New Opt-In Build for September 18

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
edited September 2015 in News & Announcements
You can click here to view the news post

Weapon Challenges
  • Weapon challenges are now updating as you play on the Load-out screen.
  • Unlocked optics will appear as an option in the Loadout screen. Unlocked weapon skins may be selected on the My Soldier screen though there is not yet any indication which are locked or unlocked.
  • There is no in-game notification a challenge has been completed; this is in the works.

End of Match Voting
  • A voting widget has been added to the end of match AAR. Players may vote to replay the current map, play the next map in rotation or the next map after that. Ties result in the next map being played.
  • It is still in progress and has some cosmetic issues.

Misc. Fixes & Changes
  • Bleedout icons vanish when sighting up
  • Tactical indicator and your bleedout icon moved to the lower right corner (note these do not yet work with HUD scaling)
  • Shotgun damage drop-off tweaked; it is more effective a few meters further than before
  • Fix for some extract objectives not playing their drop & pickup sounds
  • Custom animations added to main menu characters
  • Added a server setting, bOnlyAllowAutoPick, which only allow auto join at the team select screen
  • Adding servers to the favorites list once again works
  • Various small environmental fixes for several maps
  • Numerous UI/HUD polish items
  • Players should no longer see the spectate HUD post-revive
  • Objective interaction should now have priority over revive, secure and other actions
  • Fix for C4 mesh not appearing correctly when carried by an enemy
  • Demorec is no longer listed as a spectator and the demorec icon on the scoreboard now works
  • Version number is on the scoreboard
  • Withdraw no longer does anything if you cannot be revived
  • C4 highlight no longer appears when blocked by a solid object
  • All optics and the CZ-2 pistol are unlocked by default for LAN games
  • Fixed several obscure client and server crashes
  • Fixed an issue where some inputs would close the admin message early
  • Fixed a rogue vert on the enemy sniper mesh
  • Cleaned up client log spam
  • Fixed various typos and text errors
  • Punkbuster debug messages off by default

How do I participate?
  1. Right-click on the “America’s Army: Proving Grounds Beta” game in your Steam Library
  2. Select “Properties”
  3. Select the “BETAS” tab
  4. Click the drop down where you select the beta you would like to opt into and select “test – Pre-release test version″
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    edited September 2015
    You said early next week! haha.. good one!

Loving the zoom function on My soldier weapon loadouts, I hadn't really took much notice of how detailed the weapon models were before now.. WOW gj on them!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    V99999999 on the scoreboard.
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    m24 shoothouse is unplayable, both friends and enemys are totally black, I can barely see them in the first part.
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    edited September 2015
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    m24 shoothouse is unplayable, both friends and enemys are totally black, I can barely see them in the first part.

Enable Dynamic Lighting in the video settings and see if it looks better.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited September 2015
    I was wondering why in da heck I was getting a 3.9GB update on an opt-in.... now I know. I guess I have to read the forums more often.

I thought Steam was forcing me to revert back to Beta for a moment. :s

Thanks for moving the Tactical notification and the Medic icon to the lower right!

Enable Dynamic Lighting in the video settings and see if it looks better.
    Thx
  • No new maps, no UMMs and open beta still downloads by default. Time to restart the clock and wait patiently for some good news.
    edited September 2015
    Speaking of new maps, any news about the 2 maps in early stage we tried a couple of opt-in ago?
    edited September 2015
    Speaking of new maps, any news about the 2 maps in early stage we tried a couple of opt-in ago?

They be saving all the good stuff for launch.. You watch.. Callin it cuz I'm kinda feelin it in me bones :mrgreen:

Edit - Great update I feel so far, I can see it all starting to take some shape and I enjoyed the games on it a little earlier too, so thanks! :)

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,422Player
    It just gets better and better nice one Dev's :) Hooah.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    Thanks for the update. Hoping UMM comes soon.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Objective interaction should now have priority over revive, secure and other actions
    Will this be applied to takedowns, too? I like using the interact key for takedowns (I always do, in fact), and I've had it twice where it's made me secure an enemy when I could have choked someone...
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I am glad with the new version but the timing was a bit off for us. Shortly before weekend on friday (In europe around 6-7pm) we were stuck with updated client version but server hoster support being not available. For opt-in we still do not have manual update in client UI. So now waiting until monday to get servers back online.

• [WK]Thor[WK]Thor Posts: 2Player
    edited September 2015
    Update failed. Server not available :|

Status in Steam is "classifiable" (in german "eingereiht")
  • feldeX^feldeX^ Posts: 59Player
    Its still horrible to see player with the m249 run/move with the same speed like player with the m4,i mean the m249 have 2x weight of a m4+ a ton of ammunition.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited September 2015
    I think you should worry more about the fact that you can still use M249 like sniper on long range.
    I'd be interested in knowing the difference in usage numbers (popularity) of M249 in opt-in.

• feldeX^feldeX^ Posts: 59Player
    edited September 2015
    You can snipe with every weapon even Pistol if you and the enemy not move.@Uni, the popularity compared to both versions have noch influence on the weaponbehavior
    I just don't think it gets picked half as much as it once did, I always see at least one empty slot for the SAW..

Anyways.. I'm thankful they addressed the shotgun a little, that thing was about to become extinct it was that much of a bad weapon choice, at least now I can kill with it rather than just tickle :mrgreen: