Lag issues

Ever since I updated to the release version I suffer huge lag spikes 2-3 seconds to be exact. I play everyday and this surely began today when we moved to the release version.(No Doubt)
I tried renewing my video drivers, I tried checking for malware and viruses, I tried running everything on low settings , I tried updating my audio drivers , nothing seems to work?

Any ideas?

Comments

• iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    same.
  • FunkDoc|ITAFunkDoc|ITA Posts: 1Player
    I've got too much frame rates down! The update need a better optimization... I'm sure that the problem will be solved
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 628Moderator

Please delete the contents of My Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config
  • (Beer_Me)Roach(Beer_Me)Roach Posts: 249Player
    Thanks Hermann , I tried it but still no luck , I'm re-downloading the game now . I don't know what else to do at the moment
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    I have heard others complain about this new found lag. It has also occurred to me once or twice. Usually within the first 10 seconds of a round.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    Unfortunately its all the time , when I run or turn a corner or fire my weapon theres like a 1 second delay. My player just freezes for a split second .
    Nothing has changed on my machine except the new update for the game?
    I did not have this issue with the old version nor did it happen in the opt in version, strange huh?
  • JohnWayne203JohnWayne203 Posts: 33Player
    Yes I have the exact same issue and in Overload it is very severe! To the point where frames at some stages were reduced to .5FPS or under and I usually get around 55-65FPS.

ANZACMonash
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    edited October 2015
    I was having issues with Windows 10 causing my machine to bog down with the game. I originally did an upgrade from Windows 7. I had to do a clean install (reset) of Windows 10 and it works perfectly now.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Well it looks like no one is answering....what did they know they didn't tell us? They are lifting the performance forcing everyone to buy new cards if they haven't got expensive ones already.
    I had to lower everything to absolute minimum and still Overload (Map) is giving me issues.
    I downloaded latest video (Nvidia) drivers.
    What helps is lowering the quality settings to MAX.
    Unless you $300-$400 for a new video card.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    My frames have seemed to drop in this versus the beta, as well.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Havent had any lag you guys speak of ..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    There is a huge fps difference between fullscren<>windowed for me, but overall the game is much more fluid because the annoying fps-spikes are almost gone.
    What kind of video cards and CPUs you guys got?
    I have a 550 Ti. Nvidia.
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 62Beta Tester
    I too haven't experienced lag. I live in Poland with internet speed just above dialup.... I play mostly on servers across the ocean. Ping around 120. FPS over 90 and am using an old AMD 7870 video card. Using OC'ed FX8350 CPU, 16gigs Corsair ram.
    I am not saying I haven't experienced lag, but it was from the server because everyone had it at the same time.
    I have fps on all the time just to see what is going on.
    When there is a hiccup, I'll ask my partner in crime if she experienced it too. IF she does, it's our internet.
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    edited October 2015
    i have an i3-4330, 4 gigs of ram, and a gtx 660, i clock steady 90 fps at 1024x768 resolution with black side bars, super smooth, i bet thats worse then all your rigs

Edit: I optimized my windows 8.1 O/S for performance, and i run Ccleaner before each play

another thing you can try is delete all the ini's in the "documents/mygames/aapg/aagame/config" folder

and re start with all new ini's - this seemed to help with any frame lag i was having at start of rounds
    DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    ^^ yup it is :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ANZACMonashANZACMonash Posts: 26Player
    Thanks Hermann , I tried it but still no luck , I'm re-downloading the game now . I don't know what else to do at the moment

That doesn't work. The people advising this don't understand that the engine has caused this and you need top end hardware (expensive) to run it.
  • ANZACMonashANZACMonash Posts: 26Player
    Ever since I updated to the release version I suffer huge lag spikes 2-3 seconds to be exact. I play everyday and this surely began today when we moved to the release version.(No Doubt)
    I tried renewing my video drivers, I tried checking for malware and viruses, I tried running everything on low settings , I tried updating my audio drivers , nothing seems to work?

Any ideas?

See this, as others are getting the exact same issue, including me: http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3180/overload-massive-lag-and-slowdown#latest