New Opt-In build for September 3

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    It works from the DLC tab in AAPG properties in steam. At least it did for me.. It never used to be an option.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Can't download it from steam/aapg properties or from the launcher.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited September 2015
    How long ago did you last restart steam? maybe it's something like that stopping it from being there.

You joining in the map making Nero? :)

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    How long ago did you last restart steam? maybe it's something like that stopping it from being there.

You joining in the map making Nero? :)

I've restarted steam, doesn't help.
    I would never try to make a map, but I saw a problem with downloading Editor and I try to help with that. :)

HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 338Beta Tester
    We actually try to make sure the enemy camouflage isn't super effective. We would rather players be able to easily identify the enemy than have enemies in effective camouflage patterns that are hard to pick out in the environment.
    I know I’m only representative of a very small group within the AAPG community (less than 10% of males) but, the present NME camo seems very effective to me. I’m color deficient in both the red and green spectrums and have lost sight of NME’s when they pass by certain coloured objects. One such example was an NME near the train car in Over Lord. I could see his legs and thought he was behind the car. I shot at the legs and as he spun towards my fire I saw movement that indicated he was actually standing in front of the train car.
    I have been shot by people who were right in front of me but due to the colours of the items behind them I saw nothing but their muzzle flash.dead.gif

product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    NMEs are generally harder to see in the opt-in and I actually don't like that since it's yet again promoting scopes. Too much camo would be overkill IMO, leave it as it is.
    edited September 2015
    When Shooting and hitting walls near to enemy player (aka bad aim) he gets blanketed by the dust particles.. same with nades :lol:

In that way they seem harder to see, other than that I have no problem distinguishing friend from foe.. Its no where near as bad as it seemed in AA3.. Anyone remember the Comabt ID system? where your fellow teamates had Chemlights on their backpacks? that flashed at a certain distance away.. Twas added in the last patch we ever got for AA3 iirc, which also saw AI and Medevacs (respawn), the biggest most feature rich patch we ever got.. Then it got left :(
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    I would never try to make a map, but I saw a problem with downloading Editor and I try to help with that. :)

I never thought I would be able to even use the editor, never mind throw together map.. It's amazing what you can achieve if you try :mrgreen:

Not that any of my maps have been the making of AAPG, [TOS Violation] even Wolvies and Delta's works of art have struggled in some respects.. I still can't believe there is no 24/7 CSAR servers like there are for Inner :lol:

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Duke_Audi wrote: »
    We actually try to make sure the enemy camouflage isn't super effective. We would rather players be able to easily identify the enemy than have enemies in effective camouflage patterns that are hard to pick out in the environment.
    I know I’m only representative of a very small group within the AAPG community (less than 10% of males) but, the present NME camo seems very effective to me. I’m color deficient in both the red and green spectrums and have lost sight of NME’s when they pass by certain coloured objects. One such example was an NME near the train car in Over Lord. I could see his legs and thought he was behind the car. I shot at the legs and as he spun towards my fire I saw movement that indicated he was actually standing in front of the train car.
    I have been shot by people who were right in front of me but due to the colours of the items behind them I saw nothing but their muzzle flash.dead.gif

Can you wear color-corrective lenses or eyewear? A friend of mine is color blind so he wears them when gaming sometime. I think there is software out there that helps to adjust color saturation on monitors for the color impaired.
    googley avatar aapg

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 338Beta Tester
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Can you wear color-corrective lenses or eyewear? A friend of mine is color blind so he wears them when gaming sometime. I think there is software out there that helps to adjust color saturation on monitors for the color impaired.

I’ve not investigated the two colour lens custom glasses partly because I know what regular glasses cost. I’m not sure the cheap ones actually do anything.
    I have looked into different software such as Visolve, Vischeck and EnChroma. I’m not sure which one is better though. They all offer different things and of course, not all monitors are created equal. So, which works best with mine is something I’ll have to look into when I return from holidays.
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
  • Game needs new maps. Period.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Game needs new maps. Period.

Yes many.

Wood huts and a jungle scene would be a nice addition. Too much Urban-ism I think.
    googley avatar aapg

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited September 2015
    @-Ner0- Thanks for the ini tweak. For some reason the link did not work earlier. Now it works. Many thanks!
    Edit - I see no difference in fps :(
    Wood huts and a jungle scene would be a nice addition. Too much Urban-ism I think.
    The truth has been spoken.
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    Not many jungles in Europe... Maybe a vineyard.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,146Player
    Yineyard, farm, brewery, meat packing plant, all sorts of things can be done other than towns/cities
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Just tried the opt-in. It is gold. Pure gold.
    -Crashes suddenly for no reason. (rare, but around twice a day).
    -For some reason, in the map overload, parts of the ground below a certain level appear white.
    -Is there a way to change HUD color? (i.e. from yellow to something else). Is it only me who thinks all the maps have a yellow tint to them?
    -What is the purpose of Launcher now that I can select servers form the game window itself?
    -Really epic startup music.
    -Will there be more "loading time" videos to watch in the final version? I like the videos. :smile:
    Awesome work devs!
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,146Player
    edited September 2015
    Loremus wrote: »
    -Is there a way to change HUD color? (i.e. from yellow to something else). Is it only me who thinks all the maps have a yellow tint to them?

I assume it will be added to the settings for release, but in the meantime:
    nameplatecolor R G B
    Use this to figure out the RGB color you want
    http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

For example, you could do
    nameplatecolor 4 163 9 to get a darkish green
    nameplatecolor 100 200 255 will get you a light blue
    etc.

I believe you can even change the enemy color with enemynameplatecolor
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    So... should we expect a new patch this Thurs-Fri? If so, what changes will we see? @TheTots @DeltaKilo
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Well I've been waiting 13 years for Sharks With Lasers .....it's now or never, Devs!!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.