General Issues

Okay, I really like the Opt-in—except for that sound—but the chatbox problem from previous opt-ins is still there for me. If I am typing when dead, or typing and then die, it freezes the hud so that I cannot interact. There is no chatbox, no ability to bring up TAB or pause—only a giant ugly cursor. It makes communicating with team mates very frustrating. And if I die and this happens, and someone heals me, I am are stuck for about three seconds with the cursor until I can move again.

Next problem is the HUD. It freezes or disappears if I do something too quickly, like pull out a nade or a gun, or if someone throws too many flash bangs or smoke bombs. The cursor will pop up and make me a sitting duck.

To try and fix the problems above, I tried a fresh install as well as deleting my config/documents folder. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to help at all.

Are these problems happening for anyone else? If so, is this going to be directed in the next Opt-in/update?

Thanks!

(Now I also noticed the "My Soldier" setting on the main menu. What exactly is this? Is it not supposed to save the options you set or is it strictly to see what is coming up in an update or just what's in the game?)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
"I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2015
    Okay, I really like the Opt-in—except for that sound—but the chatbox problem from previous opt-ins is still there for me. If I am typing when dead, or typing and then die, it freezes the hud so that I cannot interact. There is no chatbox, no ability to bring up TAB or pause—only a giant ugly cursor. It makes communicating with team mates very frustrating. And if I die and this happens, and someone heals me, I am are stuck for about three seconds with the cursor until I can move again.

Next problem is the HUD. It freezes or disappears if I do something too quickly, like pull out a nade or a gun, or if someone throws too many flash bangs or smoke bombs. The cursor will pop up and make me a sitting duck.

To try and fix the problems above, I tried a fresh install as well as deleting my config/documents folder. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to help at all.

Are these problems happening for anyone else? If so, is this going to be directed in the next Opt-in/update?

Thanks!

(Now I also noticed the "My Soldier" setting on the main menu. What exactly is this? Is it not supposed to save the options you set or is it strictly to see what is coming up in an update or just what's in the game?)

That chat bug bugs me too :(

The camo's/weapon skins on the 'My Soldier' screens have to be unlocked by completing challenges.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player

Thanks!

That chat bug bugs me too :(

The camo's/weapon skins on the 'My Soldier' screens have to be unlocked by completing challenges.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I start typing and it auto enters the content, and people rag at me because it makes absolutely no sense. :(

Ah, thank you for the reply! That's sounds very cool! Is there a way to view the challenges to know how/what to unlock to get each?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    If you go to the role select screen (where weapon loadouts are) you will see a box to the right what tells you whats you need to do to unlock certain things that are listed below the requirements , the actual challenges and what doing them unlocks vary with each weapon, you will see the unlock screen change as you cycle weapons.

It's quite confusing and sometimes it seems like its not working correctly but I also don't know if its an entirely functional feature yet.. I do know they are changing the UI (a recent comment from a dev said so anyway), so I'd expect it to change more and more and hopefully become easier to understand as we get new opt-in versions.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I'll have to cycle through it just to see it now. I did notice it, but it didn't seem to be changing so I thought it might have been for something else.

Thanks!

ss_4_Root-Access.png