opt-in framerate

.shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
edited August 2015 in Game Support
note. my pc is fine. i'm not running windows 10. my hardware is not going bad. i run other games, including other fps that are a lot more graphically advanced... at a much higher framerate than i can run this game at...
-
edit: this only happens with the opt-in. if i go back and play the open beta right now i do not have this issue at all so... something seriously wrong here for me. uninstalling this for now.
-
-
-
issue:
(not sure if i did something to cause this or if others are experiencing it as well...)
-
so, as usual, this game plays at low fps when the game is in the background. but now when i bring it back to the foreground, i can literally count along as the fps raises extremely slowly back up to 122. instead of this process consistently taking 5 seconds like in the open beta and previous opt-ins... now it takes like 30 seconds.
-
this issue carries over in other areas too: not just alt+tab and shift+tab (steam overlay), but also even switching spectate between different players comes with a drop in frames, especially in big maps where each player is in a different location of the map. and again, is now really slow to get back up to 122...
-
the worst part is: even if i don't alt+tab, shift+tab, or spectate.. this hurts me because... i get low framerate at the start of every new round.. because?? idk. this even happens in open beta and other opt-ins. but now it takes way too long to get up to normal compared to previously..
-
it was bad enough before this opt-in. since most rounds start within 5 seconds of getting the option to select your weapon. that is already a short amount of time to give your pc to get that framerate up to max.. it was barely bearable before, being i could get my frames to max in about 5 seconds.. but now there is zero chance that will happen. i could literally start round, run to center of map, and maybe by the time i get there my framerate will be up to normal. maybe.
-
note: the fps hit i take from looking at scoreboard is pretty much same as before in open beta. drops from 122 to about 90, and i have no slowness issue getting it to go back up from 90 to 122...