Opt In update: Thoughts

=IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
New update, new discussions..Go!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited August 2015
    From watching a stream:

- I like the new cross fading out counterclockwise!
    - gun sounds sound better
    - bullets hitting around you sound great

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited August 2015
    I only ran around offline for a couple minutes, but the gun sounds are pretty awesome now. They sound proper instead of choppy and they probably sound better than they have at any point in this game's development. So props. The echoing especially on the M14 is fantastic.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I like! M4 no longer sounds like someone is getting repetitively whipped :)

Anyone having trouble with skins/camo's saving? I can change them but they do not stay changed, reverting back to default.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    I'm at work all smiley and giddy! Make it stop! :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    edited August 2015
    Anyone having trouble with skins/camo's saving? I can change them but they do not stay changed, reverting back to default.

Camo selections SHOULD work properly. I have mine set to GEO right now and everything seems to be working fine.

Weapon skins are now locked (I believe), as are optics. You can unlock them through completing weapon challenges. We currently do a dreadful job of telling you this. All of those screens are a work in progress. You can see what challenge you are working on at the Weapon select screen. Select a weapon and then look at the right side of the screen for that info. You should also see any rewards you get for completing that Challenge. Anything past Novice challenges (Veteran, Expert, Elite) will unlock a skin for that weapon. Optic unlocks are as follows:

Holosight - M4 Veteran Challenge
    AMR - 870 MCS Veteran Challenge
    SLDG - M14 Veteran Challenge
    SUSAT - M16 Veteran Challenge
    TR20 - M24 Veteran Challenge

That might explain why I'm not seeing/keeping them then :lol:

Thanks for the info :)

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    Can we keep our points from now on?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Not yet I'm afraid.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited August 2015
    once in a server going to the settings a mouse cursor appears on the screen ,after making some changes in the settings can't go back to the game and close the settings menu,mouse cursor stays for good.
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    Which video mode do you use (Fullscreen, Fullscreen Windowed or Windowed)?
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited August 2015
    also noticed a bug ,shot an enemy inside darkroom from the second door in surgery,went in to secure and run back to the door,hes body and gun appeared on the spot from where i shot him after the secure.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Whiplash/Doba for the no bandage thing you guys were talking about in previous thread. I think the best way to go is have a limit to number of self bandages. Not having the ability to self bandage at least once could be bad/annoying/not liked at all.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    put teammate name/icons back to how they were pretty please alls they do is get in the way now.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Wow M4 sounds muuuuch better!! Like it
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited August 2015
    So first the weapon sounds were bad to begin with and everyone complained about it. Then devs announced "beastly" weapon sounds and I thought "this must be it, they must have learned from the recent feedback to not overhype their work, this time surely weapon sounds will be great" and we ended up with bad sounds for m4 again.

So this time I just went for offline mode to try and see what it sounds like. It's amazing, rather natural sound over unreasonable overdone sound in other games, really well done.
    put teammate name/icons back to how they were pretty please alls they do is get in the way now.

Yeah I agree, nameplates have been getting in the way at times.

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer

The bleedout icon?
    Bleed out icon looks like Swiss flag. Thought there are all my brothers dead.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I like the cross.. looks way more professional than a bar.. and it dissapears on ADS.. good

overall sounds much much better.. hearing footsteps better.. but its early, have to play more.

The M4 .. I wont say its perfect.. but I can stand it without complaining :wink:

Recoil.. a little low across the board !!!

This discussion has been closed.