AA:PG Versus

Comments

• SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited September 2015
    Koden wrote: »
    Son.ek wrote: »
    DZ Air Team has the most competitive experience from all the teams that are new or not as strong yet.
    They hoped to be put in a group with good enemies for experience and a good time.
    Demorecs will only be reviewed after a report has been made. I need these for highlighting purposes.

They mostly play Inner Hospital the whole [mod edit] time, and on the OPEN beta. Most of the players they registered for the cup haven't played more than 420 hours! Letting alone player's abilities and maps knowledge...

You can't seriously pretend that they have " the most competitive experience from all the teams that are new or not as strong yet"...

In all groups is pretty much like that, if there are no upsets (probably will happen) all the "new" teams will play against each other in the division after the groupstage
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Make it random - > people will complain, make it based off of personal judgement - > people will complain. 2 choices, same result.

Well, i'm not playing in this cup, so i'm just giving out my point of view.
    Derob6.jpg
    Make it random - > people will complain, make it based off of personal judgement - > people will complain. 2 choices, same result.

Well, i'm not playing in this cup, so i'm just giving out my point of view.

I understand it, but I think it's better to make harder for new teams the groupstage, instead of the divisions after it, groupstages are bo1 and they have a better chance to upset, divisions are bo3 and it will be pretty hard for new teams to win 2 maps over a more experienced team
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    yeah but if you are already adjusting teams so they land on a certain division.. why the group stage at all?

I still think there are too many groups and too little opponents in a 3 team group.. you are practically saying 1 team belongs to division gold the other to division silver and so forth..

Random is random, there is nothing to complain about it. but specially the new teams who could have played 4 or more teams in 1 group 2 before joining a division could have got more experience on group stage. Now its too short and to selected..

yeah but if you are already adjusting teams so they land on a certain division.. why the group stage at all?

I still think there are too many groups and too little opponents in a 3 team group.. you are practically saying 1 team belongs to division gold the other to division silver and so forth..

Random is random, there is nothing to complain about it. but specially the new teams who could have played 4 or more teams in 1 group 2 before joining a division could have got more experience on group stage. Now its too short and to selected..

For the format he chose you can't do much with 27 teams, I think that a good league/cup should have nothing random, either maps, seeding or else, but that's my opinion
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    edited September 2015
    There is nothing wrong with the groups as they are and if you think there is then you misunderstand the purpose of this tournament specifically the group stage. The group stage is intended to sort the stronger teams from the weaker so every single team has a fair chance to win divisions. Random groups would have been unfair not just towards the stronger teams but also towards the newer teams which would have a far smaller chance to win with another team dominating their division. For now no one belongs anywhere apart from their group and it's up to you to prove your division.
    First of all.. I am not complaining about our group.. its will be fun rounds for sure.. :)

But when we signed up for the league, it stated the group stage is random, now its not. I would rather prefer we stick with the things that are announced already and not change them on short notice.

Also I believe its unfair that by putting each "strong team" and "weak/average team" to different groups just to make sure they end up in the same division is not fair at all.. Specially if the high division gets a bigger pie from the prize pool.

Ok this one is free buy in. But If I would put my money to join, I would not accept that 1-2 ppl are deciding which team belongs to which group.

I am just stating this, because I am hoping this league to continue in the future. And I can guarantee you, it will be only the 5-6 teams left (the same one that have been competing on ESL etc) to join when ppl will need to buy in. And then you wont really have the effect of the bigger prize pool you are hoping from 24 or more teams.
    or now no one belongs anywhere apart from their group and it's up to you to prove your division.
    If we take DZ group.. you are practically putting them in Bronze Division.. 100% there is nothing that could be proven in that group.. :)

But regardless.. GL and lots of fun to everyone in the league.. I am glad we are so many teams
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    Even though I'm not taking part myself :cry: .. massive thanks have to be given to Son for setting this up, especially when there was nothing, with prizes to boot :mrgreen:

Good luck all!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    Sonfour is the best, nothing else to say.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    edited September 2015
    Since we have our first confirmed match I welcome you all to (for now) the first match of season 1 on the 24th of September at 8PM GMT+1, live on http://aapgversus.com/aapgcast
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    So no Dev team :(
    edited September 2015
    Very sad to say that there is already a team that got disqualified. I will respect the TOS and will not go into detail. Hope this never happens again.
    The only good thing coming out of this is there is no elimination round for the bronze division
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    edited September 2015
    What if we get a stand in team?
    Is there maybe a team out there (hint hint Dev team) that wants to participate as a last minute thing?

EDIT: and what a shamefull action!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    You guys should know by now, the Dev team is "coming soon" :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

they are still clearing out some bugs? :)
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited September 2015
    Slayer's got a very talkative leader, perhaps they might want to play some match to put in use all of that TS work.
    Soon™.
    This spring™
    Derob6.jpg
    edited September 2015
    Slayer's got a very talkative leader, perhaps they might want to play some match to put in use all of that TS work.
    Soon™.
    This spring™

yeah yaris likes to communicate.. and you gotta love his accent :) but I asked DQ already and they dont feel ready to compete :(
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    "not ready to compete". What a dumb excuse, there is a great mix of skill with current teams so that everyone should have some fun.
  • SLaYeR_DQSLaYeR_DQ Posts: 19Player
    Hello everyone!

Since you guys talk about SLaYers I believe that I should say something :smile:

Unfortunately we didn't play this tournament for 2 reasons and 2 reasons alone:
    1º - we only play, yet, in open beta, not the option and this is the main reason (personally not a big fan of it);
    2º - we are still creating our team and need to play some scrims and most important we "kind" only play InnerHospital map.

Has Apple may remember we played SLaYers vs K1Dz, some time ago, and it was our first scrim and we draw... I would say not bad but like I said to Apple we need more time to make our "A" team, a lot of scrims and to begin to diverse in maps in them...

So SSKnecabo, its not an excuse its a very justified reason to not enter season 1 of aapgversus ;) I hope, if possible, by next year we have the opportunity and the conditions to enter tournaments like aapgversus and some other ESL.

Yes Yaris talks the [TOS Violation] out lol but, ingame, that's one of our great assets!

GL for everyone and I hope we will meet you all soon "on the field" :smiley:

PS: If any tounament opens out, if you can, just give either me or Yaris a heads-up on steam so we can check it out!