Hospital song

C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
I am looking for the Hospital song that's played in the waiting room, where can I find this?
Not sure if I need to extract it from a gamefile and if this is even allowed.

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I'll check with Soundy
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    HAHA - that song is soo relaxing :)
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I think it was created by the Foo Fighters.
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,183Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    I think it was created by the Foo Fighters.

You sure it wasn't Metallica? :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    I wake up with that tune in my head, which is rather concerning...
  • Goodvibe wrote: »
    I wake up with that tune in my head, which is rather concerning...

... it would be worse if it was the meow-mix commercial theme song or Gilligan's Island....

just sayin' :)

I heard the sound Devs actually ripped it from their office elevator.
    googley avatar aapg

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    Queensryche reference

In the medic training in the hospital, there is a reference from Queensryche's album Operation: Mindcrime. Listen to the doctors being paged. You will hear "Dr. Davis, telephone please. Dr. Davis, telephone please." then you will hear "Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamiliton". You can hear these exact same pages in the first and last tracks of Operation: Mindcrime, when the character the album is about, Nikki, is in the hospital under observation by authorities. This album was released in 1988.

Source
    Queensryche reference

In the medic training in the hospital, there is a reference from Queensryche's album Operation: Mindcrime. Listen to the doctors being paged. You will hear "Dr. Davis, telephone please. Dr. Davis, telephone please." then you will hear "Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair, Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamiliton". You can hear these exact same pages in the first and last tracks of Operation: Mindcrime, when the character the album is about, Nikki, is in the hospital under observation by authorities. This album was released in 1988.

Source

Nice! took me a while..

Got me at Dr. Davis.. Dr. Davis :lol:

LOL :lol:

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Sorry I don't have this for you yet. Soundy has been really busy and I haven't been able to get it from him.

I haven't forgotten though.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Both the tracks can be listened to through the "classic" version of the full editor if you're so inclined. Browse to \SteamApps\common\America's Army (archive ver)\AAPG\AAGame\CookedPC\Sounds\S_Amb_Loop_2.upk, you'll find them in there. They're titled something like Office_Elevator_2_MN_LP. Extracting them is left as an exercise for the reader.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    edited September 2015
    I found this in a forum
    Dr. Davis, Dr. Blair, Dr. J. Hamilton
    -
    If there's already a slight smile creeping across your face, it's highly likely that you've heard these three doctors names being paged on televison on more than one occasion. There has to be some kind of industry 'inside joke' going on that we, the viewing public, are not privy to. Because, for as long as I can remember, whenever there's a hospital scene in ANY given television show, or made-for-television movie, ONE specific looped track plays in the background, without fail. It's not loud enough to be obtrusive, but not low enough to elude detection. A female voice calls over the intercom, seeking to locate three doctors; a Dr. Davis, a Dr. Blair and a Dr. J. Hamilton. The exact line reads as, "Telephone please, Dr. Davis, telephone, please. Dr. Blair, Dr. Blair. Dr. J. Hamilton, Dr. J. Hamiltion"
    -
    This generic loop appears, NOT in SOME TV programs, but in EVERY single one that I can remember (especially soaps), dating all the way back to 1988, the year I graduated H.S....And, the reason that I can trace this phenomenon back to that specific year is because Queensryche's landmark, progressive-metal, masterpiece album, 'Operation: Mindcrime' was delivered that year. This album (that every self-respecting Prog fan should own) opens in a hospital setting. Before the 'Anarchy-X' overture begins and kicks off this masterful concept piece, the above referenced intercom requests are made....Now, I know that I became conscious of the ubiquitous nature of this 'sound effect' due to my appreciation of this specific album, but I'm sure that others have also noticed this phenomena just because of its ridiculous overusage in ALL visual media....
    -
    First question is: Are you aware of what I'm referencing here? Have you also noticed this standard voice loop being used whenever a hospital scene is called for. The second question is: Do you know what the history of this phenomena is? Is there just one single 'sound effects' reel that every single production company in Hollywood uses over and over again for the last twenty years, at least? Why the same intercom loop? Are they taking the viewing public as fools, or is this some kind of 'inside joke'?

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?43859-Dr-Davis-Dr-Blair-Dr-J-Hamilton&s=97156f0849e820b5477c42a63ab721c9
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    I often hear this in Hospital...

googley avatar aapg

edited September 2015
    This all reminds me of a common thing I hear in cop shows all the time, I've heard this in Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Prison Break.. The Wire and even in a lot of generic TV shows I've happened upon and not caught the name of or remebered, but they all seem to use this same soundbyte in background noise..

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/that-police-dispatch-noise-you-know-that-one-429586/

It's the "5 george K" part that particularly sticks out to me, and that’s generally how I came to think that all TV shows potentially use the same assets. I've even heard it on GTA on the police radio when you jump in a cop car :lol:

Seems that most producers in showbiz look for something that’s already there, rather than make their own :)

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,575Beta Tester
    ...like every outdoor UMM has the same birds chirping...?

:)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.