Reminder to Fear

IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
Get your popcorn and barf bags ready for this Sunday!

Fear-The-Walking-Dead.jpg

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead
googley avatar aapg

Comments

• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    I don't know why but what I fear is a fail... I'm not a fan of the main actress. I don't think this is going to be as popular as the original Walking Dead... I'll give it a try tho!
    Oh well.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    It's something to watch, there's always that excuse :lol:

I wonder if they will have like guest appearances from any of the Walking dead actors, to the time before the outbreak? that would be pretty cool.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    It's something to watch, there's always that excuse :lol:

I wonder if they will have like guest appearances from any of the Walking dead actors, to the time before the outbreak? that would be pretty cool.

Problem is... they would need to make them look six years younger. Even Daryl looked like a punk kid way back when.

Note: not this Sunday but next Sunday. (Aug 23). I just got back in town and am jet-lagged by a day or so.
    googley avatar aapg

`xinoN wrote: »
    I don't know why but what I fear is a fail... I'm not a fan of the main actress. I don't think this is going to be as popular as the original Walking Dead... I'll give it a try tho!

Actually, the previews over the last couple of weeks look pretty intense so I am hoping for a faster and more grittier show. Probably more human-human carnage than zombie stuff.
    googley avatar aapg

Haha, I never consider things like that.

Give them a baseball cap some clean clothes and a shave.. Boom there goes your 6 years :mrgreen:

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    edited August 2015
    `xinoN wrote: »
    If it's as half as popular as the first walking dead it will be a success, but reality is any walking dead fan is going to check this show out. So its gonna most definitely get renewed for a second season and probably be popular enough to stick around. It's a really good idea because you get the same basic outline from a different city + different perspective. It is going to open up the door for more of these if it does well.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

The first season is 6 episode like the original and a second season is already in the works. Looks like they pretty confident it will do good.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited August 2015
    Mr. ROBOT is the only show that matters now. Please you must start from the being to understand anything, amazing show. Watch it and you may find me.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

edited August 2015
    Agreed, bam. Amazing show.
    Oh well.
    meh its aight.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited August 2015
    Watched the FEAR trailer... hmm now i'm excited about this show too... Will be so cool to see the build up to walking dead. Hope it's slow and not full blow zombies by episode 2 trickle in some mystery & science for couple seasons.. then get to the no hope part.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

Bump... Vomit...

Please don't disturb me tonight from 8 - 9pm central.

....almost like waiting to watch the Superbowl. Got the chips and dip ready!
    googley avatar aapg

Spoiler alert!!!

I was not impressed. Maybe it will get better? :(
    googley avatar aapg

The last 3mins were good. The rest was meh...
    Oh well.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Interesting .. one of the biggest reasons I watch Walking Dead is becasue of the very first episode.. if sucks you in.. so if this one isn't as good as you say that's a problem

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited August 2015
    Watching this tonight.. I'm hoping you guys are just treating it like most players have for the opt-in and are being overly quick to judge :lol:

I guess I'll see for myself soon enough :(

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We watched it last night. It's a slow burn, but it makes a good start. I'll definitely keep watching.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

I liked it not sure what people are expecting?

edited August 2015
    I liked it not sure what people are expecting?

It seemed that they put in all the intense scenes for the "whole" season (just 6 episodes) into the trailers. I guess I expected that fast pace action for the premiere. E1 was too much character study unlike TWD where you learned the characters "on the run". I guess the writers think we need to know the characters before we like them but that is not true in TV land. We don't like characters because of who they are but how they handle themselves.

I absolutely loved the Governor but did not care about his past. I assumed he used to be a wuss anyway.
    googley avatar aapg

Yah but it's different they wanted to show how it was for the virus just starting out vs rick waking up and virus is already in full blooming.