New Opt-In build for September 3

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
edited September 2015 in News & Announcements
It's time for another update for you guys! Here are the notes on what to expect for the changes in this build:

http://news.americasarmy.com/opt-in-update-notes-3-sept-2015/

*New main menu - still a work in progress

*Ping for other players is no longer visible on the scoreboard; your personal ping is not yet displayed but will be

*Admins have access to a new command, AdminPlayerList, which lists all players by team with ping

*Added a HUD scaling option in the Settings menu; the option must be turned on for the slider to work (still a work in progress)

*LAN tab added to the server browser

*Highlights once again work on the server browser

*Unofficial servers should now appear in the favorites and history tabs as any other server

*Added new server setting, bAllowGlobalChat, which disables/enables global text chat

*New bleedout icon implemented

*The vault/mantle system now "grabs" the player from a shorter distance when attempting to vault or mantle an obstacle

*Fixed an issue where players could "skywalk" on Downtown

*The character's shoulder no longer clips into view when reloading the shotgun

*Attempting to fire during a slide will instead fire once the slide has completed

*Simultaneous vote kicks no longer cause issues

*One can no longer bind two or more actions to the same key

*Stair railings and trim for the Hospital maps can no longer be shot through

*Fixed a spot on Intercept where players could become stuck

*Team Select menu polished

*A player who bleeds out will now always appear in the kill feed

*The "NO SCOPED" achievement will no longer be awarded for team kills

*Fix for becoming stuck in a bad state when being killed during a slide

*Coldront EX once again has anchoring

*The firing range targets now play a noise and larger effect when shot

*ESC closes the overhead map

*Achievements notifications turned off for in-progress work

*The scoreboard is no longer viewable in shoot houses, the tutorial or exploration

*Ranks for both teams now visible on the Team Select screen

*The weapon wheel no longer vanishes due to climbing a ladder

*The Golddigger achievement should now be triggered and reported correctly

*Visual artifacts cleared out of the M68 red dot scope

*Fixed various missing textures on Bridge

*The C4 timer is now visible to attackers

*Fixed an issue where hitting the ESC during the shoot house AAR would restart the AAR

*Fixed various Z-fighting issues

*Fixed a collision issue on Downtown

* "Documents\America's Army" is no longer used. Launcher server config files are now stored in "Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\Launcher\ServerConfigs". Launcher log files are now stored alongside game log files.

* The editor is now treated as DLC, and is not installed by default. The launcher will install the editor when you attempt to access it, or you can manually install/uninstall it by right-clicking the game in your Steam Library, choosing "Properties", going to the "DLC" tab, and checking/unchecking the editor.

The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited August 2015
    *New bleedout icon implemented

Is this different from the square one we see in opt-in now? I like that one.

Any fix on the next map mini-picture not showing after the match?
    googley avatar aapg

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It's more of an iteration of the icon you see now.

The next map image thing is all changing. Dev Knox and Dev Kartigan are working on a whole system there that allows for picking the next map on the AAR screen.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Vaulte/mantle grabs at hopefully a distance of where you have to touch the obj.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    It seems like you guys are in a state of polishing as I do not see any major changes.
    wrote:
    *The vault/mantle system now "grabs" the player from a shorter distance when attempting to vault or mantle an obstacle

GREAT

*Team Select menu polished

GOOD, that menu was uglyyyyy

*The "NO SCOPED" achievement will no longer be awarded for team kills

LOL

*Fixed various Z-fighting issues

As in audio?

Looking forward to the finished product. One piece of advice I can give you is that upon release, many old timers and even newcomers who have done their research will be looking for game defining features that are currently missing in this iteration of the game. Perhaps a banner of some sort of features to come will give new players/game reviewers a glimpse into what's to come. I say this because if I was a game reviewer, I know that would be an issue I brought up.

EX. Soon to come! VIP Mode and Fireteams! Hooray!

Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Z fighting is a texture issue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting

• GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    I still miss the fixes for the bugs that pester text chat..
    Besides that I won't have any means of communicating if the server owner decides to turn off global chat, it's really beyond me how that came to be implemented. Surely we can brainstorm as a community (with the devs) to find a better alternative...
    Happy with the other stuff!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    The editor change to DLC is a great idea I think :mrgreen:
    *Attempting to fire during a slide will instead fire once the slide has completed

Just to clear this up in my head as it's slightly confusing me, if I press to fire 'whilst I'm sliding' is my character going to shoot after the slide finishes? even if I'm no longer pressing the fire key?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Great update
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer

Just to clear this up in my head as it's slightly confusing me, if I press to fire 'whilst I'm sliding' is my character going to shoot after the slide finishes? even if I'm no longer pressing the fire key?

Yes, this is how it already works for coming out of sprint.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    So THAT'S why I'm dying!! I wait to get the sights up out of sprint!!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Why are you giving out secrets?? :p
    googley avatar aapg

edited September 2015
    Since there is only 1 official server and a handful of private servers running the opt-in then I guess we are at the mercy of the admins downloading all day for Thursday? :'(
    googley avatar aapg

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    More like at the mercy of not getting banned..
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    How about the bugs where you can not longer move, if you've been writing in the chat whilst getting revived?

I am still confused as to where the achievements are. And how you can see/review/brag about the ones done and to be done?
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    More like at the mercy of not getting banned..

I know the feeling. The only good ping server running BDX maps banned me.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • =[THC]=Gramzon=[THC]=Gramzon Posts: 2Player
    edited September 2015
    When are you going to fix speednades?
    Also remove the annoying pop up which says I have to have IE9 or later for full functionality that appears every time I run the game.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited September 2015
    I got banned from a server for asking the admin and the people he was screaming at (rather childishly) to calm down. It was the most hilarious thing ever. :D it sucks because it was a nice server otherwise.

Anyways, I can't wait for the new opt-in. Seems weird I won't be able to global chat, but whatever, guess I'll get used to that. But why remove the ability to see people's ping?

edit
    nevermind, read page two for my answer on ping. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Kilroy_0Kilroy_0 Posts: 43Player
    edited September 2015
    1. Just out of curiosity - any more works on optimization (and/or will there be any in the future)?
    2. You guys once said that you had a 64-bit version of the game in-house - will there be a 64-bit opt-in, or will it happen with the full release?

Oh, and the update seems really good, thumbs up, can't wait :)
  • .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    Any fixes to impermeable glass effect? Gets annoying having to waste a whole clip on a piece of glass that's hindering your vision because its partially broken....
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    Added new server setting, bAllowGlobalChat, which disables/enables global text chat

Does it also stop voip global chat we have that now its good for stopping insults during game.
    gKQ6BB2.png