AA:PG Versus

C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
edited June 2016 in eSports
To the community I introduce AAPG VERSUS, a new tournament platform by a player for the players.
For a long time I have wanted to see the competitive community grow and so I made an initiative to stimulate its growth and hope that over the course of time more teams arrise.
http://www.aapgversus.com
Teams will compete with eachother in 2 stages; a group stage and a bracket stage.
Depending on the standings at the end of the group stage teams will be divided into 4 divisions. Winners of the brackets will receive a prize. Currently the prizepool is €250.
The idea is simple; teams buy in for a small fee and will compete for the total, but to give the newer teams a fair chance I made a group stage so that the more experienced teams will end up with other experienced teams instead of obliterating the opposition therefore leaving the new teams competing with similar level teams.
To get this rolling there is no buy in for the first season, you can sign up and compete.
I am leaving for the States in December and want to complete the season before then.
Sign your team up here http://www.aapgversus.com/#!sign-up/n7zfo
I am hoping to get at least 32 teams competing so tell your friends and get a squad together.

Comments

• -pR|speT.-pR|speT. Posts: 59Player
    Very good inatiative... we will support this.
    PTranger Portuguese Rangers Founder
    TWL Teamwarfare Competition Director
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    Like I wrote you on steam, this is an awesome idea, just at the wrong time, waiting for the release is a must imo.
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    Lets support this guys. It's true the time isn't the best so far, but if people see this maybe they will comeback with other eyes. The game is changing for better, let's give it another change.

Thx for all of this Son.ek, awesome work!

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    Thing is that a lot of players are still playing the open beta, if it's possible, would be nice to at least delay the sign up deadline a bit, so you have more time to advertise it
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
    edited September 2015
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    Thing is that a lot of players are still playing the open beta, if it's possible, would be nice to at least delay the sign up deadline a bit, so you have more time to advertise it

Yes might be the better idea, however the next step now is to inform the most people we can about this, specially the comp. players. Step by step this should grow and become even better. We don't have to rush it thats true, but if we can do it as soon as we can better too.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    EU? NA? Both? Can't really find any information about that on the page.
    edited September 2015
    You're blind :smiley:
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    EU? NA? Both? Can't really find any information about that on the page.

The tournament is European but not limited to Europe therefore when playing a European team as a team from another region the European server has priority.
    Feel free to play on a local server against another local team.
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • C.C.B.C.C.B. Posts: 223Player
    It's under the Information tab, this tournament is EU but NA can join but EU servers have priority
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I'm not blind, I just don't have the "assistance" you are using..
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Great job Sonfour!

Opt-in or open beta?
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Now if the Community Managers would support and promote this, then this game would go places!
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Well even if the first season doesn't get the turnout due to optin/open confusion and other things, it can still be a trial run for rules/experience and once release happens they will be even more ready. Hopefully things for the game turn out well and this will end up being a great and popular option for teams. Maybe enough for an EU and a NA section to help people play at reasonable hours.

Any ideas for AC moving forward Sonfour? Maybe some sort of demorec review committee, something like what CS is doing? I know it's tough to write AC and leasing is super expensive, so just wondering if you have any plans/intentions for that kind of thing considering there are cash prizes involved.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    edited September 2015
    Yes. I have been thinking about AC a lot. I wish I could depend on Punkbuster alone. I do not have the resources to lease. I know of two people who had started writing a while back but stopped as there was a lack of interest in the competitive scene. I am not sure if they would be interested in picking it back up, it looked pretty promising so all I can do is ask. I have to rely on Punkbuster and the demorec reviewing. Hopefully there will be people who want to help out reviewing and or monitoring matches.
    I am confident in the demorec function to work, if reviewed properly.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    1/2 the reason why comp stopped was due to no AC .. if they WOULD finish what they started that be HUGE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited September 2015
    Nice idea Sonfour, good job.

Where money appears, the probability of cheats will raise very dynamic. Specially if there is no real resistance for the best team. Fact.
    edited September 2015
    Nice idea Sonfour, good job.

Where money appears, the probability of cheats will raise very dynamic. Specially if there is no real resistance for the best team. Fact.

Theres no "resistance" for your troll posts either.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    How was that a troll.. he's 100% correct in saying money prizes will attract more cheaters.. you need a solid AC to succeed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Great initiative son.. But AC is an issue... I already saw the new pro signed up that wanted posted a video about...

I also agree it's too short time for the first season to start. I understand you want it to finish by December but don't see it reaching the numbers by 9th September