Some small changes to chat and voting today

Comments

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player
    Yes, you will be able to have these options on or off.

And how is this accomplished?

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Currently I believe it's all in the .ini
    As we go forward, we will look for better ways to handle the options.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player

I guess I needed to be more specific. What values should a private server owner change to match an official server's settings? Can you provide the *.ini file settings or a documented how to?

Sure thing, I'll have to wait until I'm at the office tomorrow to get that for you. I can't remember off of the top of my head.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited August 2015

I guess I needed to be more specific. What values should a private server owner change to match an official server's settings? Can you provide the *.ini file settings or a documented how to?

The bland cultured dairy product can get you official info tomorrow. In the meantime: edit the following in your server's AAGame.ini file under the appropriate sections. I'm guessing this is, roughly, what they've changed, but there may be some subtleties I'm missing. (Example: I don't think this covers the text chat restrictions mentioned)

[AAGame.AAGameReplicationInfo]
    bDefaultAlwaysAllowGlobalVoice=false
    bDefaultForbidSpectatorVoice=true

bDefaultAllowMapVoting=true
    bDefaultAllowOtherVoting=false

[AAGame.AAPlayerController]
    bDisplayNumPing=false

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 321Beta Tester
    BCPull wrote: »
    The bland cultured dairy product...

Now dat right dare is funny! :)
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Thanks for clearing that up ol' Tots. I thought the changes were going to be enforced on ALL (private) servers too. That's what had me worried. ;)
    googley avatar aapg

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Why not just enable a couple SA and Asian servers?

While it may be possible to host PG games in other countries, it's also possible that there are laws or other hurdles keeping hosts from existing. Some countries ban FPS games, for instance. Besides that, putting US Army branded material in the hands of other nations is a delicate thing. Some are allies and don't mind in the slightest. Others.... not so much.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    So when is this gonna be applied? Getting annoyed now. Are there logs about the people doing votekicks and stuff or am I wasting my time reporting abuse?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    So when is this gonna be applied? Getting annoyed now. Are there logs about the people doing votekicks and stuff or am I wasting my time reporting abuse?

Is it not already?
    We have made some changes in both the public 'normal' beta as well as the opt-in today.

That was three days ago..
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited August 2015
    Well, I just got kicked from some official server. Recorded everything, basically some guy following me around and shooting me, provoking a teamkill to get me kicked. But there were votes before I even teamkilled him. Really sad community after all if the only one speaking up for me is some American playing in the opponent team..
    Please send a report in with the server it happened on.
    We tried these variables to see if we could make the change without having to update the game.
    It seems it's not working like we hoped, so we're working on a more proper solution right now.

Happened on FRA14 if you can use that to fix it. Guess I'm gonna suck it up and wait for the change, not worth wasting time on the report tbh.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,093Player
    I miss the old days of the ROE system. At least that took care of people who decided to be jerks in game. FF within the first few seconds of the round got you sent to Leavenworth. Sure, sometimes it was an accident, but oh well, don't be stupid.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    edited August 2015
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    FF within the first few seconds of the round got you sent to Leavenworth. Sure, sometimes it was an accident, but oh well, don't be stupid.

You may have just give me the subject matter for my next sig.. reveal on 1000 posts :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• budstonebudstone Posts: 4Player
    its hard to believe that we are not going to be able to see pings again
    that's what made a lot of players leave aa3 good luck with aapg here we go again
  • VR|46.VR|46. Posts: 28Player
    take it easy.. most priv servers wont be using this option anyway

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Most of the best competition is on officials right now though because madmins and many privates are set up with weird settings like 2+ revives, incap spectate, SSHD, etc.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    So much for talking to people during 1v1s as your trying to populate the server.

Hey, that's a really good point. I do that too...! Hmm.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • {ANTS}_SaViOr{ANTS}_SaViOr Posts: 21Player
    I'm guessing the whole "report abuse and we will take care of it" part didn't work so now instead of banning the individuals you take the community aspect away from official servers by removing communication with the enemy team all together. Makes sense. I always did enjoy running into old friends or making new ones via chat or voip when they're on the opposing team. Oh well, private servers it is then..