Cancel Revive.

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
Can we get the ability to cancel a revive from someone who didn't bother to clear the area and is clearly only reviving you to get the points. Hopefully the new point system fixes this. Because right now a revive is worth so much more than anything else so why would they bother clearing the area they don't care if you die they still get the 300 points. I know the new point system fixes the imbalances, but I think a cancel revive button might be a good idea. What does everyone think is this something we need or not?
Cancel Revives!
  1. Do you want to have the ability to cancel a revive from someone?56 votes
    1. Yes: I want to cancel a revive from someone who is reviving me and didn't clear the area first.
      76.79%
    2. No. I want my free 300 revive points!
        1.79%
    3. No. The game does not need this ability/feature.
      21.43%
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



«13456

Comments

  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    Yes, and a point reducement would be nice. But I didn't already suggested it, because I am still not sure how this could be done. Maybe if the revived teammate is getting killed afterwards within 1 second or any other additional parameters. Important would to decrease the abuseability.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

    HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2015
    Rokis offered a current-release option last time this came up in the previous forums.

    setbind k "GBA_Withdraw" (or ESC -> Withdraw)

    Not sure if that's actually the right command, but you get the idea. Hit that and you'll withdraw from the round. Boom, revive opportunity cancelled.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited May 2015
    colt's isn't requesting a withdraw keybind (that would be helpful instead of going to the options menu)... withdraw completely removes your ability to accept revives later from good teammates.
    -
    1. he's talking about the ability to temporarily disable permission. to say "no, go clear the area first, soldier!" and not just be purely ignored...
    -
    would be righteously useful if we could hold down or toggle a button and it would disallow/block everyone from reviving you until you feel the area is safe. because using voip to inform the person that the area is not safe and please do not revive you til clearing the area, etc just doesn't always seem to work, because language barriers and possibly people playing this game with no sound at all??
    -
    you could even add a hud element with a "no" sign to indicate the player is not going to willingly accept your revive... preferably in the 2d minimap, not a floating hud element)
    -
    2. maybe we could get a permission list on the scoreboard of who we will accept revives from (default to accept from everyone), like the voip mute list. it sounds silly (is really sad honestly) that a feature like this could really come in handy. it could be used to inform the team which member is incorrectly reviving players in unsafe manner, and get the entire team to block that player from doing it, in hopes that player will change his game behavior. if i were to be revived by someone after i told them not to, i'd definitely get on voip with the rest of the team and we'd open the scoreboard and make sure he couldn't do it to ANY of us again...
    -
    if not a system like voip mute, you could make a vote option where the team decides to disable a certain player from access to revive anyone for 10 minutes or something... sad we have to consider these kind of solutions to bad behavior.


  • +1, on this idea,: -colts.iog


  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I know i can withdraw but that also takes 3 seconds and I would be no further because I would still get the death. Because by the time it takes to withdraw I will already be revived. Withdraw is good if I dont want to be revived at all and I just do it as soon as I die.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • SithHunterSithHunter Posts: 109Player
    Cancel revive feature wouldn't be useful enough after release to implement (because of revive timer which will probably make the first revive you can get the only one possible during round).
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    SithHunter wrote: »
    Cancel revive feature wouldn't be useful enough after release to implement (because of revive timer which will probably make the first revive you can get the only one possible during round).

    I think most of us here would rather be down the entire round than be picked up and immediately killed again.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    What do you all think about the guy who heals you not getting the points if you don't survive a certain amount of time? Heck...he could even get MORE points if by picking you up, you get more kills or whatever and help the team out because of his actions.

    ?
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Revive timer doesn't fix this. I don't know how you think it does. It's still possible to get revived into a instant death if your on a revive timer. Maybe you just need to play tommos opt-in to see for yourself. :wink:
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited May 2015
    SithHunter wrote: »
    Cancel revive feature wouldn't be useful enough after release to implement (because of revive timer which will probably make the first revive you can get the only one possible during round).
    Yes this could be true sometimes, that is why I mentioned a reduced amount of score points for failed revives, even if I still hoping that the timeout will be server-sided adjustable, because the timer itself is a good idea.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

    HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,135Player
    I like the idea of pressing a button and having it allow or disallow a revive. It's also helpful if you just want your player to bleed out instead of getting revived without having to press withdraw.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    edited May 2015
    We've all seen this and I TOTALLY understand the points being made but....

    I'd rather see a way to educate players and reward teammates for successfully getting you back into action than a system that basically says, "I'd rather die than be helped."

    That ain't the Army way!

    :)

    Let's face it. Most players that revive you into the path of a bullet, also die in the encounter. Let's make it better!
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    We've all seen this and I TOTALLY understand the points being made but....

    I'd rather see a way to educate players and reward teammates for successfully getting you back into action than a system that basically says, "I'd rather die than be helped."

    That ain't the Army way!



    Let's face it. Most players that revive you into the path of a bullet, also die in the encounter. Let's make it better!
    How about a system that display a message "No, Don't revive me, CLEAR THE AREA FIRST!!!" kk.

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    We've suggested a cooperative medic system before, the best method that I see would be the player comes over to revive someone and that someone has a second to respond by pressing a button otherwise the revive is cancelled. Instant team work, and problem solved.
    If you feel its dangerous to be revived at the moment simply dont press that accept button.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    Ya....but the guy has already been sucked into a dangerous area...!
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    We've suggested a cooperative medic system before, the best method that I see would be the player comes over to revive someone and that someone has a second to respond by pressing a button otherwise the revive is cancelled. Instant team work, and problem solved.
    If you feel its dangerous to be revived at the moment simply don't press that accept button.
    This but put a message like mine on it when you say deny revive, to help the new players understand why!

    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Ya....but the guy has already been sucked into a dangerous area...!

    If its a dangerous spot and he hasn't been shot yet, then its probably ok .. most of the time the problem is the dead person is in the open but the healer is not
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    I'd like to see the last stage of training changed to tell the player to cover the teammate with a fog after ID-ing where the enemy is, and the drill Sargeant dude talking the guy through it....then....make training mandatory!
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    Let's face it. You guys are already yelling not to heal into your mics. Did ANYONE read my points suggestions?
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited May 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    We've suggested a cooperative medic system before, the best method that I see would be the player comes over to revive someone and that someone has a second to respond by pressing a button otherwise the revive is cancelled. Instant team work, and problem solved.
    If you feel its dangerous to be revived at the moment simply don't press that accept button.
    This but put a message like mine on it when you say deny revive, to help the new players understand why!
    This sounds good to me.

    I'd also love to see these kind of gameplay guidelines in a mandatory training/tutorial or whatever you wanne call it. Some people are against mandatory training because it's annoying if you already know all that stuff but it's a great way to teach total newcomers what will happen when they're in-game with other, very impatient, players. :)

    You would only have to do it once, i doubt anyone will uninstall the second they see they need to do a training first.
Sign In or Register to comment.