unable to launch game

.shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
edited September 2015 in Game Support
so as i try to come back to play this game (open beta), it seems to not want to launch. it started out only 1/2 the time would fail, but now it's about 100% failure to launch.
-
i click the shortcut in steam library, or steam store page, or the shortcut on desktop, or the aalauncher exe in my steam folder...
-
the result is the launcher pops up on screen, starts trying to authenticate, but quickly disappears. instead of the launcher becoming fully operational it just disappears and instead, steam then throws a blank popup window at me (like the size you normally get to show steam sales when you first start steam). this one is blank and just says "steam - update news"
-
i tried verifying game files on steam game properties. i tried reinstalling completely. my steam is up to date too.. my drivers up to date. my os up to date.... pb install says is good.
-
is this a common issue? thinking maybe the next step is to reinstall steam?

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2015
    Have you tried removing Proving Grounds folder in documents?

Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds

after removal.. relaunch and the game will make new ones. you gonna lose any binds or configs though.. and will have to set it all back up.

people having problems launching the game is quite common, your probably like me and think something like this won't ever happen to you because you know what your doing :lol: trouble is it don't always work like that. I can't count the amount of issues I've had over time between both the game and the editor in terms of something going wrong and I'm stumped on a fix :lol:

Part reason why I'm such a troll haha! on top of that.. Who's going to kill me, if people can't run the game? we need all these dudes!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    tried that. didn't help all that much.
    -
    can i still add /skipintrovideo to steam game properties launch options? or does that cause this issue?

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2015
    I use /skipintrovideo and the game works.. though I still see the intro video :lol:

Man.. I was hoping for good news, especially since you've already done everything else I'd have suggested to try and fix it :(

Got problems on any other games? or has anything changed on your PC since AAPG last worked? Perhaps it is a Steam issue also iirc the launcher is dependent on internet explorer to function right, even windows media player (i think?) so maybe it could be something along those lines?

This is ideally where you need someone who has had your issue and fixed it to pop up like an all powerful genie, preferably before my generic responses start getting on your nerves :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.