AAO-Daily

-sVs.rQm^-sVs.rQm^ Posts: 73Player
I was wondering what happens to AAO-Daily? Is there a chance its coming back ? Would you guys love to have it back ?

Comments

• -sVs.rQm^-sVs.rQm^ Posts: 73Player
    Maybe we can figure something out and combine NA and EU some how?
  • 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    I have considered starting up AACommand again for the full release. Just trying to evaluate how much it would be used, it takes a lot of time to not only set something like that up but also keep it running and active. Right now the comp scene is so small it is hard to gauge what it will be like 6 months from now. If anyone in this thread is interested in contributing to such an effort, shoot me a PM and i'll see if there is enough interest to validate the work.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    I'll try to get in touch with daily admin.
    SSKbart wrote: »
    I'll try to get in touch with daily admin.

I kinda want to start it back up again like i did with AA2. It was kind of a succes back then. So I dont mind putting in my time and effort into it. Just need a few people standing me by with some stuff thats all ;)
  • i9.xtopherusi9.xtopherus Posts: 19Player
    edited May 2015
    Word on the street is, a remake of the gotfrag site is under way. gotfrag.us

How is that going to benefit the eu part of the game?

idk, maybe they can make a eu section

• 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    Honestly it doesn't matter what community it is. Whether it is gotfrag, aao daily, or something else. In the end the community has to volunteer its time to run it, and not just a few people. The community is really small right now. That is why we've seen so many league sites, aao daily, and related pop up and then disappear. They all relied on a couple dedicated people. When those people step away the community dies.

As everyone else has mentioned, combining eu/na is a must. The game can't support 2 different communities in its current state.
    I've poked one of the old admins of daily (I can also access the admin panel but I have no knowledge whatsoever except for writing articles so I can't do it), and asked him if he could at least restore something or rebuild it.
    SSKbart wrote: »
    I've poked one of the old admins of daily (I can also access the admin panel but I have no knowledge whatsoever except for writing articles so I can't do it), and asked him if he could at least restore something or rebuild it.

Why do that when gotfrag is being build
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited May 2015
    AAO-Daily was a big part of AA2 competitive community. It used to be a very famous website. I think it should be brought back to life, if it is possible.
    AAO-Daily was a big part of AA2 competitive community. It used to be a very famous website. I think it should be brought back to life, if it is possible.
    Bart hit me up on steam and indeed AAO daily has been there for age's. I brought it back with AA2 as well until the end of the competition and i am willing to put my effort and time into for this game aswell gotfrag is also an option wich can be looked into and i will look into it with the right people. I first need to have some basic stuff and if i could get the complete website like it was with acces to change stuff around or post things that would help me for a starter. All the rest can be sorted over the weekend. Website , Teamspeak , Gameserver etc etc etc if its really needed. I did it before and i am willing to do it again.
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player

scrolling through their twitter it appears they were solely uploading for EU competition.. I'm assuming that would change ? as for the aa2 thing I only remember gotfrag.. could be because aao daily was solely EU back then to?
    That could be why. It was huge in EU. Anyways, this is the response:

10:13 - Kenny: Hey bart, I'm working on it. It should be ready with full release of the game.
    10:14 - Kenny: complete new web system, much faster and all user accounts are stored, so no need to re-register,
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player

idc

idc

so far for being a good sportmans. Please dont replay anymore. You clearly only care about yourself. GG my man GG.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player

idc

so far for being a good sportmans. Please dont replay anymore. You clearly only care about yourself. GG my man GG.

lmao I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Ignore me and carry on in this thread about an EU AAO Blog
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    scrolling through their twitter it appears they were solely uploading for EU competition.. I'm assuming that would change ? as for the aa2 thing I only remember gotfrag.. could be because aao daily was solely EU back then to?

I was not admin and I will never be, but in my opinion there should be no separation on EU/NA anymore.

I was not admin and I will never be, but in my opinion there should be no separation on EU/NA anymore.

Agree on that, especially for casts and seeing top teams interviews etc it would be interesting to follow both on the same place.