Some small changes to chat and voting today

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,176Player
    edited September 2015
    200_s.gif

I.. I.. just want to say GG :cry:

to think.. I could have gone out and bought a new keyboard thinking my global message key was broken! for Nothing :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,411Player
    If you want to chat we have global voip chat on our servers o:)
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

Boom. Inadvertently supporting player servers.

giphy.gif
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited September 2015
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

Some of us have disabilities, late night no talk, or just don't like talking....

I get no COMMS , no names on full map, now this... just makes me wonder who is running the show? Do they even know their playerbase? We handle our own... I've never seen grief last longer than a few seconds, the community takes care of it themselves, every time. Treating the whole like it's too small to handle it is insulting to most of us.

We are ARMY STRONG. except for some of the whining I just did hehe ;) but seriously I need global text how we talked about the game, match, the GG's man, half the fun is talking to the other team about the great firefights.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

edited September 2015
    Global chat was the only means I had to communicate to everyone. I'm sad I can't say 'hi' to the whole server when I enter and above all the need to write 'GG' after actually having a GG.. is a staple in any FPS title. Things like replying to a guy who spoke to me from the opposite team over VOIP and me having to be/feel ignorant.. aint nice.

For 'me' it just feels like a whole got punched in the game and it will certainly affect my own experience playing, negatively. You don't realize what you got till its gone.

It's easy to say.. get a mic and use VOIP.. but unfortunately you don't know the circumstances of why a person does not, or chooses not to use that method of communication.

Just saying, if it stays gone, I will miss it :(

I love what global adds to the game, and we are looking at better options. Like I said from the start, this is just step 1 in the experiment.

edited September 2015
    I love what global adds to the game, and we are looking at better options. Like I said from the start, this is just step 1 in the experiment.

At least post how to turn on TEXT like of old... it's so frustrating.. getting called so many names cause i can't answer back.. ( they think i'm rude not answering ) makes me look rude not saying TY or GJ to other team or just answering any question field to me. I can't even explain to them why I can't global voice with them.

********Bam4D********

We're working as hard as we can on the text chat bugs. They're actually way more tenacious than you would think. It's always the stupid little bugs that are the hardest to deal with.

• -=DA=-Monk86-=DA=-Monk86 Posts: 3Player
    "Some small changes to chat and voting today"
    I believe this is a very "big" game changer.
    Just a few days ago I jumped into a server with only one guy in it. and we messed around picking new weapons for each round til the server populated. I did not know him before the other night. So if that happens in the future and there is no way to communicate with 1vs1 I'll probably just leave the room.
    Feels like squeaky wheel syndrome!
    edited September 2015
    This whole game has been squeaky wheel... they have no faith in themselves to design it their ( DEV ) way... Just build it ARMY style be done with it .. either they come or don't. The ARMY name has a lot of weight, they will come, free doesn't hurt either... and being FREE this game is miles above some 59.99 games and the community has class & friendships, game is getting tanked by adding oil to the this happened to me forum :trollface: 's

********Bam4D********

edited September 2015
    It's like we got hit by RFI-AntiAbuse :open_mouth:

The decent, respectful and mature normal players are starting to pay the price of the 1% worth of bad eggs by the looks of it. You know these offenders think they are winning right? they are probably sitting behind their computer screens like this right now...

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

I'm fully against abuse in any form.. But lets not allow these abusers the satisfaction of knowing they are taking away our enjoyment, one piece at a time.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    edited September 2015
    Well...I've seen some pretty nasty abuse. Without admins, something needs to be done.

If, as you say, we're so mature....how many are ACTUALLY acting as a unit and kicking abusers? Or is it more like people just saying "suck it up buttercup..."

I still like the idea of Ghost Squads with God Mode and AllAmmo going in an making it tough for the abusers!!!!!

:D
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited September 2015
    Or just permanent ban since this is a free game, ARMY, Government taking a stand. Go in server, go incognito and remove, one month should clean out the rift raft.

********Bam4D********

edited September 2015
    Recently I was thinking about the non direct abuse players suffer, the type that goes on but often is welcomed.. and I think wrongly in some respects but its not their fault, let me explain one example..

What about players who play on servers where the devs have set weapon roles on their map, but the server owners do not wish that role/weapon to be used on their server? the owner/clan whatever.. asks players to adhere to rules on their server, which is fair enough of course, but what if the mechanics of the game allow them rules to be circumvented? which is then causing players to get banned? it's not their fault.. the role is there to be picked.

I think you end up with a lot of disgruntled server admins and players.. So in not giving server owners the power to choose weapon types on their servers, this is contributing to the problem also.

Then there are people who get banned from servers simply for killing 12 people without getting killed themselves.. Basically they just got non directly abused too. What did they do wrong?, played well and was having a good game up until that point is my guess, now they feel like they are on the receiving end of either A a badmin.. or B a bunch of people witch-hunting them off the server.

