New Opt-In build for September 3

Comments

• 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    We have a certain amount of time in mind which would be required of an "average" player to rank up to the max level. This number is pretty large, something like 5000 hours. After looking at the stats we found the average player was ranking up about half as quick as we would like.

So doing some quick math. 5000 hours over the course of two years would be a little more than half of a year of continuous playing. At a rate of 2 hours per day, it would be 2500 days or almost 7 years. 3 hours per day would put you at about 4.5 years. 5 hours per day = 2.75 years. That's quite a lot of hours. Maybe knock that down to like 4000 hours.

Also, how much of a curve is there for ranking up? I feel like I'm ranking up extremely slowly. 21 hours only got me to level 3.

That assumes average. The top players can probably rank up at a rate of at least 5x the average. So we might see max levels in a year and a half or so.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,448Player
    I like the new ranks :)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    *Admins have access to a new command, AdminPlayerList, which lists all players by team with ping

Here is a work in progress shot of how the scoreboard will look now that ping isn't listed.

uRhAw9u.jpg

*This is not final work*

What's the friggin deal here? The Army not feeding y'all. Got Pizza, Got Yogurt, ...Got Milk?
    googley avatar aapg

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Here's a screenshot of the new admin command to check everyone's pings.

7dv25gya2pk7.jpg
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    *Admins have access to a new command, AdminPlayerList, which lists all players by team with ping

Here is a work in progress shot of how the scoreboard will look now that ping isn't listed.

uRhAw9u.jpg

*This is not final work*

Why are the team logos not the same color as the team name? .. feels unfinished :expressionless:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    You mean the unit patch looking logos at the top? Do you think they should match the text color for the team?
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    edited September 2015
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    We have a certain amount of time in mind which would be required of an "average" player to rank up to the max level. This number is pretty large, something like 5000 hours. After looking at the stats we found the average player was ranking up about half as quick as we would like.

So doing some quick math. 5000 hours over the course of two years would be a little more than half of a year of continuous playing. At a rate of 2 hours per day, it would be 2500 days or almost 7 years. 3 hours per day would put you at about 4.5 years. 5 hours per day = 2.75 years. That's quite a lot of hours. Maybe knock that down to like 4000 hours.

Also, how much of a curve is there for ranking up? I feel like I'm ranking up extremely slowly. 21 hours only got me to level 3.

The number we are aiming for is 2000 hours. That was assuming players averaged about 20 XP per minute based on our guesses from the old scoring system. Our data is showing players are averaging about 9.5 XP per minute. Really skilled players were maybe around twice that. Only 0.5% of players are at or above 20 XPM in the opt-in. So... what you are currently playing would likely take you around 4000 hours to complete. That is why you are leveling up so slowly, even at early levels.

We will be modifying the formula to get us more in line with our desired leveling times. The updated formula (again, not implemented yet) will be:

XP needed for levels 1-20: 600 * Lvl^2
    XP needed for levels 21-40: 600 * (Lvl^2 + (Lvl-20)^2)

As for why we changed the system:
    A) This has more of an Army feel.
    B ) The old system was way overkill. Even Dem@n was going to take like 5+ years to reach max level in that system.
    C) We reworked a lot of scoring stuff, which was going to slow that old system down even more.
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Some small scoring events were removed as well, such as bandaging and spotting.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 270Player
    I'm gonna miss my 100 honor :smile:
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,129Player
    edited September 2015
    The sniper at the beginning should fire his rifle at some point. Maybe when you join a server or something. Would make it more interesting.

Also, any chance that at some point that the skins that we choose in My Soldier will be server side so that we can all have our own individual skin in game? (or is that how it is and I just haven't realized?)
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    Devs, please.. please! I beg you to do something about the pointerbug and chat related bugs, it's just such a pain when you can't move or do anything.. I can't see it being an extremely tenacious bug..
    The Sniper should fire everytime you select something from that main menu...would be a sweet touch.. but I do like the new main menu

Goodvibe wrote: »
    Devs, please.. please! I beg you to do something about the pointerbug and chat related bugs, it's just such a pain when you can't move or do anything.. I can't see it being an extremely tenacious bug..

You might be surprised how hard it is to track down some issues.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    After I get shot, my name is still yellow in the scoreboard, confuses a bit. Should be grey......My first round I've played I had the whole round the bleedout icon in front of me and underneath a text "camera mode" whatever...crazy. Following round it was gone.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    edited September 2015
    Well Im the 1000th comment on news and announcements.
    How is the opt-it points system different from the open beta? I ask this because I read somewhere that the average xpm is around 10, which is a lot less than the open beta.
    Loremus wrote: »
    Well Im the 1000th comment on news and announcements.
    How is the opt-it points system different from the open beta? I ask this because I read somewhere that the average xpm is around 10, which is a lot less than the open beta.

Points are mostly divided by 10. For example a neutralization was previously worth 100, now it is worth 10. In addition some of the smaller and less common scoring events have been removed. Overall the system is simpler and more streamlined.
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    Ok fairplay, I am pretty sure you can reproduce it the following way:
    "Every time someone revives me, I thank them through text-chat (I don't have a mic), now this is when it usually happens. It's like the transition from spectator to player combined with text-chatting, produces some kind of error, where by you end up with just a mouse-pointer. Only the console works during that time, the 'esc' button won't work.
  • m(o)(o)km(o)(o)k Posts: 20Player
    This is all very interesting. Going to go play it......

Oh, wait....nobody else in the US is on it...back to old beta... :* :p

^^ Dont get lippy son

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player

Could it be related to full-screen windowed mode? I know it has only happened to me in this state.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS