ESL NA Test Cup Semi-Finals

SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
edited May 2015 in eSports
Semi-Finals Overview
The map: Shadowstep
The date: 10-May-2015 (unless delayed or rescheduled)

Full bracket: http://play.eslgaming.com/new-games/pc/aapg/open/aapgtestcup-northamerica/rankings/

Match 1: Conviction vs Instruments of God
Quarter-final results
CON > InS 9:7
IoG > inv 9:1

Match Prediction
Everybody from Conviction will need to show up in top form for this. IoG's a strong team and won't make it easy for them. I'm predicting 9-3 in favor of IoG.

Match 2: IceNine Gaming vs Next Level
Quarter-final results
i9 > 12oz 9:7
nx > vR 9:2

Match Prediction
i9's put up some strong numbers in Siege scrims against other top teams. Meanwhile, nx has, to put it gently, been the focus of some controversy. i9 may be able to slow them down, but I'm expecting nx to pull out all the stops and take the win. 9-6 nx.

Still to be determined: If either match will be cast.
ESL NA Test Cup Semi-Finals
  1. Conviction versus Instruments of God19 votes
    1. con
      15.79%
    2. iog
      84.21%
    3. Too close to call
        0.00%
  2. IceNine Gaming versus Next Level19 votes
    1. i9
      47.37%
    2. nx
      52.63%
    3. Too close to call
        0.00%
  3. Which match would you rather watch?19 votes
    1. con vs iog
      42.11%
    2. i9 vs nx
      52.63%
    3. Other
        5.26%

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    Could you please supply a link if any casts do become planned to happen? thanks.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Of course :)
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Could you please supply a link if any casts do become planned to happen? thanks.
    :smiley:

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I'd watch both.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• med!hustLe-med!hustLe- Posts: 26Player
    edited May 2015
    BC are you casting these?
    edited May 2015
    If I find out when the matches are and get the appropriate permissions? Yes. The "if" there is important :)
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    I don't think "permissions" should be thing tbh. As long as there is some kind of delay and a caster is willing to stream it, leagues should promote it. It shouldn't be at the players discretion to "choose" whether their game gets casted imo.
    I don't think "permissions" should be thing tbh. As long as there is some kind of delay and a caster is willing to stream it, leagues should promote it. It shouldn't be at the players discretion to "choose" whether their game gets casted imo.

I agree -- I meant from Mulgarus or a league admin
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Agree, last time I wanted to cast, one of the teams refused to be casted. It's best to have the league just tell people a cast will happen.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    I highly doubt you'd have any problems with the 4 teams up there not wanting to be casted..
  • -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    I highly doubt you'd have any problems with the 4 teams up there not wanting to be casted..

Not saying we would. Just talking in a general sense as I've seen teams "not agree" to having their match casted in the past when in reality that decision should be entirely up to the league/league admins. This probably isn't the best forum to bring up the topic, but BC's post made me think about it.
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player

I agree -- I meant from Mulgarus or a league admin

You have my OK BC
    You have my OK BC
    <3

Official word seems to be that matches must be completed before May 17th at midnight. I'll try to set up casting for these, but I've got no idea on when the matches will actually be played.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Agree, last time I wanted to cast, one of the teams refused to be casted. It's best to have the league just tell people a cast will happen.

Just to clear things up about this, it wasn't really about the cast but how we got treated by the other team about it. You joining into a clan with 3 people while the cup already started didn't convince us into showing you our tactics either. And now you got them anyway lol.
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    You have my OK BC
    <3

Official word seems to be that matches must be completed before May 17th at midnight. I'll try to set up casting for these, but I've got no idea on when the matches will actually be played.

That's correct on the deadline.

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »

Just to clear things up about this, it wasn't really about the cast but how we got treated by the other team about it. You joining into a clan with 3 people while the cup already started didn't convince us into showing you our tactics either. And now you got them anyway lol.

Teams playing on ESL have to accept being casted. At least by eligible casters picked by the admin team (higher up admins).
    And there is nothing like "special" tactics you do not want to show. All tha matters is showing more competitive AAPG to other players/teams
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player

Ill get your tactics off playing you. Not off your stream. but ok

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player

To be honest, no I don't know them, I did not join as admin on purpose because you did not want me to cast it, when we fight you, I know nothing except for normal scrim matches. So don't worry about that.

SNLSTB.Bart^
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    All the secret tactics will be made public with the serverside demos anyway.
    Oh well.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player

To be honest, no I don't know them, I did not join as admin on purpose because you did not want me to cast it, when we fight you, I know nothing except for normal scrim matches. So don't worry about that.

Wanted was spectating the match because they opened that childish protest. We would've been fine with Philippovich casting it but with that [TOS Violation] you are doing with VI. Sorry, I just think this shouldn't be allowed like it isn't in every other cup.