America's Army: Proving Grounds enters Active Duty OCT 1st

Comments

• truonetruone Posts: 31Player
    _rage_ wrote: »
    this game was good around 4 releases ago (although basic functionality missing i saw that as a benefit), then it started to get worse and worse, and now .... that.

i had to leave after 15mins and i doubt i'll start this game ever again.

it's completely ruined, it feels now like the cheapest free to play shooter on steam, sorry to say so ...

you lost me, i'll not touch this piece again.

sincerely,
    _rage_

Honestly, I don't even know what to say. Maybe we are playing different games. I bet it still does have some bugs. But so had Beta. One more thing I felt immediately is the absence of immature players. Probably because the game is relatively new and not so many cheats and exploits are widely known. Or maybe they (cheats/exploits) are simply not there anymore. I was getting tired of playing with kids, no offense though, some of them are pretty good players. But I think you got my idea here.
    I really hope to see old players playing the new version soon. Even though I loved the Open Beta, it's time to move on for all of us.
    Also I think that a lot of people are complaining just because all of sudden they are not as good as they thought they were. This game is about tactic and cooperation. And if you don't play smart a slight change of the environment will show it immediately. It's not a Rembo-style shooter.

Just sharing my thoughts with the community. Hooah!

• _rage__rage_ Posts: 2Player
    edited October 2015
    truone wrote: »
    this game was good around 4 releases ago (although basic functionality missing i saw that as a benefit), then it started to get worse and worse, and now .... that.

it's completely ruined, it feels now like the cheapest free to play shooter on steam, sorry to say so ...

sincerely,
    _rage_

Honestly, I don't even know what to say. Maybe we are playing different games. I bet it still does have some bugs. But so had Beta. One more thing I felt immediately is the absence of immature players. Probably because the game is relatively new and not so many cheats and exploits are widely known. Or maybe they (cheats/exploits) are simply not there anymore. I was getting tired of playing with kids, no offense though, some of them are pretty good players. But I think you got my idea here.
    I really hope to see old players playing the new version soon. Even though I loved the Open Beta, it's time to move on for all of us.
    Also I think that a lot of people are complaining just because all of sudden they are not as good as they thought they were. This game is about tactic and cooperation. And if you don't play smart a slight change of the environment will show it immediately. It's not a Rembo-style shooter.

don't get me wrong, i wasn't doing bad the short time i played (4 kills 1 death the last round i played), truone, we played often enough together, so i thought you would remember i was often enough on top of the scoreboard - without cheats - never cheated in online games, never will.

but simply the gameplay, the sounds, everything enraged me so much i had to ragequit.

• -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 65Beta Tester
    I've been playing the game 5 nights a week and sometimes during the day since it was in Alpha. Lots of changes since then. but the differences got smaller and smaller as we got closer to release. Those that say it plays "slow", or like something else, I wonder what version of the game they were playing before the release. To "me" it plays the same as it has always, except for modifications that really didn't change the gaming experience.
    Oh well.....
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player

sincerely,
    _rage_

4 releases ago it was good? how has the game changed in that time? not that much, except for bug fixes.. so not sure what the [TOS Violation] youre talking about.

technically it is the cheapest.. it doesnt get cheaper than free

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    For the couple hrs I played yesterday, personally I didnt get a single bug! not that i care for small bugs, its not what makes or brakes a game for me.... but still not 1 is pretty good.

game felt smooth, people were dropping I had nor did I hear any reg complaints and there were actually NA servers with players to chose from..

no crashes no major issues.. sounds like a decent start

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    The textchat bug which makes you unable to do anything is still there.

That's the only bug i've encountered so far.
    use Voip, problem fixed.. :p

• [BR]-djtal[BR]-djtal Posts: 22Player
    566 players playing this game right now.

#RELEASEHYPE :(

wait a little,it will go down real fast,unfortunatly
    people seem to have unrealistic expectations.

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    use Voip, problem fixed.. :p

On behalf of all my persistent non-voice chatting brothers: no thanks :), never happened and probably never gonna happen. There are 2 types of gamers ever since i started PC gaming many years ago, voice-chatting and typing gamers.

