America's Army: Proving Grounds enters Active Duty OCT 1st

Comments

• -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 101Player
    Unless you have some major updates to the sound engine. The release will be catastrophic when combined with how un-optimzed this game is. I'd rather hide under the beta tag till the end of the year. First impressions are so important, and people that played previously who come back need to see significant change. Godspeed
  • [SAAC]Xtc[SAAC]Xtc Posts: 31Player
    Great job Dev´s! Really appreciate the hard work you guys have put in to make an awesome game for us!
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited September 2015
    Over 2 years open beta time killed this game before the official release. You will have a really hard time and long long way to bring more players to this game. For now it looks like AA:PG will be a little less fail than AA3.

Good luck but it will be very very very hard.
  • Can we already choose your souncard ingame? I know i keep bugging about it... but for me the lack of that feature would mean a dealbreaker
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Frankly speaking, i'm worried for this launch. We don't know what happened behind the scenes but sadly after the 2 years or so of me following AAPG, i can't really say i have high hopes at this time.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank the DEV's for their hard work and i hope this launch goes well.

Good luck.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 430Player
    edited September 2015
    I get all the concerns. The fact is that someone in the higher ups said, this is the release date. They have to go with that. It likely has something to do with funding or whatever (Oct 1 is 4th Quarter), but that decision has been made. Fortunately, it has been offered a better road to this point that AA3 did, but I still predict it isn't going to go well.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    edited September 2015
    Could have adopted the highly popular development model of the 'Alpha early access' brand, which allows generic shooing off of the haters and then they could call the Oct 1 launch the Beta.. and milk it for another 2 years :lol:

The game is ready, the question is.. are you and thousands others?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    I think all of you haters should request a refund.
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Is the release to be called AA:AD America's Army Active Duty?

I think AAPG has run its course.
    googley avatar aapg

• OK GUYS I THINK YOU ALL MADE YOUR POINTS, BUT WHY THE LACK OF FATE TOWARDS THE GAME WE ALL PLAY THE GAME I FOR A CHANGE RATHER PLAY THIS THAN BF OR COD THIS I LEFT THOSE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS ONE . BUT IF YOU START TALKING TRASH ABOUT WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS THEN IT WONT BE A SUCCESS. SO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING CUZ THEY HAVE WORK SO HARD FOR THIS.

AND I TAKE MY HAT OFF FOR YOU DEVS
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    OK GUYS I THINK YOU ALL MADE YOUR POINTS, BUT WHY THE LACK OF FATE TOWARDS THE GAME WE ALL PLAY THE GAME I FOR A CHANGE RATHER PLAY THIS THAN BF OR COD THIS I LEFT THOSE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS ONE . BUT IF YOU START TALKING TRASH ABOUT WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS THEN IT WONT BE A SUCCESS. SO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING CUZ THEY HAVE WORK SO HARD FOR THIS.

Yes yes, more CAPS Sir, please. We are not in Belarus, we can speak whatever we want.
  • =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Devs for the hard work. Can't wait.

• Looking forward to it! I'll be looking around for these advertisements! Maybe start by posting something on your front page lol

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    OK GUYS I THINK YOU ALL MADE YOUR POINTS, BUT WHY THE LACK OF FATE TOWARDS THE GAME WE ALL PLAY THE GAME I FOR A CHANGE RATHER PLAY THIS THAN BF OR COD THIS I LEFT THOSE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS ONE . BUT IF YOU START TALKING TRASH ABOUT WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS THEN IT WONT BE A SUCCESS. SO PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING CUZ THEY HAVE WORK SO HARD FOR THIS.

Yes yes, more CAPS Sir, please. We are not in Belarus, we can speak whatever we want.

your understanding of free speech is meehh
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    your understanding of understanding is understandable
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • .sauce wrote: »
    your understanding of understanding is understandable

<BOOM>...
    mind blown :)

• .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    Looking forward to it! I'll be looking around for these advertisements! Maybe start by posting something on your front page lol

yes front page would be a good start. I have to say that I'm very surprised that the release date is oct 1st! Having said that, I'm looking forward to the release and hopefully we can get people playing the game again.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    edited September 2015
    Can we expect the linux version (at least serverfiles) for launch?
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 521Beta Tester
    Congrats for this milestone, Devs! I'm crossing my fingers for this game. I guess I know already what I'll do this weekend. :smiley:
    It has problems? It definitely has some.
    Is it fun to play? Absolutely! This is what matters. And I'll play the heck out of it, when I can.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 282Player
    I strongly hope to see at least a decent playerbase in the days/week following the release...which should also be advertised properly on Steam.
    Derob6.jpg