AA:PG Versus

2456722

Comments

  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited September 2015
    Great initiative son.. But AC is an issue... I already saw the new pro signed up that wanted posted a video about...

    I also agree it's too short time for the first season to start. I understand you want it to finish by December but don't see it reaching the numbers by 9th September
    Those people got kicked from that team and hopefully they were the last playing for them.
    As we saw in the past also the best AC can be bypassed, thanks to the demorec we can at least catch the obvious people even without any AC
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Question however is.. Who is gonna review the demos? We already saw what's gonna happen in the facebook group and tbh the most experienced players to review demos are usually comp players. Players who are taking part of the tournament and shouldn't be allowed to do the reviews.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Are you sure? :) cos I have seen 1 name still listed there..
    Who will form the demorec comity? I think son should also implement rules how complaints will be handled prior to season start.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I'd actually go by the ESL system for demorecs so it'll be less work. Once you suspect someone, you'll have to write a timetable sent to the reviewing committee. This way it's less work for them and the one accusing has to actually inveest time for that matter and can't just accuse mindlessly because he lost.
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I'd actually go by the ESL system for demorecs so it'll be less work. Once you suspect someone, you'll have to write a timetable sent to the reviewing committee. This way it's less work for them and the one accusing has to actually inveest time for that matter and can't just accuse mindlessly because he lost.

    Timetable +1

    Has always been the case with demorecs I think (Clanbase back in the days).

    Punkbuster is meh. With the demorecs and a few guys who know what they are talking about should be enough.
    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Necabo has a good point. The players who compete should not be reviewing other players. This wont be objective enough.

    Timetable +1 as well
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited September 2015
    Demorec is not the answer!.. you think guys are gonna make it that obvious?
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    edited September 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Demorec is not the answer!.. you think guys are gonna make it that obvious?

    I trust demorec more than any anti che@t program. The real good hacks, private made / expensive ones, wont be caught anyway. Sooner or later cheaters will make a mistake and demorec is the only way to show that.

    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Has anyone actually tested demorec for aapg and compared it to own recordings while playing (not the spectate mode)
    How accurate it is for this game and engine?

  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    Great initiative son.. But AC is an issue... I already saw the new pro signed up that wanted posted a video about...

    I also agree it's too short time for the first season to start. I understand you want it to finish by December but don't see it reaching the numbers by 9th September
    Those people got kicked from that team and hopefully they were the last playing for them.
    As we saw in the past also the best AC can be bypassed, thanks to the demorec we can at least catch the obvious people even without any AC
    I was totally wrong AHAHAHAHA
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 752Player
    I think an anticheat plus demorec is the best option. The combination is what will make this going for the better. Untill we have a good AC we need to figure out the best way to use the demorec.

    Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    For what it's worth, I would be willing to volunteer my time on a demorec review committee.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

    LETS GO PENS
  • LargsargLargsarg Posts: 9Beta Tester
    .sauce wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I would be willing to volunteer my time on a demorec review committee.

    Good for you sauce.. I hope this initiative catches on.

  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    ={GIS}= just signed up ;)

    GL HF everyone
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    how many teams are you aiming for? what is realistic?
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    32 teams. If there are not enough we will have to start with less.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    With the current rate of updates and release being "near" (whatever that means), what's the plan for those? Guess we'll play the latest update available?
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    Son.ek wrote: »
    32 teams. If there are not enough we will have to start with less.

    The signup date is kind of close, and if you aim to get teams made out of the people playing the optin, it might fall a lot shorter than 32 teams.
    Derob6.jpg
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited September 2015
    I heard that the sign up deadline will be postponed, not sure tho, waiting for son to confirm.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    With the current rate of updates and release being "near" (whatever that means), what's the plan for those? Guess we'll play the latest update available?
    The version played in this tournament will be the latest available Opt-in
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I should stop commenting while at work.
Sign In or Register to comment.