New Opt-In build for September 3

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,457Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    High pings aren't as bad of an issue as they were like a year or so ago. I've played in servers filled with 200 ping guys and it's not too bad.

I agree we play with 160 - 240 ping on our server and its fine no problems.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited September 2015
    Wow, I wish that were true for me.
    If someone has 200+ ping, I can't do a thing. I start to bounce all over the place, and commands seem to lock up like crazy. It isn't even consistent, it is sporadic and that's the worse kind. I haven't really noticed a lot if someone has ping below 200, but over and it is a horrendous experience for me. If I have high ping, I don't play, because people complain and justly so. I know how frustrating it is trying to shoot people who move like The Flash.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    edited September 2015
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    High pings aren't as bad of an issue as they were like a year or so ago. I've played in servers filled with 200 ping guys and it's not too bad.

I agree we play with 160 - 240 ping on our server and its fine no problems.

I wish that were true for me too! lol... It would cut down on my "screaming at inanimate objects" level... ;)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    It's only fine for those with that ping.. their gameplay doesn't change, only ours does..2 high pingers will increase my ping.. you know what happens with more pfff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    update is now LIVE! Here is a link to the news post: http://news.americasarmy.com/opt-in-update-notes-3-sept-2015/
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited September 2015
    Omgfail ..taking too long to rank up.. seriously?? Cut in half..u 4 reals.. sooo AA3 like?".. everyone 100 honor and nothing to play for within 9 months?

AA2 took yrs to get 100.. That is how progression should work.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Omgfail ..taking too long to rank up.. seriously?? Cut in half..u 4 reals.. sooo AA3 like?".. everyone 100 honor and nothing to play for within 9 months?

They could always retroactively implement a prestige system (see call of duty) if the game makes it long enough to have the majority be top level. Or they can just keep upping the levels available. Not too worried about this change, the current generation of gamers expect to see fast level progression.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Downloading 1.4GB
    I cannot find this *Added new server setting, bAllowGlobalChat, which disables/enables global text chat on server settings only one I find is this bDefaultAlwaysAllowGlobalVoice=false
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • LeMaestroLeMaestro Posts: 26Player
    edited September 2015
    Did anybody read the note:
    We have noticed it is taking longer than we would like for people to rank up in the opt-in, so we are going to drop the requirements for each rank in half soon. After the XP required for each rank is lowered we will reset stats to see how quickly you move through the ranks!/

Now this might angry some peoples. :D

I am afraid Doba that that the Dev's think that new players wil take to long to rank up because of you :p
  • VR|46.VR|46. Posts: 28Player
    people complaining about their pings 5-10 points higher is ridiculous, to start off theres a difference between stable ping, spikes and missing packets (theres even a difference if you have XXms due to distance or its caused by high traffic) i've played FPS games for almost 13 years, and i can say i've played with all ranges of pings, i have experienced lag (and seen laggers) with 30 ms due to spikes from 30 to 60. i've had a stable 70 ping and been told that i was warping (packet loss) and seen players with 10 do the same.. FFS ive seen people with 210 ping die faster than some F***** with 60 (the whole damm match)

Ok I found bAllowGlobalChat I set it to true but still global chat don't work.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Ok I found bAllowGlobalChat I set it to true but still global chat don't work.

Are you trying to disable global voip or text chat? bAllowGlobalChat is for text chat and seems to work. The other setting, bDefaultAlwaysAllowGlobalVoice, appears not to work as expected, which is a bug.
    LeMaestro wrote: »
    Did anybody read the note:
    We have noticed it is taking longer than we would like for people to rank up in the opt-in, so we are going to drop the requirements for each rank in half soon. After the XP required for each rank is lowered we will reset stats to see how quickly you move through the ranks!/

Now this might angry some peoples. :D

I am afraid Doba that that the Dev's think that new players wil take to long to rank up because of you :p

We have a certain amount of time in mind which would be required of an "average" player to rank up to the max level. This number is pretty large, something like 5000 hours. After looking at the stats we found the average player was ranking up about half as quick as we would like.
    bDefaultAlwaysAllowGlobalVoice is working ok its bAllowGlobalChat I set it to true and no one can use the y to chat global.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    just to show you its this one
    bDefaultAllowGlobalChat=true
    gKQ6BB2.png
    just to show you its this one
    bDefaultAllowGlobalChat=true

We will check it out, thanks.
  • Kilroy_0Kilroy_0 Posts: 43Player
    My thoughts on the HUD scaling:
    it's nice, but I think it would be nice to see the effect in real time instead of having to press esc to check if it's OK yet;
    it would also be nice to be able to have the ability to scale each individual part of the HUD (for example I'd like my radar to be smaller, but the chat is too small then and it's hard to read it, while the "enemy has the objective" and "defend objective" icons are still a bit too big imo)
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,149Player
    We have a certain amount of time in mind which would be required of an "average" player to rank up to the max level. This number is pretty large, something like 5000 hours. After looking at the stats we found the average player was ranking up about half as quick as we would like.

So doing some quick math. 5000 hours over the course of two years would be a little more than half of a year of continuous playing. At a rate of 2 hours per day, it would be 2500 days or almost 7 years. 3 hours per day would put you at about 4.5 years. 5 hours per day = 2.75 years. That's quite a lot of hours. Maybe knock that down to like 4000 hours.

Also, how much of a curve is there for ranking up? I feel like I'm ranking up extremely slowly. 21 hours only got me to level 3.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 271Player
    Level 1-100 was simple...new ranking system and hours to rank is less than attractive. If the system wasn't broke...why "fix" it?
    What was wrong with 1-100 ranking system????
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy