America's Army: Proving Grounds enters Active Duty OCT 1st

191011121315»

Comments

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Does everyone have the same height in the army? Because they do so in the game :D Would be nice if there was a small randomness to it, though I'm sure everyone is against this idea.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,104Player
    Does everyone have the same height in the army? Because they do so in the game :D Would be nice if there was a small randomness to it, though I'm sure everyone is against this idea.

From a mapping stand point it'd be a disaster. Many things are a certain height based on the height of the player. Imagine a wall that's tall enough so a standard guy can see over it. Now this round you get a guy that's shorter, suddenly you can't see over that barrier. Or maybe there's something you can crouch under, but now you have a really tall character and you can't fit underneath it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

From a mapping stand point it'd be a disaster. Many things are a certain height based on the height of the player. Imagine a wall that's tall enough so a standard guy can see over it. Now this round you get a guy that's shorter, suddenly you can't see over that barrier. Or maybe there's something you can crouch under, but now you have a really tall character and you can't fit underneath it.

Yeah I know that is why I said no one would agree :D
  • feldeX^feldeX^ Posts: 59Player
    edited October 2015
    Since Full Release i have random game crashes mostly every round sometimes not for a whole match but i can still play :o , i just see the crashinfo.Some climbing animations are broken.Sometimes i hear not explode my nades or flashes sometime i hear no sound when someone take the flag.At some maps i hear a enemy above me but he´s behind me.Some achievement are not at my profile but i can see them at steam.When i shoot and switch direction and run i have something like rubberbanding.Yesterday i was bugged with a nade in my hand and wasnt able to switch back to my m4.It would be nice to see how much kills/hawkeyes i need to finish the weapon challenge.
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 62Beta Tester
    "n1 wrote:
    DoGo+;20925"]Since Full Release i have random game crashes mostly every round sometimes not for a whole match but i can still play :o , i just see the crashinfo.Some climbing animations are broken.Sometimes i hear not explode my nades or flashes sometime i hear no sound when someone take the flag.At some maps i hear a enemy above me but he´s behind me.Some achievement are not at my profile but i can see them at steam.When i shoot and switch direction and run i have something like rubberbanding.Yesterday i was bugged with a nade in my hand and wasnt able to switch back to my m4.It would be nice to see how much kills/hawkeyes i need to finish the weapon challenge.

Maybe if you were more specific... like what maps, what achievements are not appearing, etc..
    This would help in trying to see what and where is the problem and to get it fixed.

Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • truonetruone Posts: 31Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

Well I like this idea. Will make people act more differently not just go to the same favorite spots all the time. It will change the gameplay in a good way. But maps should be changed then as well, so you will have some good options depending on how tall your character is.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but any chance we'll get crosshairs back on M14 and M24? My life's been saved a few times from noscopes, and having the crosshairs back would help even more. I also don't like the inconsistency. :D
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but any chance we'll get crosshairs back on M14 and M24? My life's been saved a few times from noscopes, and having the crosshairs back would help even more. I also don't like the inconsistency. :D

I don't think so. That's why you have a pistol. Use the M1911 .45 cal.
    googley avatar aapg

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I don't think so. That's why you have a pistol. Use the M1911 .45 cal.
    For sure, but the one-shot capability and the fact it's already up means sometimes it's worth trying for the noscope.
  • BurzurkBurzurk Posts: 4Player
    hooah