America's Army: Proving Grounds enters Active Duty OCT 1st

Comments

• -=HELL=-Blondie-=HELL=-Blondie Posts: 23Player
    i dont know , i just get a headache when im playing the final version, there is too much noise, it suppose to be fun and enjoying, fix the sound plz.
  • -CF-ARMO-CF-ARMO Posts: 5Player
    About time.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    It's funny how many people are commenting in a way giving away they never even touched the opt-in. Well, maybe it's not funny but rather sad..
  • bahamut100bahamut100 Posts: 5Player
    So, my deception is big.
    Sounds are very strange. Gameplay is new, but a little bit different from the beta.

BUllets shoots are strange too...

Need to play more
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 65Beta Tester
    I for the life of me can't figure out have UI affects game play. GAME PLAY. Sound is a work in progress. I also do not understand how people can say it doesn't sound "right", yet go no further in explaining WHY. Sound, along with the rest of the game is a CONTINUAL work in progress, just like any program out there, including your operating system.
    Others have posted how to make it "sound" better, but I guess people would rather complain than try it out to see if it helps.
    Also, sound is dependent on your hardware/software, which was posted a while back too.
    I would like to "hear" lower walking noise when I am in tactical mode. To me, it's a little too loud since I am suppose to be walking as quietly as possible. The apparent sound volume difference between walking normally and tactical does not appear to be great enough to give the impression of being "stealthy". See? A specific suggestion about sound.
    Directional sound (as posted above with west desk in hospital) does need to drop off over distance in this map. Glass windows being broken do sound like they are being broken right next to you as if there is no distance or wall barriers between you and the sound. See? Another one.
    Maybe... just maybe, if people would be a little more specific, it would help in getting things done.
    But I would first adjust my hardware/software to see if I can optimize it first. Report what you are using and your settings, including in game settings to help pinpoint issues.
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • -=HELL=-Blondie-=HELL=-Blondie Posts: 23Player
    my job is to enjoy , and im not !
  • ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
    edited October 2015
    I was on here complaining about sound when opt-in was first released and I played both version for some time before eventually sticking with opt-in. I used graphic equalizers to tone down the gun sound and reduced bass a little too. Now I used to it I can pin point enemy much better than I ever could in beta. My only complaint would be hearing grenade pins getting pulled from half a map away and still find it difficult to judge if it nearby or not. Also as mentioned glass getting broken from afar sounds to close for my liking but overall sound once you get used to is much more directional. After my ears adjusted and I got used to it I am now able to tell if it above and below me. Think this was main reason for changing the sound engine. So I think it a success for me. Stick with it guys, it a big change if you where on beta so it wont sound right for a while. All in all good Job all round.

ps. also if as mentioned previously we could tone down sound own pawn makes when he moves tactically and I would love to go back to old way of knowing when you where in tactical.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    The sounds are good for me....after using the onboard soundcard that seems woking better with AAPG than the ASUS dx...strange but with onboard soundcard the directional sound is very good, miles away form the beta sound.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    The sounds are good for me....after using the onboard soundcard that seems woking better with AAPG than the ASUS dx...strange but with onboard soundcard the directional sound is very good, miles away form the beta sound.

Out of curiosity, which integrated chip is it?
    Derob6.jpg
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015

There are certain settings on the Asus that just make everything sound weird. After playing around with it for a while (and Colts' help), I have pretty good sound now.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    Koden wrote: »

Out of curiosity, which integrated chip is it?

Realtek alc892
  • KnuckleDusterKnuckleDuster Posts: 26Player
    I liked it a lot.

My impressions: 1) better sounds, 2) better textures, 3) recoil added to m249 (people will stop using it), 4) Nice: http://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/2587/maps-played

i will not! :p

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Definitely finding the game a lot more easy now that the full game is out and there are more people.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    Boy, there has been standing room only in some servers!!! :o
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We've seen great growth in concurrent users. At many points in the day it's already double what it was the same time last week, and we've seen steady growth the last 3 days.

The big things will be how long the growth persists and the retention of the players.

It's extremely exciting though. I find myself checking the numbers about 50 times a day right now!

If you guys at home want to get a rough idea of the numbers you can check out steamspy
    http://steamspy.com/app/203290
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Most servers are full now. That's great and all, but the waiting...! :D

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • bahamut100bahamut100 Posts: 5Player
    how gameplay can be so different from beta ? i have impression it's new game. A lot of players leave the game because of it :/
  • ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

There are certain settings on the Asus that just make everything sound weird. After playing around with it for a while (and Colts' help), I have pretty good sound now.

Colt also helped me set up mu Creative Sound Blaster Z card and I happy with it now also. Can pin point enemy better than I could in beta.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    I aint tweaked a single thing from default either with the game itself or on my PC, I play through earbuds, stereo sound, sometimes my gaming earphones and I think with either, it's way better than before, especially now I'm used to it and gave it a chance.

At first I have to admit I was a little "Meh.. What have you guys done!" but once the dust settles and you get over the difference between the versions, give it a good chance then your ears magically adapt and all starts to become clear (and better) :)

The only time sounds give me a problem is if I do something wacky like force 4.1 sound through my logitech speakers by choosing that function on the actual control panel, in which case the game does not sound at all good.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    This is what guns sounds should look.. uh em.. sound like.

googley avatar aapg