America's Army: Proving Grounds enters Active Duty OCT 1st

Comments

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    What time tomorrow?

Should I wake up early or not? :blush:
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I don't want to give a firm time tomorrow.
    The plan is tomorrow morning, but some clearing in the database is taking much longer than estimated.
    (Which is why Auth is still down right now)

We are aiming for the "usual" time of 9~10 AM Central. If the database wipe and sever migration isn't as fast as we hope, it could be a little bit later.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,571Player
    ?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    I can literally feel my Hooah getting obliterated :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    I think that a lot of people overlook the fact that AA2 evolved over a period years maybe 10 or so years and it was one of the best games ever . Maybe we all need to be more patient and most importantly more involved to provide solutions rather than negative comments.
    Anyone can go buy a game off the shelf , so I say to all the nay sayers , grow a pair and get involved , if your not part of the solution than you are part of the problem!

Excellent post you man! Well said! :+1:
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Wow central time, you are so late :p Its already Oct 1 morning here :D
  • [BR]-djtal[BR]-djtal Posts: 22Player
    everything is good with that opt-in but u guys really need to do something with that sound,it ruins it all.cant understand why they cant put the old sound system in the new one.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Okay seriously though, not even something on your front page STILL? Launch is tomorrow and this is feeling more and more mickey mouse every passing hour

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Okay seriously though, not even something on your front page STILL? Launch is tomorrow and this is feeling more and more mickey mouse every passing hour

No point in putting something on the site now when the new site goes up tomorrow :)
    Anything we did with it would just be gone in a few hours.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• nK`H20.CmnK`H20.Cm Posts: 1Player
    Will there be a change-log available detailing all the changes made for the current version? :smiley:
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    Let us know what you think of the sound in AAPG 1.0...!

I'm thinkin' they had Soundy chained with a leg iron to his computer desk... :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -=312th=-Atrophied-=312th=-Atrophied Posts: 67Player
    edited October 2015
    "Unoptimized". Why do people throw that word around so easily? We all have different CPU's, different architectures, different GPU's, different ram configurations and disk configurations...etc. It is near IMPOSSIBLE to make any executable, much less a single game, that runs perfectly on every platform. If you play a game and your first thought is "this must be unoptimized" then you have one of three problems: 1. The game just sucks. 2. You tried cranking the settings to ultra on an i3 with 3G of ram and a Radeon X700 or 3. You have a massive amount of background activity on your system. Please stop using this arbitrary term to describe everything that your system isn't up-to-task for.

Thanks.

Also, Nice to finally see the release. Can't wait to see the look on the faces of the people who haven't taken a look at the opt-in yet.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    TheTots wrote: »

No point in putting something on the site now when the new site goes up tomorrow :)
    Anything we did with it would just be gone in a few hours.

Har har forgive me my memory isn't what it used to be. Officially excited!

• one_CheapShotone_CheapShot Posts: 1Player
    Well lets see what you did, well talk later.
    Hopefully going in right direction.

Hooah
    greetz CheapShot
    ian9cxu6.png

• Odin[DK]Odin[DK] Posts: 29Beta Tester
    Foobar wrote: »
    If I'm on the Opt-In do I need to revert back to Open Beta for the Final Release or will it do it automatically?
    Will there be a difference in download size for updating the open beta vs. the opt-in?

You simply "opt-out" the same way you opted in............!
  • KodenKoden Posts: 282Player
    edited October 2015
    Is the user interface still the one from the optin? I had issues with the font scaling badly at most resolutions (i mean, it doesn't look as good as the one in the old beta and letters are less distinguishable). I think ive also noticed some text-on-text overlap, on a few screenshoots (not mine).

Btw plenty of people in the old beta still don't have a clue about what the optin was, and that the game is releasing today, lol. Shouldn't it been wiser to use a launcher popup-styled announcement like yesterday or today? (unless you did and i didnt notice)
    Derob6.jpg
  • .13kiMchi.13kiMchi Posts: 7Player
    .13Flixxer wrote: »
    Sounds like i have to play tonight... might bey last night ingame then

same here
  • SRSLY.D4rku$SRSLY.D4rku$ Posts: 3Player
    When it will be actif (Release version) !?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Soon ... for once I feel like the work will live up to the meaning

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    classic email method still works...

I'm told that only "mature" folks use email anymore (according to my kids).
    what's the meaning of LOL?