Wanted features for AAPG 1.1

ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
It good to see online servers full of players all playing one unified version of the game. For the opt-in players, not much has changed besides the fixing of some stray bugs. As for the old BETA players, it was entertaining hearing their first impressions on the final product.

With that said, Tots has stated work has began towards AAPG 1.1 (as he put it). Here are some features that the community has mostly agreed would be a good idea, in addition to new maps of course. It just makes sense.

- VIP mode
- A proper medic role
- Fireteams
- Detailed damage-inflicted information on enemies at the end of a round, including headshot info.
* Wild idea: Remove automatic reloads on comp/classic mode.

What are your thoughts?
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    People have pressed those points time and again. I don't think you're going to see any progress there.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    How would you see Fireteams implemented Dragon? In AA they were primarily about weapon loadout (really role limitation, which while different in interface is pretty much the same in spirit with PG, less the fact that PG players get complete control of grenade selection) and spawnpoint. With the big open spawn zone of PG they would have to completely rework that system. Is that something you are looking for? What about loadout changes, what do you imagine?
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester
    As a player, I want a deeper game.

- all 5 points Dragon has, but a medic system that is functional in AAPG which will require a blending of AA3 and AAO/1/2 ideas to work (you may not like it, but AA3 did medic effectively with the med pak system. just don't need the mini game for treatment. it would transfer well into AAPG)
    - enemy spot system that does not follow your pawn
    - better damage model (ie no more BS massive wrist shot kills by an M24).
    - no heath bar = dead pawn. this does not mean you can shoot a downed enemy.. what it means is bleed out timer starts at 10% health bar. incapped/downed pawn starts with 10% health, and bleeds out from there. or can be medic'd to 25%
    - VIP is a good way to introduce female characters to the game
    - innocent bystanders in the combat zone (good way to introduce ROE penalties)
  • Alex09999Alex09999 Posts: 5Player
    -This game needs driveable HMMVS Like in 2.8.5
    --This game needs more exciting Training missions
    ---It needs more weapons like a Javelin
    -It must be more realistic its too call of duty like
    -It needs Helicopters and Tanks
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    .sauce wrote: »
    How would you see Fireteams implemented Dragon? In AA they were primarily about weapon loadout (really role limitation, which while different in interface is pretty much the same in spirit with PG, less the fact that PG players get complete control of grenade selection) and spawnpoint. With the big open spawn zone of PG they would have to completely rework that system. Is that something you are looking for? What about loadout changes, what do you imagine?

It would be a feature that primarily addresses the issue of team organization over loudout selection. On 12v12 FLO maps there's usually one or two guys calling the shots and typically only a few players listen to the plan. With the implementation of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta you are in a sense, assigning a role to each subteam.

In the past I had suggested this go along with a battleplanner for maximum efficiency. However, it was not a popular opinion and others argued you could simply use voip to plan things out. However, simply adding fireteams turns the battle from a 12v12 gun fest, to more organized subteams with a focus in mind. A new subteam voice key could even be added if the devs wanted.

As far as UI, it's up to the art team to create their interpretation of this. I would imagine adding a TAB to the loadout screen would be easiest to implement. As for spawn zones, hopefully in the future, larger maps will have multiple ones that can take advantage of the subteams.

This is just what quickly came to mind. I think most can agree 12v12 could use some better communication. However they achieve that(fireteams or another idea) is up to the dev team.
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player

Jumping in here if you don't mind.

I would go with fixed spawn points. That would also help the DEVs balance things more in detail for the start of the round. (and at the same time get rid of the spawn barrier which i never liked)

More than just changing the interface, it would give you a visual representation of the squad as a whole and make it easier to plan a strategy if one would like to attempt one.

Fireteams would also simply make for a much better oversight of your squad than what AAPG has currently.

Also in case new roles such as the medic, grenadier or new game modes such as VIP will be on the agenda one day, it would be very easy to implement those to an existing fireteam layout interface and maintain the same level of oversight.

TBH i can only see positive things that could come from adding fireteams. I don't see any reasons this shouldn't be added in future updates. Are there issues that fireteams would bring that i'm not seeing?
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    z11z_ wrote: »
    In America's Army 3 there is parental settings. In America's Army: Proving Grounds is none. Bring parental settings to America's Army: Proving Grounds including the mature language filter and password to lock the parental settings.

1) Open the launcher
    2) Log in
    3) Open account settings
    tzskbg85urza.png
    4) Click the parental controls link here
    elgldc4zhs5j.png
    5) Setup the password and options to your liking
    1zvgx6m0nrmy.png
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Give us at least one AI map!
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Give us at least one AI map!

This is a fair request since creating just one AI map would mean they have pieced everything they needed for others to create fully featured UMM AI maps. For those who like that sort of thing.
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015
    I would think the AI is a far way off.

Personally, when it comes to maps I'd like to see a few things:

1. A new Mapping Competition. It's the perfect time to do it.
    2. Doors that are coded into the game (instead of having to use Kismet magic that only somewhat works). It's about time that we get doors.
    3. VIP mode. VIP hospital would give the game a shot in the arm. Mappers would obviously be able to use it as well.
    4. Maps with specific loadout restrictions on grenades, available weapons, sights, etc. Even go as far as allowing the mapper to choose which OpFor weapons drop in relation to each US weapon. If I want to do a classic AAO map, then I should be able to choose M16 w/iron sights (AK105 OpFor) and M249 w/iron sights (RPK OpFor) as the loadouts.
    edited October 2015
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I would think the AI is a far way off.

I think so too, perhaps ~1.2-1.3, unfortunately. But...who knows
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player

It would be a feature that primarily addresses the issue of team organization over loudout selection. On 12v12 FLO maps there's usually one or two guys calling the shots and typically only a few players listen to the plan. With the implementation of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta you are in a sense, assigning a role to each subteam.

In the past I had suggested this go along with a battleplanner for maximum efficiency. However, it was not a popular opinion and others argued you could simply use voip to plan things out. However, simply adding fireteams turns the battle from a 12v12 gun fest, to more organized subteams with a focus in mind. A new subteam voice key could even be added if the devs wanted.

As far as UI, it's up to the art team to create their interpretation of this. I would imagine adding a TAB to the loadout screen would be easiest to implement. As for spawn zones, hopefully in the future, larger maps will have multiple ones that can take advantage of the subteams.

This is just what quickly came to mind. I think most can agree 12v12 could use some better communication. However they achieve that(fireteams or another idea) is up to the dev team.

I like the Tab idea would be easy to move fireteams to the loadout screen and map like aa3 then have a tab set up with the weapon challenges and other misc menu stuff. that way it would be set to automatically come up and you wouldn't have to worry about scrolling through different pages. because well we know the weapon challenges are just for fun and personally i could care less about them.
    @TheTots @DeltaKilo .

You guys mentioned you're immediately working on fixing some persistent bugs, along with the ability to publish maps to the workshop. But, can you give any insights on what you have in mind for 1.1/next major patch?
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited October 2015
    I want bugfixes, lots of those please.
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    Yeah 1.1 needs to iron out the creases to be honest.
  • n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
    - I think it would be good to have a menu were you can see you progress of your weapon challenges.
    - highlighting the playername in scoreboard Im always tired to search for my name
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited October 2015
    Remove the supported position :'(
    Fix the voip, can't turn it off
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited October 2015
    Server filters being saved would be neat.