Weapon Challenge Guide

[Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
With release right around the corner, we want to give everyone additional information on our Weapon Challenge system that is coming out with the release. For those of you playing the opt-in, this system has been extremely work in progress during the entire opt-in period. For those of you still playing the Open Beta, this system may be entirely new to you. I have put together a Steam Guide to better explain and clarify this system, as well as a few other things. You can check the guide out here: Official Weapon Challenge Guide

If you still have questions about the system, please post them in the Comments section of the Steam Guides. That way everyone can find the answers to the questions in the same place and it will be easier for me to take those questions and form an FAQ if need be.

Comments

• Alex09999Alex09999 Posts: 5Player
    sounds interesting
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 62Beta Tester
    Excellent! Now even "I" can understand it!
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i posted in the comments the few errors i found in the guide. cheers.

• -Turrican--Turrican- Posts: 55Player
    I completed the first challenge. At least it said 15/15 kills. But after switching to a new map it was back to 0/15 for that gun. Are these challenges per map?
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    edited October 2015
    It would be nice if the game told you that you needed to complete training in order to get to Level III. I was confused as to why it wouldn't go up anymore.

BTW, Expert should require Silver in the shoot houses and Elite should require Gold in the shoot houses.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    It would be nice if the game told you that you needed to complete training in order to get to Level III. I was confused as to why it wouldn't go up anymore.

BTW, Expert should require Silver in the shoot houses and Elite should require Gold in the shoot houses.
    I haven't done training since the new version released and I've progressed without issue.

I did find that I had to run the shoothouses again after reaching Novice III even though my past runs led the game to display that I'd already fulfilled the bronze coin requirement.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    In game it just showed me as having completed level II and it wouldn't show the next level. I didn't find out until I read this thread that I needed to complete Bronze before getting level III.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Rusher--Rusher- Posts: 8Player
    I completed the M4 Carbine Veteran challenge and I got the holographic but not the camo. I can select the camo for the weapon, But it will not make any effect inside the match.

I tried to reboot the game and logout from my account but that didn't take any effect.

Is there anything that we should enable to get the camo inside the game?
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    I gotta say i've really been enjoying the shoothouse challenges along with @iNvaders`roKis and others.
    However, I can see them getting stale after some weeks. It would be great if you guys did seasonal shoothouses with different layouts every so often.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    I completed the first challenge. At least it said 15/15 kills. But after switching to a new map it was back to 0/15 for that gun. Are these challenges per map?

They are not per-map, but they are per-weapon. If you change your pistol it will show the challenge progress for the currently selected pistol, so look at the top to see what weapon and which challenge for that weapon you are currently working on. I would guess you are seeing 0/15 for a different weapon than the one you completed the first challenge for because only the Novice I challenges require 15 kills.
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    MADkATZ wrote: »
    I completed the M4 Carbine Veteran challenge and I got the holographic but not the camo. I can select the camo for the weapon, But it will not make any effect inside the match.

I tried to reboot the game and logout from my account but that didn't take any effect.

Does it say it is locked when you selected it on the My Soldier screen?
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    Providing a screenshot of your My Soldier screen with the M4 Worn Skin selected would be useful, as would a screenshot of what you are seeing in game with you rM4 equipped.
    DeltaKilo wrote: »
    MADkATZ wrote: »

Does it say it is locked when you selected it on the My Soldier screen?

Nop. It's unlocked and selected as i said. (yes, I completed the challenge)
    I select the camo but nothing happen. When I join the server I see the default camo on the M4 Carbine.

I had the beta installed, and maybe whith the update the camo selected it doesn't make any effect. Don't know...

I have all graphics in the maximum resolution (1080p) with all selected as maximum as possible.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited October 2015
    If you change your scope selection, the M4 will respawn in your character's hands. When it does, do you have your camo applied?

I changed my selected skin, spawned in with the M4, and saw it had the incorrect skin ... until after switching the scope selection. (Swapping weapon choice also fixed it.) It looks like the initial pawn spawn uses a default loadout set that doesn't account for your camo selections.
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    edited October 2015
    Don't rush it Madkatz, I think expert weapon challenge is bugged anyways.

My M4 expert has not been counting kills for the last 3 day, but Hawkeyes and deadeye are complete. Worse part is I'm nearing 900kills with the m4
    Saccho wrote: »
    If you change your scope selection, the M4 will respawn in your character's hands. When it does, do you have your camo applied?

I changed my selected skin, spawned in with the M4, and saw it had the incorrect skin ... until after switching the scope selection. (Swapping weapon choice also fixed it.) It looks like the initial pawn spawn uses a default loadout set that doesn't account for your camo selections.

I tried and didn't work.

underware wrote: »
    Don't rush it Madkatz, I think expert weapon challenge is bugged anyways.

My M4 expert has not been counting kills for the last 3 day, but Hawkeyes and deadeye are complete. Worse part is I'm nearing 900kills with the m4

I tought it was too, but if you read it right, you have to make the 500 kills with the iron sight not with the red dot sight.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Yup iron sights.. mine is working correctly almost done

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    No [TOS Violation]. Lol
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    underware wrote: »
    No [TOS Violation]. Lol

Don't worry it stumped me as well.. for a whole round or two.

I wish there was a harder achievement with a unique skin. Like 20 golden hawkeyes.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions