New Opt-In build for September 3

123457»

Comments

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player

Something to do with revive, I presume - a cursor suddenly appears on the screen and pressing Esc simply goes in vain(I can't control character). Have to wait till round-end to play.

The 5..4..3..2..1 which appears on the screen sometimes randomly appears in-round. Might be something to do with Alt-Z (it comes when I turn on HUD).

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    Can't download it from steam/aapg properties or from the launcher.

Someone else is having the issue also.. Do you see this in steam (on the community tab)?..

2h6qzo8.jpg

you gotta go there and click the box, then it downloads.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    [ENG]Uni-Sol, I have no pic on left but I do not have the Mission Editor checked "Added..."

Maybe the DLC picture gets added if you download the Editor too??
    googley avatar aapg

it was just an available DLC before I clicked the box, then it went to installed (added)

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    edited September 2015
    I right click the game in my library -> properties -> dlc tab, 'Install' is checked 'State' is 'not installed'. I then click 'View downloadable content for this product' a window then pop up named 'Downloadable Content for America's Army: Proving Grounds Beta' saying: "There is no downloadable content available for this game."
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Did a Google search but didn't find it.
    site:http://store.steampowered.com america's+army:+proving+grounds+editor
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited September 2015
    It's added but not installed. Box is checked.
    2h6qzo8.jpg
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Dates kinda don't match to when I did it........ 2013??? So, did I go back in time? :lol:

I don't know what else could help.. I don't see any DLC if I follow your steps Nero too, but this is what I did and it worked, however even though it does work now for me and loads up fine, the editor is still relatively un-usable since we can't use any sounds or playtest maps in the editor (crashes).

Looks like we need to wait some more on this one and hope they are aware of all the issues were having :(

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Hey guys!

We were hoping to have an opt-in for you today, but there were a few bugs that we really wanted to get out before we sent it. Unfortunately the build won't be done in time for today, but our programmers should have everything good to go asap. We are shooting for an update at the beginning of next week.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Hey guys!

We were hoping to have an opt-in for you today, but there were a few bugs that we really wanted to get out before we sent it. Unfortunately the build won't be done in time for today, but our programmers should have everything good to go asap. We are shooting for an update at the beginning of next week.

Can you let us know what changes to expect?
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Fix the server filters and you already won.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    How big will be the patch to the new version? I hope I need not download 5gb again(27 hours 42 mins) :smiley:
    Dates kinda don't match to when I did it........ 2013??? So, did I go back in time? :lol:

I didn't noticed before you said it now, mine is added (not installed) twelve days later, 24 Jul, 2013 :smile:
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,448Player
    Weapon Challenges
    Weapon challenges are now updating as you play on the Load-out screen.
    Unlocked optics will appear as an option in the Loadout screen. Unlocked weapon skins may be selected on the My Soldier screen though there is not yet any indication which are locked or unlocked.
    There is no in-game notification a challenge has been completed; this is in the works.

End of Match Voting
    A voting widget has been added to the end of match AAR. Players may vote to replay the current map, play the next map in rotation or the next map after that. Ties result in the next map being played.
    It is still in progress and has some cosmetic issues.

Misc. Fixes & Changes
    Bleedout icons vanish when sighting up
    Tactical indicator and your bleedout icon moved to the lower right corner (note these do not yet work with HUD scaling)
    Shotgun damage drop-off tweaked; it is more effective a few meters further than before
    Fix for some extract objectives not playing their drop & pickup sounds
    Custom animations added to main menu characters
    Added a server setting, bOnlyAllowAutoPick, which only allow auto join at the team select screen
    Adding servers to the favorites list once again works
    Various small environmental fixes for several maps
    Numerous UI/HUD polish items
    Players should no longer see the spectate HUD post-revive
    Objective interaction should now have priority over revive, secure and other actions
    Fix for C4 mesh not appearing correctly when carried by an enemy
    Demorec is no longer listed as a spectator and the demorec icon on the scoreboard now works
    Version number is on the scoreboard
    Withdraw no longer does anything if you cannot be revived
    C4 highlight no longer appears when blocked by a solid object
    All optics and the CZ-2 pistol are unlocked by default for LAN games
    Fixed several obscure client and server crashes
    Fixed an issue where some inputs would close the admin message early
    Fixed a rogue vert on the enemy sniper mesh
    Cleaned up client log spam
    Fixed various typos and text errors
    Punkbuster debug messages off by default
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 13Beta Tester
    Looks like next week arrived early...... :)
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Yeah. As of COB yesterday we didn't think we would have it ready in time.

Thankfully some really awesome beta testers downloaded it first thing this morning and helped us run smoke tests on it.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

It's added but not installed. Box is checked.
    2h6qzo8.jpg

After the latest update Editor is now installed.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Moderators should close this thread since we have a new Sept.18th update.
    googley avatar aapg

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 634Moderator
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Moderators should close this thread since we have a new Sept.18th update.

or you could stop bumping the topic
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I once tested how it was to play with a high ping on a Brazilian server (I'm in Northern Europe). Over 300 ping in a whole match was like move in syrup. To my surprise nobody complained, nice people, need more of them.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. I believe (call me whatever you want for this) that most people are actually mature enough in AAPG. But they have to get this ping-thing, because a very loud minority consists of a bunch of immature players. I really don't like this mentality.
    Do you think ping hiding will do the trick? Just look at CoD (a game with many immature players): so many people blame lag even with ping hiding, (even when they only have 3-4 bar guys playing). You can't shut their mouth with hiding pings. I feel like after hiding ping they'll blame everything on the lag. These people always find something a cry about: the netcode, the hitreg, the hitboxes, a lag-switch, the list is endless. At least this is my opinion and I'm aware, that I might be totally wrong.

Srry coming across this post. 3-4 bars just so you know is a possible 100-300 ping. 1 bar= 400-500+ 2 bar=300-400 range 3 bar=200-300 range 4 bar=100-200 5 bar= 0-100 ping just so you are aware how the CoD developers have fooled you consoles guys :smile:
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.