Stutter/Freezes

Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
As the topic description says i still get 1 sec freezes and stutters with every nvidia driver released after December 2014.
While playing other games like GTA5 switching back and forth drivers every time i want to play AAPG is not really an option.
Any news on this front?

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Not sure if this applies, I can't test it. If it's just the editor or the engine as well.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/139504/bug-nvidia-driver-forcing-cpu-into-a-low-power-sta.html

Could it be related to MFAA setting in the newer drivers?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Yeah me too.. a few weeks ago when you told me to use that older December driver, things did run better.. could go back to it.. but the question is what the heck is going on

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    m_hermann wrote: »
    Not sure if this applies, I can't test it. If it's just the editor or the engine as well.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/139504/bug-nvidia-driver-forcing-cpu-into-a-low-power-sta.html

Could it be related to MFAA setting in the newer drivers?

interesting topic to read,if you tell me what to change where i'm more than willing to try it.

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    I don't have an Nvidia card, so I don't know what to suggest. There isn't much information on the web.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,075Moderator
    edited May 2015
    interesting topic to read,if you tell me what to change where i'm more than willing to try it.
    I take it you have the energy settings set to performance already?
    Also take a look at disabling coreparking
    But if it actually is a bug in the drivers/UE engine, no setting will really help.
    Fix is then use a different driver.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited May 2015
    Many have this issue, nobody know the cause. I had it before three fresh Windows 7 install. I still have a little micro freezes after joining a new game, just before round start and sometimes when I get killed.
    Version: 347.88
    Release Date: 2015.3.17
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    edited May 2015
    My screen also freezes sometimes, maybe once per day... it can last upto about 5 seconds...
    Still happens after more fresh windows installations.
    No idea what is causing this.

specs

msi gtx n760
    i7 4770
    asus z87-a
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,075Moderator
    A performance log could be useful, FRAPS does this nicely, you have to be a bit active to get useful readings tho, theres no reason to log loading screens etc.
    "stat unitgraph" is a useful command to visually see the performance, and where the stutter origins from
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I've played a few times over the last couple of weeks with the latest nVidia driver 350.12 (for GTA5) and have never had a freeze. I use these AAPG settings with no problems:

1920x1080
    Full Screen
    V-Sync Off
    Anti-Aliasing Morph
    Tex Quality Max
    Char Shadows On
    Shader Quality High
    Max Anisotropy 16
    Motion Blur, Dynamic Lighs, Dual Render Scopes. all checked.
    Dynamic Tracer Lights, checked.
    Ambient Occlusion, checked
    Simulated munitions, checked.

It might be just me but using Motion Blur seems to remove any screen skips or jumps.
    googley avatar aapg

• .dcG-ccoR^.dcG-ccoR^ Posts: 84Player
    edited May 2015
    +1
    Hopefully the devs are listening..
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    What do the DEVS have to do for inclusion of supported games by Nvidia?

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/supported-games
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited May 2015
    pay for nvidia license and optimization i guess.i'm also interested in the answer.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    Started getting freezes when I placed Steam on my SSD with fresh install of Win 7 Ult. BSOD sometimes occur too.

i53570k
    Msi g77a43
    Nvidia 970 gtx
    16 gb pny ram

Im at work now but can post dump file if need be, cant make heads or tails of dump file though LOL
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited May 2015
    {FOD}V@POR wrote: »
    Started getting freezes when I placed Steam on my SSD with fresh install of Win 7 Ult. BSOD sometimes occur too.

i53570k
    Msi g77a43
    Nvidia 970 gtx
    16 gb pny ram

Im at work now but can post dump file if need be, cant make heads or tails of dump file though LOL

I am also running Win 7 ultimate 64. This is strange. We both have 970's. I don't have an SSD but I wouldn't ever think that's a problem because it's still SATA.

Could this be a heat issue on the GPU? I have the ACX 2.0 version (2 fans for different temp ranges).
    googley avatar aapg

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    I don't have freezes in the Opt-in.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.