AA:PG Versus

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Can't quote properly from the phone but this is from OP: "but to give the newer teams a fair chance I made a group stage so that the more experienced teams will end up with other experienced teams instead of obliterating the opposition therefore leaving the new teams competing with similar level teams."
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    edited September 2015
    Groups are completely random yes. Divisions will be based on group results.
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    Honestly I don't think that's good for new teams, if for example 2 "good" teams are in the same group, they will play for sure in 2 different divisions = less chance for new teams (theoretically of course)
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    edited September 2015
    There is no way to know their approximate skill level currently so they can't be grouped with similar teams.
    The only solution I can find is for all the division winners to play against eachother for the total prizepool but I do not think that is the right way.
    Even if you do it by your own feelings it will be better than random seedings :smiley:
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    edited September 2015
    I will give it some thought and get back to you. I know of the flaw you point out from the beginning but it still seemed like the best way to go. If I were to rearrange the groups according to my feelings then I am not sure it would be more fair. The point of a competition is to try to become the best no matter what adversary you face.
    If a new team is extremely well but I do not know about it then it would still be 2 good teams in 1 group.
    What if more experienced teams sign up and there is no room for 1 team per group?
    I am a perfectionist and have very high expectations of everything I do, even though I hate that I did I admit that I made several mistakes.
    The system will need to change, I thought that random would be more fair than my judgement.
    Over the following days I will be creating a better way to group the teams and divide the chances of fairly winning and most likely change the way the prizes are divided.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Why don't you run 2 match randomly selected stage for group placement. 1 point for every round won. Organize groups by points. Should also give you a chance to figure out match logistics. Certainly a chance that teams get lucky with opponents, but its better than having an even more imbalanced group stage that colors the brackets. Would only be necessary in the first league. All subsequent would be based on history.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    edited September 2015
    Could you elaborate? There would be a ladder of sort for group placement, placing the highest in the ladder in the first group and the second in the next? Or an average of points? I am not sure if I understand that correctly.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I would like to make some suggestions as well:

- The admins and moderators should be announced before the tournament starts
    - The demorec comity should be selected before there is a problem (if demorec works at all)
    - You should start thinking how to arrange and administer the prize pool for the following seasons and make it as transparent as possible (so teams are willing to buy in )
    - As mentioned already the group stage should actually be completely random for future seasons. I do understand that you arrange it so that most teams have fun at the end. But in this version a top team might actually feel handled unfairly.

Other than that, I see now we are still missing 13 teams to complete the groups. Do you see this happening until registration deadline?
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I would like to make some suggestions as well:

- The admins and moderators should be announced before the tournament starts
    - The demorec comity should be selected before there is a problem (if demorec works at all)
    - You should start thinking how to arrange and administer the prize pool for the following seasons and make it as transparent as possible (so teams are willing to buy in )
    - As mentioned already the group stage should actually be completely random for future seasons. I do understand that you arrange it so that most teams have fun at the end. But in this version a top team might actually feel handled unfairly.

Other than that, I see now we are still missing 13 teams to complete the groups. Do you see this happening until registration deadline?

Currently groups are actually random, was me misunderstanding it.
    Doing groups in a random way will effect both, top teams and new teams.
    For example a top team might go in division 2 when they should play in the first just because they had an unlucky group, also if there's a group with all new teams the 1st and 2nd will probably go in divisions full of better teams and they wont have fun.
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    I just meant do a random match generation. 2 matches per team. Announce both teams each has to play and give them x days to report scores. Based on scores you at least have some data for group placement.

LETS GO PENS
  • =]ES[=zomb!=]ES[=zomb! Posts: 80Player
    edited September 2015
    may god random be with you...
    index.php?soldier=%3D%5DES%5B%3Dzomb%21
  • =]ES[=zomb!=]ES[=zomb! Posts: 80Player
    murphy, you know?
    index.php?soldier=%3D%5DES%5B%3Dzomb%21
    Pick the teams. It doesn't matter. Just getting some data to build the groups, like a tiny wc qualifier, is better than nothing.

LETS GO PENS
    The problem is that all the matches will still be random and the group stage was intended as a qualifier
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    21 teams! nice - would be great to AT LEAST have 3 more :)
    iG said they would sign up and so did Unya that leaves 1 more