I've been thinking about all this, what is abuse, what is banter, what is morally right, how and where does it occur.. and it covers such a massive spectrum of things that it makes my brain hurt. If you went in and removed all the things that abuse actually stems from (and man its a lot of things), then we would be left with no game, or one that sees us play as leprechauns firing rainbows at each other in the clouds. I guess even then people would find someway to abuse one another.

What I'm saying is we need to have a thick skin as much as we need to try and combat the problems of abuse. There is always going to be some sort of abuse happening, there are players who can do well one day and think "hey.. I'm awesome" feeling on top of the world, then the day after can't hit a barn door and are getting headshot round after round which causes that person to become disgruntled and sometimes they let that frustration out.

Reckless unforgiving abuse of a player is one thing, but a lot of what we come across is mostly generic and happens all the time, not just on this game but all games and simply cannot be stopped. Human nature and the byproduct of competitiveness.. in this field of gaming especially.

Do too little and we may end up with a game rife with evil.. but do much and we might all have to suffer a worse game.

I change my mind.. I'd hate to be a developer :lol:

• -=DA=-Monk86-=DA=-Monk86 Posts: 3Player
    Recently I was thinking about the non direct abuse players suffer, the type that goes on but often is welcomed.. and I think wrongly in some respects but its not their fault, let me explain one example..

What about players who play on servers where the devs have set weapon roles on their map, but the server owners do not wish that role/weapon to be used on their server? the owner/clan whatever.. asks players to adhere to rules on their server, which is fair enough of course, but what if the mechanics of the game allow them rules to be circumvented? which is then causing players to get banned? it's not their fault.. the role is there to be picked.

I think you end up with a lot of disgruntled server admins and players.. So in not giving server owners the power to choose weapon types on their servers, this is contributing to the problem also.

Then there are people who get banned from servers simply for killing 12 people without getting killed themselves.. Basically they just got non directly abused too. What did they do wrong?, played well and was having a good game up until that point is my guess, now they feel like they are on the receiving end of either A a badmin.. or B a bunch of people witch-hunting them off the server.

I've been thinking about all this, what is abuse, what is banter, what is morally right, how and where does it occur.. and it covers such a massive spectrum of things that it makes my brain hurt. If you went in and removed all the things that abuse actually stems from (and man its a lot of things), then we would be left with no game, or one that sees us play as leprechauns firing rainbows at each other in the clouds. I guess even then people would find someway to abuse one another.

What I'm saying is we need to have a thick skin as much as we need to try and combat the problems of abuse. There is always going to be some sort of abuse happening, there are players who can do well one day and think "hey.. I'm awesome" feeling on top of the world, then the day after can't hit a barn door and are getting headshot round after round which causes that person to become disgruntled and sometimes they let that frustration out.

Reckless unforgiving abuse of a player is one thing, but a lot of what we come across is mostly generic and happens all the time, not just on this game but all games and simply cannot be stopped. Human nature and the byproduct of competitiveness.. in this field of gaming especially.

Do too little and we may end up with a game rife with evil.. but do much and we might all have to suffer a worse game.

I change my mind.. I'd hate to be a developer :lol:

Good points Uni-sol, Most of the time when someone is being a bully all it takes is someone else to tell them to stop. If I see someone being an a$$ I just tell them "hey quit telling the guy it was a stupid move, look at his rank and next time guide him" and you would be surprised how often that will change an experienced players view.
    Just keep helping the newer players, they do appreciate it, and it makes it a better game.

Good people need to speak up! that is the bottom line.

"we the people" "Less government"
    For anyone who wants to chat by text, you can by typing..

say (your message here)

into the console :)

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    edited September 2015
    I just downloaded Open Beta and played 1½ match and saw 3-4 vote kicks for no reason. One was for "hackng", that guys k/d was 1-3. Glad something is being done about abuse.
    -
    Had to edit because of some misunderstanding in the following post's: I know Open Beta isn't supported anymore and therefor I don't expect changes in that.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Nero relax man! people need to stop coming on here every time a votekick happens.. because it happens, its always happened !! You guys make it sound like its the Devs fault some idiots like to spam kick.. heres an idea.. kick the guys that are starting all the kicks .. seems to work in servers I play

Ive got so many hrs and hardly ever see kicking an issue to the point where I feel something needs to be done. yet on this forum its played out like its the worst thing there is.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    It wasn't a complain. I'm just saying that's good something is being done now.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Doesnt matter how many times i read your post it looks like this.. you played open beta for short time, witnessed 4 vote kicks for no reason and youre "glad something is being done" obvious sarcasm .. an indirect shot at the Devs if you ask me..

but Ok, so 4 vote kicks in just over an hr is an improvement? and youre glad things are being done? is that how I should read it lol..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw