    DynamicShadows=False Disables players and items casting shadows
    LightEnvironmentShadows=False Disables building shadows from sunlight etc
    MotionBlur=False Disables the blur when moving etc
    DepthOfField=False To do with object focus - Pretty sure this is hardcoded to true, but theres no real difference afaik
    AmbientOcclusion=False Something to do with lighting, illumination and shadows, disabling is advised for an FPS gain.
    Bloom=False Disables that over-exaggerated glow around things.
    Distortion=False Disables a minor heatwave type effect on explosions etc.
    FilteredDistortion=False Filters the Shader effect for the above improving the quality.
    DropParticleDistortion=False Something to do with minor animations such as sparks, muzzle etc causing distortion *I think*
    LensFlares=False Disables that halo like effect when looking at the sun etc.
    AllowRadialBlur=False Disables the blur around the scope when aimed in.
    Detailmode=2 Supposedly a lower number [0-2] means lower quality texture clarity, I dont' notice much of a difference ~ leave it at 2

    FPS Capping:
    bSmoothFrameRate=True For those with FPS concerns, the game seems to react in a weird manner to changing this for some reason so remember what your settings were before!
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=0
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate= 60 or 120 - whatever your refresh rate is. (usually 60)
    Note: I have mine set to false as I have stable FPS i'm happy with :)

    Vsync=False Because everybody hates vsync
    A simple explanation of V-Sync can be found here

    Lighting:
    You could turn these off, but I believe you lose visibility due to darker areas and there's minimal FPS increase.
    DynamicLights=False Disable lighting effects such as muzzle flash lighting up walls etc Off for a huge performance increase.
    CompositeDynamicLights=True Assists with dynamic lighting, i'd leave it
    SHSecondaryLighting=True Changing this will produce black guns and terrible aesthetics
    DirectionalLightmaps=True I would leave this FAR FAR alone
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Your Configs are located in C://Users/name/My Documents/My Games/America's Army Proving Grounds/AAgame/config

    Open AAEngine.ini and CTRL+F to search for [SystemSettings]

    bUseMaxQualityMode=False Does what it says.
    StaticDecals=False Disable posters, writing on walls other irrelevant items.
    DynamicDecals=False Disable bullet holes or minimizes their existence.
    DynamicShadows=False Disables players and items casting shadows
    LightEnvironmentShadows=False Disables building shadows from sunlight etc
    MotionBlur=False Disables the blur when moving etc
    DepthOfField=False To do with object focus - Pretty sure this is hardcoded to true, but theres no real difference afaik
    AmbientOcclusion=False Something to do with lighting, illumination and shadows, disabling is advised for an FPS gain.
    Bloom=False Disables that over-exaggerated glow around things.
    Distortion=False Disables a minor heatwave type effect on explosions etc.
    FilteredDistortion=False Filters the Shader effect for the above improving the quality.
    DropParticleDistortion=False Something to do with minor animations such as sparks, muzzle etc causing distortion *I think*
    LensFlares=False Disables that halo like effect when looking at the sun etc.
    AllowRadialBlur=False Disables the blur around the scope when aimed in.
    Detailmode=2 Supposedly a lower number [0-2] means lower quality texture clarity, I dont' notice much of a difference ~ leave it at 2

    FPS Capping:
    bSmoothFrameRate=True For those with FPS concerns, the game seems to react in a weird manner to changing this for some reason so remember what your settings were before!
    MinSmoothedFrameRate=0
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate= 60 or 120 - whatever your refresh rate is. (usually 60)
    Note: I have mine set to false as I have stable FPS i'm happy with :)

    Vsync=False Because everybody hates vsync
    A simple explanation of V-Sync can be found here

    Lighting:
    You could turn these off, but I believe you lose visibility due to darker areas and there's minimal FPS increase.
    DynamicLights=False Disable lighting effects such as muzzle flash lighting up walls etc Off for a huge performance increase.
    CompositeDynamicLights=True Assists with dynamic lighting, i'd leave it
    SHSecondaryLighting=True Changing this will produce black guns and terrible aesthetics
    DirectionalLightmaps=True I would leave this FAR FAR alone

    This doesn't work anymore. (Well, for me at least. My game crashes when I try to run it)
    Also, there is no [SystemSettings] anymore. (I've tried)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    its been a while since Ive looked at it.. but its got to be there somewhere .. open config.ini and search for bUseMaxQualityMode .. then the next and so on..
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
    That was retarded of me, there is another .ini called AASystemSettings.
    Must have overlooked that one :#

    Thanks for the help anyways!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    yeah it always changes a little.. but its gotta be there.. enjoy.. I helped a fellow clan mate go from 20 FPS to 50+ soo good luck
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    One of the best tweaks you can do is just open the console with ` (tilde) and enter this "nameplatecolor 0 200 250" to change friendlies name tags to a nice blue. Or you can try 100 200 250.
    googley avatar aapg


  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    lol that change doesnt help a guy thats getting unplayable FPS
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
    The tweak didn't change much (=IK=Doba=) :/
    Guess I'll have to wait for a patch..
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    there will be no patch.. you have to keep going with the ini.. there is a lot more stuff thats not listed there
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
    I'll look into it, thanks.
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 172Beta Tester
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    there will be no patch.. you have to keep going with the ini.. there is a lot more stuff thats not listed there

    What makes you think there won't be a patch....
  • =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    One of the best tweaks you can do is just open the console with ` (tilde) and enter this "nameplatecolor 0 200 250" to change friendlies name tags to a nice blue. Or you can try 100 200 250.

    nameplatecolor 55 55 255
    enemynameplatecolor 255 55 55

    Come on son.
  • SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
    What, other than the SystemSettings tweak ^, can give an FPS boost?
  • SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the help guys!
  • DumnBichDumnBich Posts: 3Player
    It would be awesome if they allowed us to disable the post processing (SHOW POSTPROCESS) in online mode .

    Its a gain of 20+ fps.
  • JohnWayne203JohnWayne203 Posts: 33Player
    The Beta was great. Just bring it back. The settings and everything worked fine.

    Can the Devs do that please?
    Even in Inner Hospital I am getting slowdowns!!
  • JohnWayne203JohnWayne203 Posts: 33Player
    Taxogger wrote: »
    It would be awesome if they allowed us to disable the post processing (SHOW POSTPROCESS) in online mode .

    Its a gain of 20+ fps.

    Do it!! +1
  • SoSerial_SoSerial_ Posts: 8Player
    Any way to remove the smoke coming out of bullets on impact?
  • SoSerial_ wrote: »
    Any way to remove the smoke coming out of bullets on impact?

    thats where i get my FPS drops haven't found a way to do it yet though
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,099Player
    most ini files are now hard coded
    instead try optimizing your pc.
    best i have found is razer cortex from razerzone
    in cofig for boost tick anything that says update or updater this will optimize your pc for gaming.
Sign In or Register to comment.