More mission objects?

Is there any place to get more items then what comes in the basic editor?
One day I will graduate noob school!!!
-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    You can access all the assets in the full editor

572dynznkz9w.png
    Capture.PNG 444.2K
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2015
    If your not very confident in using the full editor, another tip is you can take what assets you want out of the content browser within the full editor, drag and drop whatever you want into your map, then save it.. You can then re-open your map in the basic editor and all the things you added will then be able to be worked with :)

That’s how I started but pretty quick I found I was too restricted and wanted more and more, so learned (and am still learning :) ) how to use the full editor.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Ah ok cool, yes I am not quite ready to play with the full editor, it's a little intimidating lol... But I am happy to know I can get some items there and re open in the basic editor...

Thanks Guys!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,149Player
    edited September 2015
    I like to start in the basic editor just to get a landscape and stuff (because I'm bad with that) and then I work exclusively in the full editor. It's actually not too difficult to use at a basic level. I guess once you start getting more advanced it's a bit more confusing. However, I don't think you really even need to have knowledge of Kismet or whatever else to design a pretty good level.

Obviously if you want to start importing textures, models, and things of that nature, you'll need to know more. However, I think there are enough assets that are built into the game that you can easily create a good amount of variety in your map.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I like to start in the basic editor just to get a landscape and stuff (because I'm bad with that) and then I work exclusively in the full editor. It's actually not too difficult to use at a basic level. I guess once you start getting more advanced it's a bit more confusing. However, I don't think you really even need to have knowledge of Kismet or whatever else to design a pretty good level.

Obviously if you want to start importing textures, models, and things of that nature, you'll need to know more. However, I think there are enough assets that are built into the game that you can easily create a good amount of variety in your map.

Yep, that’s the best way to start out for sure.. grab a template and gametype from basic, open her up in the full and have at it :)

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited September 2015
    How do I import assets to the full editor?
    I use Blender to model assets, which exports many 3d formats.
    I dont understand anything about making levels though :tired_face:
    Never mind :p Delete my comment
    Ok I opened a basic map, just one building very basic, into the full, but I do not see any assets, is there a tutorial for the full editor, maybe a full editor for dummies lol? I am not ashamed I'm just a newb!! :-)
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

edited September 2015
    The assets can be found in the Content Browser, anything and everything you want to add can be loaded and taken from there, most assets are inside packages and have to be loaded (unpacked) before you can use them.

I might suggest you start from the beginning as did most of us.. and be ready to spend a few days watching various Youtube tutorials :) most all of what you can do in a base version of UDK can be done for AAPG and then some as AAPG has a tonne of assets you can use. The only limit is your patience to learn and imagination to create.

It's important to learn all the things you don't even think you need to learn, because at some point in time, you will need to know what it was you didn’t learn :lol:

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    I also have some tutorials that are AAPG specific. Just click the link below my sig, and go to the tutorial tab.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    I also have some tutorials that are AAPG specific. Just click the link below my sig, and go to the tutorial tab.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,155Beta Tester
    Hey thanks for the video, and the link to others wow ok now it's time to have fun..

But looks like the Final just rolled out so Ill be busy for a few min lol!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!