A seemingly small bug like the textchat can be extremely disrupting and annoying and ultimately a dealbreaker for alot of people who first try the game. I don't know why this was ignored for the official full release.

But i am a patient person, so i can wait untill AAPG 1.1 :)
    yes I agree the bug should have been fixed, and I was just kidding with that response.. I guess it wasn't on the priority list as the number of people who only use txt is fairly small.. I couldn't tell you the last time I used txt chat.. AA2 lol

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Yeah seriously lol, I've already said how poor the advertisement for this has been so I wont go there. But can we at least get some changlogs or updates as to what was done? Feel very disconnected here.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I noticed that most the people (that I encountered) complaining about the beta/release version, whether they admit it or not, are doing so because it is different than what they were accustomed to—not that it is bad. I have heard, "It is like playing a new game!" or "now I gotta level up again!" etc etc. They no longer can make the easy "noob" kills and have grown frustrated they have to learn the system (again). That's why you don't see a lot of higher up players or complete freshmen complaining. At least, I haven't!
    The only think people should complain about are bugs, and even so, all games will have bugs. AA:PG isn't the only one to release with bugs still present. At least they aren't ground breaking and the devs care enough to acknowledge the community and the problems. If a bug exists, it is pretty obvious they aren't going to just leave it there.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    edited October 2015
    I liked it a lot.

My impressions: 1) better sounds, 2) better textures, 3) recoil added to m249 (people will stop using it), 4) Nice: http://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/2587/maps-played
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    If you got the scoreboard and can move around but still have the scoreboard. All you need to do is type some more text, and it will disappear.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    I sometimes wonder what the negative people are like in real life.

Okay, actually...no I don't.

The game went through Beta to get the BASICS down - everything functioning and playable. The customer - The Army - wanted certain things done. The design studio has a handle on what it takes to make the game, the team is working well together and people are having FUN with their creation!!

It is my understanding this release is the START of the game. Now it will hopefully get some cool stuff.

Let's aim in front of us and keep moving.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Most complaints I heard from players are the ones you hear... on sound. There are 2 problems; your footstep sounds and gun sounds.

For footsteps, the new release players want their footstep sounds lowered when in tactical mode. There needs to be more distinction on the players end to know when they are in tactical mode than just a notification. Your footstep sounds should drop to 50% on your end. I already know from the opt-in that the enemy can't hear you when in tactical mode but the loudness of your own footsteps makes new players believe they can be heard all across the map. It is confusing and does muddle out some enemy sounds. I hope we can get a fix on this.

For gun sounds, most of us play games with bass and treble maxed out. This gives the new release gun sounds a mushed-distorted effect. To help remove the distortion, I recommend that you flatten bass to Zero and set the treble to Zero or a little higher. For 7.1 headsets, raise your sidetone speakers to the maximum setting (this improves directional sounds and enemy sounds). I had to give out that advice many times in-game yesterday, and most were satisfied. If this works for you then please pass it along.

Nice to see servers full again!
    googley avatar aapg

• truonetruone Posts: 31Player
    truone wrote: »

sincerely,
    _rage_

don't get me wrong, i wasn't doing bad the short time i played (4 kills 1 death the last round i played), truone, we played often enough together, so i thought you would remember i was often enough on top of the scoreboard - without cheats - never cheated in online games, never will.

but simply the gameplay, the sounds, everything enraged me so much i had to ragequit.

Well, you said it yourself - you rage quit! Patience is not a common feature this days. I remember playing AA on a dial-up line. Extreme pings, [TOS Violation] computer. I was getting killed 99% of time. Still loved the game.
  • JungleSheepJungleSheep Posts: 87Player
    All the haters are still going to come back to this game because even with all its 'flaws', it's still better and more fun than all the other paid or unpaid FPS games out there. They wouldn't be playing 100s of hours if they did not find it fun.

• KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    I played for about an hour today...it runs better than the old beta for me, but the amount of 2 seconds freezing, tex chat bug, character bugs, user interface bugs were worrisome...i had fun, but partially ruined because of the above. Sounds is better than the earlier optins but still quite odd. For example, standing in the west wing desk i was able to hear the gallery windows glass breaking as if I WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO IT. Why has it to be like that?
    Derob6.jpg